Found Oxy, need a look-a-like
    ConcernedParent11 is offline New Member

Default Found Oxy, need a look-a-like

Help! I found some green pills in my son's room, I have done some research and I have found them to be oxycontin! There are always kids coming over to see my son, I guess I know why he's so popular now. He does not know I found the stash and I want to replace the pills with something harmless like a vitamin or aspirin or something, then confront him with them. Can anyone suggest something that looks like them that arent prescription? I plan to have a little "party" with all the kids and their parents, a group confrontation in hopes of finding the source and making sure those that need it get cleaned up. Thank you.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

First thing Mom, I know of at least 7 different kinds of each strength of OC, you would have to give us a description, such as color, shape, and markings, second Mom, say we know a pill that looks like it, it will not have the same markings, no two pills have exactly the same shape/color/markings and that'll be a sure tip off, not to mention different taste, drug users know their meds better then a pharmacists, and finally, third, where are you going to get it? Everything isn't available everywhere, meanwhile how many pills will your boy gulp down while your dastardly deed gets laid down? Then what if he stashes them somewhere else, maybe where you won't find them this time. Maybe he'll snort or smoke an 80mg or chew it up this time OD and kill himself, that'll be hard for you to live with.
    Forget having your "little party" or whatever, it's a nice idea that won't work, except maybe in TV land.
    My suggestion? Call him down on it immediately, find them again accidentally in front of him and have a plan of action, I say accidentally, that way he didn't think you snooped on him and he won't know his privacy has been necessarily invaded, so you have this going for you on follow up inspections. Have some plans of action such as drug testing him, notification of all his friends' parents (consider, maybe they won't care or believe you), and one of them may be the possible source, perhaps unknowingly, street OC isn't cheap roughly .50 cents per mg, where is he getting the money? Decide if your going to put this in the hands of the authorities, they will have much better success, finding the source, stopping it, and maybe educating everyone involved, and decide how far you will go, will you press charges. I think the rest you can figure out, i.e. punishment, follow up on him, where he goes, follow up on his friends, search, drug test, etc., if you would like more help, you know where to find me.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

To Cats: Thank you for your reply, I kept my posting brief as I was new and didnt want to take up too much space on here. The pill is round and green, slightly over a 1/4 inch in diameter. I am not too worried about markings, just something close.

Now, as for the parenting advice/lecture, I have already resolved my plan of action and didnt feel the need to post it, was hard enough posting this bit that I did. I spent hours on here last night trying to find something and happened upon here. The postings that I read by many of the members were very knowledgeable so I thought I would try for some assistance. Perhaps I was not fully descriptive, again please realize my nervousness/stress/anger (perhaps even some denial that this is truly happening) in all this and trying to find a quick solution. I have a friend that is a state trooper who will be there when the confrontation is made. We are in the process of moving, I was packing some of his stuff while he was at school, the bag was hidden in a trophy which now sits in a box in my room. I check it daily and he has not gone into it or asked about it so the pills will not be used or passed out.

I know that no 2 pills are alike in markings, thats how they are identified, but to find something close in color and size would be great. Taste or effect or any other issue with that are not important. Any help anyone can provide would be very useful, I too will continue my search today but my knowledge of where to look is limited, even through my friend.

You say they are round and green, then can you tell us if they are the ones made by Purdue it's marking is 80/OC or Endo is E 710 or is it something different, there are like I said 7 different Mfs. I guess you know they are 80mg, the strongest dose. I know OC and pills in general, I search them down here all the time. I can't think of any non Rx that is identical, regular Rx you wouldn't be able to obtain in the first place. So why not try the largest vitamin or health food store in your area. I still think your party idea won't work, you'll unlikely to find the source unless you can beat it out of him.
    No one could substitute a >>>> OC on me, you might have to give your son a little more credit too. I still favor the direct approach.
    I'm trying to help you, and others would still need to know the markings to get the color/size right, the best of us here specialize in Rx, the health food/vitamin folk may know more then us.
    Here is a pill identifier that might help you, ciao.
    http://www.wallsrx.com/services/cpident.cfm

