how long for drug to leave your system
    lisa loo is offline New Member

Default how long for drug to leave your system

anyone know about this with a swab test in the mouth?

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

The answer is:

It varies, on how much you take, how often,your metabolic rate, how much you weigh, absorbsion rate, etc,etc,etc..... Generally, a "quick" factor is a drugs half -life. This is how long it takes, on average, for half of the amount of drug consumed to be metabolized by your body.

For example, Oxycodone has a half-life of approx 3.5 hours. ( 3.5 +/-1.43 hrs). Worst case we'll go with 5 hours. If you took 10 mg of Percocet, after 5 hrs 5mg would be eliminated. By 10 hrs, 7.5 would be gone. ( Half-life refers to half of the available,so in the first 5 hours 1/2 of 10 mg would be gone, leaving 5 mg. After the next 5 hours, 1/2 of the remaining 5 mg's would be gone. Leaving you with 2.5 mg.) So after 2 days (45 hours) there would still be approx 13 micrograms of Oxy in your bloodstream and after 3 days it's down to .3 micrograms (or 300 nanograns).

All this is after just one single dose. Now it's just a matter of how sensitive is the equipment testing. This info is for urine testing.

Swabbing is a different matter. Swabbing tests only for 48 hours or less, per this website.

WWW.drugtestyourteen.com/order_products_here

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Here's more times for various drugs:
    http://www.drugtestyourteen.com/detection_times

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.