How long do drugs and medication stay in your syst
    hyper1 is offline New Member

Default How long do drugs and medication stay in your syst

Does anyone know where I can find a website where you can find out how long certain drugs and medications stay in your system. I randomly take a drug test and I need to know things about them. Does anyone know if a drug test locates everything, i.e., sleeping pills, things such as Adderall (which is ina narcotic class), and other medications used for anxiety like clonapin, or do the test just locate, street drugs, narcotics and alchoal? I need info quick. Also, I am prescribed Fentanyl (Actiq suckers), but I took Morphine, some I had for a while...wonder if that will show up as the same and I am ok, since I take fentanyl, or do they test for 2 the 2 seperate drugs? As far as I can tell from what I have found on the net, Fentanyl and Morphine are 2 different things, just in the same "class"....does anyone know for sure?

<center> HYPER1 </center>

ariadaun Guest

Usually drug tests just show the class - at least pre-employent or probation tests.

They normally test for benzos, opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, thc, and possibly alcohol. The results come back as positive or negative and the reading level. It doesnt differentiate between one opiate and another.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

You aren't really going to find a definitive answer, because the length of time it can still show up on a test will vary according to what you took, how much of it, and how long you were taking it. Also if it was an extended release for of a prescription drug, regular release, or instant release. Even illegal drugs will vary according to how strong they were, how much you used, and how often you used them in the period of time before your test.

As to the rest, unless someone is spending a fortune for very intense tests, the normal ones usually just show the usage class. So any narcotic would register, they wouldn't know if it was Morphine or Fentanyl. However, if you were majorly abusing, by taking way more than what you were supposed to, that will show on the level of the drug in your system.

On average, if you haven't been going crazy with them, you usually have the detectable amounts out of your system in approximately 3 days.

Wouldn't it just be smarted not to play around with other stuff when you have to have these tests? Then you wouldn't have to worry about this at all.

However, if you have a prescription for the Fentanyl pops, and you report it, that will usually negate any readings they get on the narcotics part of the test, since they just assume they will get a positive. Most testing places will just skip that part of the test, as long as you prove, or have your doctor verify that you have the prescription.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~