G177 blue pill
    alicebeagle is offline New Member

Default G177 blue pill

I found these in my sons room - they are Robin egg blue and round - written in black is G177 I would greatly appreciate any help on finding out what these are.

Thank you!

tunafizzle is offline Member

Doesn't look like anyone is having luck with your pill. The closest I could find is "E177. The stylized E is often mistaken for a G. The color is a match but I think you said it was round, not oblong.... I know it's doubtful but I hate to see a thread with 0 replies :/

Anyway here's an image:

Sotalol 160mg by Eon Pharma

Default Thank you

I saw that one on line too and it isn't it. I do appreciate you checking it out for me though.

Thank you so much!

kirby is offline Platinum Member

they are Robin egg blue and round - written in black is G17
    Hi alicebeagle,

Does the tablet appear to have a dense coating like an M&M candy? If so could you please take off part of the coating and see if the interior is greenish brown or an 'earthy' color? Thanks.
    Last edited by kirby; 12-15-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: The word I used for "take" was censored and I don't know why!!

Kirby,
    The color right under the blue is white - then the center is a wood color like sawdust color is the best I can describe it - brown.

Thanks!

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Thanks, alicebeagle!

Okay, I'm 99% positive your son's tablet is sennosides, an OTC laxative. It's generic for Senokot.

I have three different store brands. All three are blue coated and shaped like an M&M candy or an Advil tablet. All three are about 10 mm in diameter and about 5 mm thick.

I cut open one and it does have a very thin layer of white. So it's a robins egg blue on the outside, a thin layer of white under (or part of) the coating, and the interior of the pill is brown. In fact, your 'sawdust' description is a perfect description of the color and texture! Thanks so much.

I don't know the manufacturer of the G 177 tab. It could be Granutec or possibly Guardian.

Granutec uses a plain uppercase "G" and Guardian uses a stylized "G". Check out Guardian's website and take a look at the "G" logo in the upper left corner of the home page:

http://www.guardiandrug.com/aboutus.htm

Thank you so much! Laxatives are the least of my concern with him. I am so relieved to know that is all it is. He has some problems that I am addressing and I was worried this was yet another pill. Thank you so much for your help!