Found pill in sons room...please help!
    mike6926 is offline New Member

Default Found pill in sons room...please help!

Hello, I found a green and white capsule pill in my sons room. there are no markings on it. its just green and white. THanks for any help.

vanpills is offline New Member

Prozac comes in green and white capsules, but I'm sure they would have a marking on them. It could be an herbal drug, "trucker pills", extacy or something of the like.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Sorry, there's no way to >> a pill without an imprint. All Rx and OTC drugs in the US are required by the FDA to have an imprint, otherwise it could be a vitamin, herbal, energy, diet, foreign or illicit.

lawyer100 is offline Junior Member

Sorry I can't help you either-but yes all OTC and prescription drugs will have markings on them. I would think even vitamins and herbal supps mostly would, too. I don't want to scare or worry you, but it it probably an illegal drug. Take it to a pharmacist and ask his advice-he might be able to figure out what it is or get you in contact with someone who could tell you what it is. Have you asked your son? If you can't get an answer out of him, I would go to a drug store (Walgreens has them) and get a full spectrum drug testing kit and make him do it (and surprise him with it, don't let him know you're getting it). Or you could take him to his doctor for a urinalysis. But I would definitely find out what it is. I'm having problems with my 15 year old right now-first it was smoking, then caught drinking and now pot and that K-2 stuff. If your son is doing drugs (and I'm not saying he is-it may be nothing), you need to know now if he is using and what. I just thought I would give you advice from one caring mother to another. Take care.

vanpills is offline New Member

Angry

I doubt if your child is not willing to talk about their drug use, that they will be willing to do a drug test. If you aren't a abusive paren and have a decent relationship with your child, then they should talk to you without a problem. If they aren't willing to talk to you, there are probably larger issues with your relationship with them that are more important than the drugs. Having bad relationships with your parents is a huge reason as why kids end up with drug problems. Doing drugs, drinking, and smoking are normal adolescent behaviors. It's the abuse that is a problem. Have you even watched the television show Intervention? In every one of those shows, the families are abusive and disfunctional. If anyone had tried to give me a piss test as a teen, I would have pissed in the jar and then thrown it in their face. Of course y'all probly live in the US of A where you need to take a random piss test to work as a grocery clerk and have millions in jail for drug posession charges (I want to say prison-industrial complex), so it probably seems normal to have your mother eye-balling your penis while you pee into a magic cup.
    Anyway, the answer to the original question is that whatever the pill is, it probably feels really good to your teen. So, the question that will determine if they become a drug addict is this. How good is teens home and social life?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-28-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Default Reply

I have to disagree with the previous post. It has nothing to do with having abusive parents or not. Both me and my brother did drugs starting young and we had wonderful, loving parents. Addiction runs rampid in our familly-that would lead to drug use more than being from abusive parents. My mom grew up being abused horribly by her parents and she didn't use drugs. I don't abuse my child and he wasn't too willing to talk to me about his using pot-he didn't tell me had been using, we found the pot in his room. He lied about things at first, but then opened up. But I'm still not sure he is telling us everything. And drinking,smoking and doing drugs are NOT "normal" adolescent behaviors-not every kid does this, nor should they. What determines if a kid becomes an addict is not necessarily their home life--it's who they are hanging around and whether addiction runs in the family. And it seems like you are insinuating that this poor man who originally posted is some bad parent that abuses his child and so now he's going to become a drug addict. We don't even know if it is anything bad (the pill). Nor do we know anything about the home life. You are making big assumptions. I don't know what country you are from, but don't be saying things about our country that you know nothing about, and don't put us down just because we are Americans, which it seems like what you are doing. I have extensive knoweldge of drug addiction and its causes and why it is a problem for some and not others.

Instead of giving any kind of advice, you just went off of this guy about being abusive if his kid is using drugs and knocking our country.

So Mike, did you talk to your son or find out what the pill was? I just hope that you find out it was nothing or it was just some kind of herbal supplement or something.

So Mike, did you ever find out what the pill was? I hope it turned out to be nothing and that everything is good with you and your son!

cherry14 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by vanpills View Post
    I doubt if your child is not willing to talk about their drug use, that they will be willing to do a drug test. Doesn't matter if they're willing, OP is the parent, they are the child...you want them to do a drug test, they do a drug test. If you aren't a abusive paren and have a decent relationship with your child, then they should talk to you without a problem.I don't care HOW open/good a relationship is between a parent and a child, if a kid is experimenting with drugs, even if it's due to peer pressure, whatever, they're NOT going to be forthcoming...be it rebellion, or fear of disappointing their parents. No matter the reason, they're not likely to talk about it that easily, that's normal. If they aren't willing to talk to you, there are probably larger issues with your relationship with them that are more important than the drugs. See previous statement. Unwillingness may be actually DUE to having a good, close relationship, and fear of disappointment/failure in their parents' eyes. Having bad relationships with your parents is a huge reason as why kids end up with drug problems. Doing drugs, drinking, and smoking are normal adolescent behaviors. Drugs, drinking, and smoking are NOT "normal, adolescent behaviors." Maybe they were for you, but they aren't normal and expected, and not all kids do one or any of them. It's the abuse that is a problem. It's doing it at all that's a problem. Have you even watched the television show Intervention? In every one of those shows, the families are abusive and disfunctional. If anyone had tried to give me a piss test as a teen, I would have pissed in the jar and then thrown it in their face. Well, that says a lot about you. Of course y'all probly live in the US of A where you need to take a random piss test to work as a grocery clerk and have millions in jail for drug posession charges (I want to say prison-industrial complex), The only reason you would find fault with either a) employers wanting to ensure the people they hire don't illegally use drugs or b) the enforcement of drug laws is if you are a druggie yourself. I think you've made your case. so it probably seems normal to have your mother eye-balling your penis while you pee into a magic cup. Wow, twist that much? Again, the only reason that you'd need to use that defense mechanism is projection.

