Found WW176, MP58 and DAN 5513
    Time2Know is offline New Member

Default Found WW176, MP58 and DAN 5513

I found three pills. They are white, round, twice the size of a small bayer aspirin and marked as follows:
    1. WW 176
    2. MP 58
    3. DAN 5513

Anybody know what they are. If not can you direct me to someone that knows what they probably are.

New Kid on the Block,
    Stevem

sdm

robo is offline Moderator

All three are CARISOPRODOL 350 MG made by different generic drug companies.

1. WW 176
    This pill is CARISOPRODOL 350 MG
    a generic version of Soma
    Imprint Code WW 176
    Description white, round, scored tablet
    Info at http://carisoprodol.drugs.com

2. MP 58
    This pill is also CARISOPRODOL 350 MG
    Imprint Code MP 58
    Description white, round tablet

3. DAN 5513
    This pill is also CARISOPRODOL 350 MG
    Imprint Code 5513 / DAN
    Description white, round tablet

minoguesque is offline New Member

Question MP58? 2 x size of standard aspirin, >>'d as carisoprodol.

Please make it clear that, if the pills with imprint 'MP' originate in Europe, they will be found to be products of METWEST Pharmaceuticals, based in the South of England, and also remember that carisoprodol has been banned in Europe (shame, it is the ONLY drug which has EVER helped my lumbar muscular pain, and that comes from somebody who takes oxycodone 20mg four times daily!), as far as I am aware, you are able to be dispensed carisoprodol (Carisoma, Soma) now only in Greece. For that reason, and anybody who has ever suffered that type of pain, or even some pain which in the USA is described as 'fibromyalgic', a diagnosis which simply does not exist here, fibromyalgia as defined by these kind of sites and Wikipedia is NOT recognised as a condition which even exists;
    Metwest makes the 2.5mg lorazepam I am almost always dispensed (Ativan n/a because it costs double the price of any other brand, yet Wyeth make exactly the same 2.5mg tablet branded Trapax in S.America at a third of the price. Never will I understand big pharma companies!)
    In any case, Temesta and the generics by Hemopharm and Zorka from Serbia, & Wyeth's own Trapax are considered better than Ativan. Metwest make the best lorazepam I have ever had, imprint 'MP61'. The 1mg is 'MP60' but I am unable to locate a '58'.
    Remember that lorazepam with a stated strength of 2mg, rather than the more usual 2.5, is generally very weak and made in Asia. That applies also to Wyeth Ativan, who make a ROUND, YELLOW tablet supposedly of 2mg, imprinted simply 'WYETH' on obverse and single scored on reverse side. AVOID is my recommendation, and NEVER buy lorazepam which is not either 1mg or 2.5mg. Equivalence, using the usual standard of diazepam 10mg, is:
    Lorazepam 1mg = 10mg diaz
    Lorazepam 2.5mg = 25mg diaz.
    The difference is that though that equivalence, see Prof Dr Heather Ashton for the full BZD picture, is EQUIANXIOLYTIC. Diazepam is much more SEDATIVE at even lower dosages.
    Anyway, the point is this MP marking seems to be USA only, and we are not told which company there uses it.
    Anyone with any sensible ideas as to how I can get carisoprodol 350mg tds without breaking my bank, being only on disability, I hear that DAN 5513 are better than the brand, so would be my first choice, please let me know. Circumstances in Europe have left a lot of people in a lot of pain if, like me, the alternative SMRs just don't do the job.

minoguesque is offline New Member

Question MP58? 2 x size of standard aspirin, >>'d as carisoprodol.

Please make it clear that, if the pills with imprint 'MP' originate in Europe, they will be found to be products of METWEST Pharmaceuticals, based in the South of England, and also remember that carisoprodol has been banned in Europe (shame, it is the ONLY drug which has EVER helped my lumbar muscular pain, and that comes from somebody who takes oxycodone 20mg four times daily!), as far as I am aware, you are able to be dispensed carisoprodol (Carisoma, Soma) now only in Greece. For that reason, and anybody who has ever suffered that type of pain, or even some pain which in the USA is described as 'fibromyalgic', a diagnosis which simply does not exist here, fibromyalgia as defined by these kind of sites and Wikipedia is NOT recognised as a condition which even exists;
    Metwest makes the 2.5mg lorazepam I am almost always dispensed (Ativan n/a because it costs double the price of any other brand, yet Wyeth make exactly the same 2.5mg tablet branded Trapax in S.America at a third of the price. Never will I understand big pharma companies!)
    In any case, Temesta and the generics by Hemopharm and Zorka from Serbia, & Wyeth's own Trapax are considered better than Ativan. Metwest make the best lorazepam I have ever had, imprint 'MP61'. The 1mg is 'MP60' but I am unable to locate a '58'.
    Remember that lorazepam with a stated strength of 2mg, rather than the more usual 2.5, is generally very weak and made in Asia. That applies also to Wyeth Ativan, who make a ROUND, YELLOW tablet supposedly of 2mg, imprinted simply 'WYETH' on obverse and single scored on reverse side. AVOID is my recommendation, and NEVER buy lorazepam which is not either 1mg or 2.5mg. Equivalence, using the usual standard of diazepam 10mg, is:
    Lorazepam 1mg = 10mg diaz
    Lorazepam 2.5mg = 25mg diaz.
    The difference is that though that equivalence, see Prof Dr Heather Ashton for the full BZD picture, is EQUIANXIOLYTIC. Diazepam is much more SEDATIVE at even lower dosages.
    Anyway, the point is this MP marking seems to be USA only, and we are not told which company there uses it.
    Anyone with any sensible ideas as to how I can get carisoprodol 350mg tds without breaking my bank, being only on disability, I hear that DAN 5513 are better than the brand, so would be my first choice, please let me know. Circumstances in Europe have left a lot of people in a lot of pain if, like me, the alternative SMRs just don't do the job.