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

My wife showed me this posting. First off, Thanks for the info, the pills do have 80 C on them and your link confirned our findings but did not help with our ultimate goal. We will find something on our own. Like she said before you can keep your lectures. Not that the details are any of anyone's business but we were simply looking for help to replace the pill in order to confront them. We will NOT have the original pills when we confront them in case one of them decides to grab and run. I WILL get the source and the source will get theirs and not just from law enforcement, bet on it. She was simply asking for a bit of help in finding a close replacement to use in the confrontation, perhaps if you had climbed down off your high and mighty lectern and read the posts intent to find a close replacement, perhaps you could have saved yourself some time with the unneeded lecture typing. She read many posts on here, found the people to be very knowledgeable and hoped she might get some help in finding an aide to accomplish the task, all we found was a lecture to add to our stress and someone trying to tell us how to deal with our child and our neighborhood children. Perhaps we should have found another avenue in the first place. All that was asked for was help in finding something CLOSE to what it looks like, not taste or markings, just close in color. And one can't exactly walk into a store and say to a clerk, "Hi, i have some oxycontin and need some help with a look a like", might raise some issues wouldnt it? I know it would with me if i was the clerk. I wonder if there are any other postings on here with lectures, I will have to search after I'm done dealing with this issue faced by my family.

All I did was try and give you good information, I can only go by what little info that was given. Take it or leave it and good luck.
    BTW, in your circumstances any store clerk should be helpful and understanding, you don't have to say they are OC. I provided that link for you to explore, there are vitamins listed.
    I don't think I even lectured you, but you both sound just like the kind of parents a kid would want to take pills and drugs to escape from, oh were did you go wrong? You asked for that one Dad.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

Your totaly right those people sound like such stupid stuck up a-holes. No wonder their kid does drugs! and since they are dealing with Oxy they have NO CLUE what type of people their kid is dealing with and with that stupid little party they could end up getting their kid beaten up or killed if word gets out that they are the reason everyone is getting f*cked over.. I know I live in a wealthy town and that stuff happens here too, people think they live in a bubble and they are safe because the neighborhood is upperclass or w/e. idk.. I just read the posts and it made me mad that all u did was try to help and they think that they are the best parents and know everything, its ignorant people like that who p*ss me off. and they ASSUME that ALL his friends are using it, I bet they arent and I bet they are going to make fools of themselvs and everyone is going to find out that their kid is a druggie...

Nowhere else on here are there lectures or insults, odd that some chose this post to start such a trend. The answers have come out, of no importance to you but I will say our son is not a user and was under some heavy pressure to hold the stash. The dealer has been stopped though and no kids have been harmed. All she did was try to help?? Not sure where either of you see that, but thats ok too. And despite your negative ideas, the confrontation went quite well. The kids told all and the ones that need it are going to be getting help. I wont engage in an exchange of insults such as both of you have put forth. We are good parents, we have raised great kids, we do not live in a bubble or "Nirvana". I happened upon this site looking for help and ended up getting insulted. We had our plan of how to deal with this that wasnt necessary to put forth in here, no kid was ever going to get their hands on even the >>>> pills, thats why we just needed the pill to look close to the actual pills. For knowing NOTHING about us, you came off knowing everything. Wonder if either of you have children and how you would have reacted to this situation, I hope you never have to face it. You cant know until you are in it, no one can, you can think you will handle it properly, hopefully you do, but you wont know how effectively until you are in it. Good luck to all those that come here and be careful what you ask for, sometimes you get more than the answers you seek.

I'm glad it worked out for the best for all involved. I only meant to help you, not lecture, and I chose my words carefully, I don't regret a single word, you are very touchy.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

And you are judgemental and insulting of people you do not know a thing about. How it was to be handled by us was not of yours or any other person in this forum's concern, it was NOT why I was here. You turned a request for information at a website about pills and drugs into a parenting lecture/speech/whatever one could call it. Nowhere else in any of your postings could I find you doing such a thing. Your lack of regret does not concern me, you have a pretty high opinion of yourself and what I say wont effect it. Good riddance.

Why do u keep coming back?? Just go away lol! That person gave u really good advice and you should listen to them. Also your son was "holding" them for a friend.. nice excuse thats definatly what I would say if someone confronted me! Sometimes it is good to take the advice, and no one cares if you were insulted. but if I were you I would Drug test him just to make sure, you can never be to carefull, I may not be a parent but I am a drug user and a teenager so I know all the tricks and whatnot.