Anyway, the answer to the original question is that whatever the pill is, it probably feels really good to your teen. How is that relevant? So, the question that will determine if they become a drug addict is this. How good is teens home and social life? No matter how good it is, or not, something has to be done the situation at hand NOW. If there ARE issues at home or at school, that doesn't mean that IF there is a drug problem occurring (and the taking of ANY drugs is a problem, not just "abuse" - by your definition) you can let it go until you identify and work to repair the underlying problem.
    "If they aren't willing to talk to you, there are probably larger issues with your relationship with them that are more important than the drugs."
    Drugs may be a symptom of a larger problem, but not always. Sometimes kids do things because, other kids are doing them. I started smoking as a teen, because everyone I worked with at my part time job, and my boyfriend, all did. I had a great relationship with my mom, and neither of my parents ever smoked. Had I not been around people that did, I would not have done it myself. Yes, I hid it from my mom...not because we had "issues," but because I didn't want her to be disappointed in me. I knew PLENTY of kids growing up that didn't drink, didn't try drugs, didn't smoke. So, as I said, I totally disagree that it's normal behavior for adolescents. It isn't necessarily about their home life if they do try them, either, it can be their social group. They might try a cigarette because their parents, or grandparents, or aunts and uncles smoke. That doesn't mean there's a bad/dysfunctional relationship at play, it just means they've seen it done so much they've accepted it as normal. With drugs, they may hear about it in school or on TV, and rather than take those as lessons NOT to do it, they want to see for themselves what it is like. Some kids see how drinking or drugs destroy their parents or other members of their family and stay far away from them. You can't paint the situation with such a broad brush, there are too many other possibilities.

To the OP, I wish you luck in getting to the bottom of things. All the best.

Lacuna is offline New Member

Lightbulb Make No Mistakes

You don't want to make the same mistake as we did.
    Take it to a pharmacist and ask them. They are like the doctors of pills.
    Sit down and confront your kid. Don't ambush them. They will just get defensive and not tell you everything. Pick a quiet moment to talk. Be prepared they might still lie because they are scared.
    Be observant and just don't go through their room, but their car too.
    Your kid is still learning in life and will make mistakes, probably a few more.
    Your child is the most important person in the world to you.
    Hug and listen to them. It is not easy when they can be nasty back, but you are the mature adult and it is your responsibility to stand by their side.
    The pill is a drug. No two ways about it. Your child feels they need it to fix something that is wrong with them, example to make them happier or more social. Heed that. Tell them it is important and show them how to fix it the mature way.Talking verbally about their problems with someone or you. Get additional help as in a counselor if you need it. Make no mistakes. They are the most important person in your lives. We lost our person, our son. He was a good son and we just didn't see or know what was going on. He hid feelings and things.

BeavisMom62 is offline Member

Goodness you are rude, vanpills! I don't know where you come up with those things you say, but you couldn't be more wrong. Geez.

Mike, did you ever find out what it was? wish you the best. Nothing is scarier than thinking your child might be using drugs. I hope you find out it is/was nothing.

Bellla is offline Junior Member

Just a little suggestion if you are snooping around his room, I can't say for SURE that it is an illegal drug, but look for rolled up bills, or any paper rolled up, look at any of his >> cards, bank cards, check for any residue on the edges...I'm not saying one way or the other but it may help to look at those things.

mas215 is offline Junior Member

Vanpills, before indicting the US prison system, which definitely needs an overhaul, but at least we're not like Japanese prisons or those in Muslim countries where you can get life imprisonment for pot, jailed for OTC products like benadyrl, and years at hard labor for small amounts of drugs in Japan. Whew, people love to knock the US, but ignore the countries that have no human rights and draconian drug laws.

ayron101 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna View Post
    You don't want to make the same mistake as we did.
    Take it to a pharmacist and ask them. They are like the doctors of pills.
    Sit down and confront your kid. Don't ambush them. They will just get defensive and not tell you everything. Pick a quiet moment to talk. Be prepared they might still lie because they are scared.
    Be observant and just don't go through their room, but their car too.
    Your kid is still learning in life and will make mistakes, probably a few more.
    Your child is the most important person in the world to you.
    Hug and listen to them. It is not easy when they can be nasty back, but you are the mature adult and it is your responsibility to stand by their side.
    The pill is a drug. No two ways about it. Your child feels they need it to fix something that is wrong with them, example to make them happier or more social. Heed that. Tell them it is important and show them how to fix it the mature way.Talking verbally about their problems with someone or you. Get additional help as in a counselor if you need it. Make no mistakes. They are the most important person in your lives. We lost our person, our son. He was a good son and we just didn't see or know what was going on. He hid feelings and things.

i am extremely sorry about your loss, but it is not correct to say that everyone who uses drugs wants to change something about them. if you approach someone who takes drugs for fun, and talk to them about what they dont like about themselves, it will not help at all. however, finding out if they are depressed is a very big issue if that is the reason for their drug use.

alfonz2497 is offline New Member

Question i found a few pills around the house and need to know what they are.

i was cleaning up when i found three pills in the plastic from cigaretes.i have a 13 yr old boy and i dont think they are his cause i had a house full of people for new years. the pills are round,pink and the imprint is p 115. the p is in a triangle which i found out was advanced pharmaceutical.if any one can help me i would be gratefull.....thank you albert.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.