help me identify this little white pill
    sallylonglegs is offline New Member

Default help me identify this little white pill

I need help identifying this little white pill....one side has a GG on it, and the other has a 91 (or 16) on it.

Thanks!![:I]

hondo2 Guest

Hi! Sounds like it might be a generic version of Lorazepam (one of the benzodiazepine family - best-known brand: Ativan).

Trade or Brand Name Lorazepam
    Generic Name Lorazepam Tab 0.5 MG
    Manufacturer or
    Distributor VANGARD
    Schedule R
    Imprint 1 GG
    Imprint 2 91
    Color(s) white
    Shape round
    Coating coated

Drugs.com search found:
    Benzodiazepines belong to the group of medicines called central nervous system (CNS) depressants (medicines that slow down the nervous system). Some benzodiazepines (including lorazepam) are used to relieve anxiety. However, benzodiazepines should not be used to relieve nervousness or tension caused by the stress of everyday life. Lorazepam is also used in the treatment of certain convulsive (seizure) disorders, such as epilepsy. The benzodiazepines may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. NOTE:
    Benzodiazepines may be habit-forming (causing mental or physical dependence), especially when taken for a long time or in high doses.

brent1124 is offline New Member

are you sure this pill is an ativan? because prescribed for pain and this is how it looks. small round white pill, one side says gg and the other side has the # 91 on it. thanks for your help in searching this again

brent

brent bingham

markjen is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by hondo2

Hi! Sounds like it might be a generic version of Lorazepam (one of the benzodiazepine family - best-known brand: Ativan).

Trade or Brand Name Lorazepam
    Generic Name Lorazepam Tab 0.5 MG
    Manufacturer or
    Distributor VANGARD
    Schedule R
    Imprint 1 GG
    Imprint 2 91
    Color(s) white
    Shape round
    Coating coated

Drugs.com search found:
    Benzodiazepines belong to the group of medicines called central nervous system (CNS) depressants (medicines that slow down the nervous system). Some benzodiazepines (including lorazepam) are used to relieve anxiety. However, benzodiazepines should not be used to relieve nervousness or tension caused by the stress of everyday life. Lorazepam is also used in the treatment of certain convulsive (seizure) disorders, such as epilepsy. The benzodiazepines may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. NOTE:
    Benzodiazepines may be habit-forming (causing mental or physical dependence), especially when taken for a long time or in high doses.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

I agree with hondo2.

GG 91 (or GG 16, depending on how you hold the other side of the pill) is 0.5 mg lorazepam.

crushed is offline New Member

...heard about, Aldara (Imiquimod) http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s330-s-ALDARA.aspx...

quote:Aldara may be used for the treatment of genital warts as well as perianal warts, actinic keratosis characterized by warty overgrowths of the skin, and for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma.
    It's a good one and safe one. And it's herbal as well...

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Here's a picture of it:

http://media.cornerdrugstore.com/dru...9/lora009l.jpg and here's the manufacturer's website, they've updating the pictures:

http://catalog.us.sandoz.com/Product...SEL.Value=Lora

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.