Antiprepp1105 is offline Member

To be honest I think you guys should ****in chill on the whole issue. Its not as big of a deal as the media and all the ****ing propaganda makes it out be. I did the **** once a day for almost 2 months and quit cold turkey and I didnt have any withdrawal. You gotta take allot of that **** every day to get addicted and I cant think of very few kids who have that kinda of money. It was probably just a weekend thing for the ones that supposedly "needed help". I know tons of kids that have been sent to rehab and had their live ruined, and were not addicted at all! The parents need to think back when they were younger. Im s ure the majority of you did at least some drugs as a kid. You need to understand kids dont get addicted as quickly to these things because were always changing. But whatever you guys still sound like power hungry super douches

tripswitch87 is offline New Member

its people like you who i see on the news who get their house shot up and a bullet through their head and then wonder "how could this have happened"

and why would you get a cop to talk to your kid about drugs? I'm a teen and I hate cops with a passion. i would go find some bumb to talk to your kids about drugs and tell how it led them to where they are.. you parents are idiots

DuffMcKagan is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by tripswitch87

its people like you who i see on the news who get their house shot up and a bullet through their head and then wonder "how could this have happened"

and why would you get a cop to talk to your kid about drugs? I'm a teen and I hate cops with a passion. i would go find some bumb to talk to your kids about drugs and tell how it led them to where they are.. you parents are idiots

wow.. I think everyone of you is a complete douchebag. That sounds so hysterical "Im a teen and I hate cops with a passion" So typical. All of you kids who are bashing these parents are just completely stupid. It's obvious you think you have messed up lives therefore you're going to turn to drugs. I'm only 22 but give me a break already, grow up. If any of you are in Northeast PA, contact me so I can seriously beat you senseless for being so stupid (Yes I really will.) ConcernedParent11, don't worry about it, because everyone else here apparently are gonna be excellent parents. I can't wait till you people have kids and see how you handle it. You will react completely different once you actually have a kid unless you're a moron.

kid epic is offline New Member

ok i didnt even finish reading the thread but concerd a-holes... dont be a dick he was simply telling you that we the cildren the teens who do thsi are very knolegable of our pills and if he withdraws from an oc adiction he might go nuts and shoot you... i would if i was ur son... but im not... u suck... give him back his pills and u should take a few urself >> bet ud change ur mind about drugs... o and take like ten... chew em its like childs asprin ull have fun.... and ****ing od

gavo87 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by Cats Meow

I guess you know they are 80mg, the strongest dose.

nuh uh not anymore check out this big daddy

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Dis...10%7C1,00.html

girlygirl is offline New Member

Sorry but I have to agree with scissors. This is a little late repy but I have a feeling that most all the teens lied and are continuing to do what they are doing. As a counselor for teens, formerly a corrections officer, I see how easy a user can manipulate anyone. I don't care if you are their parents, authority, whoever. I think switching them out is crazy. He could easily have a stash somewhere else, how convienent he was holding them for a friend. Being a parent I'm sure that is what you want to believe. I have to say scisssors had the best advice, and advice is what he was giving, not a lecture. He was trying to help. Even if you chose to do it your way. Obviously you haven't been around "users" or you might know better. I do hope that all worked out, as you stated. But maybe it worked out for the forum's benefit. Like scissors said, users know their pills better then a pharmacists. I'm sure you will think I was ranting and lecturing too. But I'm just letting you know that I've seen what kids can do and how easy it is for parents to be in denial. I hope things are all going well as I see it was posted somtime ago and it appears that you might not be coming back to this site. But I can assure you I have ran into nothing but respect from everyone on this forum. I'm sorry that you feel different and took such offense. He was only trying to help, he didn't say do this, just a suggestion. I do hope all is well in your home.

girlygirl is offline New Member

Sorry but I have to agree with scissors. This is a little late repy but I have a feeling that most all the teens lied and are continuing to do what they are doing. As a counselor for teens, formerly a corrections officer, I see how easy a user can manipulate anyone. I don't care if you are their parents, authority, whoever. I think switching them out is crazy. He could easily have a stash somewhere else, how convienent he was holding them for a friend. Being a parent I'm sure that is what you want to believe. I have to say scisssors had the best advice, and advice is what he was giving, not a lecture. He was trying to help. Even if you chose to do it your way. Obviously you haven't been around "users" or you might know better. I do hope that all worked out, as you stated. But maybe it worked out for the forum's benefit. Like scissors said, users know their pills better then a pharmacists. I'm sure you will think I was ranting and lecturing too. But I'm just letting you know that I've seen what kids can do and how easy it is for parents to be in denial. I hope things are all going well as I see it was posted somtime ago and it appears that you might not be coming back to this site. But I can assure you I have ran into nothing but respect from everyone on this forum. I'm sorry that you feel different and took such offense. He was only trying to help, he didn't say do this, just a suggestion. I do hope all is well in your home.

incognito is offline Senior Member

I can't believe I am replying to this thread.

But to set the record straight, yes 80mg is the highest mg made. The 160 was discontinued shortly after it was released. Photos are still available, but the 160 is NO LONGER made.

DuffMcKagan is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by kid epic

ok i didnt even finish reading the thread but concerd a-holes... dont be a dick he was simply telling you that we the cildren the teens who do thsi are very knolegable of our pills and if he withdraws from an oc adiction he might go nuts and shoot you... i would if i was ur son... but im not... u suck... give him back his pills and u should take a few urself >> bet ud change ur mind about drugs... o and take like ten... chew em its like childs asprin ull have fun.... and ****ing od
    yeah the kids who "do thsi are very knolegable". Apparently not knowledgeable enough to pass school. How old are you anyway? Yeah, kids today have it so terrible. I thought like you when I was younger (not trying to make it sound like im older, only 22) but you'll grow out of the angry teen phase eventually. Yeah, having a drug addiction really shows people how cool you are. Unless you got addicted via actually having a prescription first for a legit reason then it's stupid to start doing them because you think it's cool. I have taken pills when I was in my teens, but you gotta grow up some time. I have been clean now for about 3 years. It's such stupid advice tell these parents to leave their kids alone. So, instead of trying to prevent a potential OD, you just figure nah it's cool. Grow up. If you wanna talk trash come to Northeast PA, come to Scranton, we'll see how much you talk then.

It should also be noted how irresponsible it would be for we pill >>'ers to give out >>>> pill descriptions so drug dealers could sell bogus pills to the populous.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )~~

jspliff is offline New Member

yeah this is way late but switching out the pills would be a very bad idea. If he is indeed a dealer and he sells some bogus pills to the wrong person, he could get beat up or worse. Addicts don't play around when it comes to thier addictions and selling a serious addict some >>>> pills could get you into deep deep trouble.

j_jnorris is offline New Member

There is nothing that looks like that particular oxcontin. He will know what you did as soon as he looks at them.

momneedshelp is offline New Member

This is a really really late reply but why are there kids on this site giving their two cents on any drug. Yes, I am sure you all are probably thinking that you know everything now but wait until you really need the medication that all the kids are taking for fun and the pharmacy gives you such a time to fill the script that you look like a drug addict. The parents are way out of line saying anything about lectures because if you don't know then this is where you come to get schooled and in college all we did was listen to lectures. Now a days you have to get all the facts about anything and the parents should appreciate the help instead of getting offended. If I found pills in my 17 year olds room i would come right here for advise and wouldn't care if I got lectured maybe that's what more parents need in this crazy world is a little bit more schooling then they already think they have gotten. Good luck to everyone and believe me the one kid who was giving the advice about not getting addicted to oxy and the kids that went to rehab ruined their lives, maybe you have a problem and they always say admitting you have a problem is the first step to realizing you are addicted. I can't shake Lortab or vicodin and I'm 38 years old and I can't even get out of bed without my meds, and ask me how many I tried to quit, probably 10 times. The withdrawals are too intense for my body so I'll be on these meds for ever. 10/500 and 7.5/750 are the pills I take every every day to function. The main reason that I wrote all this is because kids teens should not be on this site at all. This should be where parents should come and discuss what they found not to here other kids talk about how the drugs these people found weren't bad and that there are higher doses to worry about. that was proven by the one girl/guy saying that the 160s were not available. Kids need to get a better life than talking on a drug web site. What are they on here for to find out better drugs to take. I was appauled to read what the teens were writing on this site. God bless the children

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by momneedshelp View Post
    This is a really really late reply but why are there kids on this site giving their two cents on any drug......... I can't shake Lortab or vicodin and I'm 38 years old and I can't even get out of bed without my meds, and ask me how many I tried to quit, probably 10 times. The withdrawals are too intense for my body so I'll be on these meds for ever. 10/500 and 7.5/750 are the pills I take every every day to function. The main reason that I wrote all this is because kids teens should not be on this site at all. This should be where parents should come and discuss what they found not to here other kids talk about how the drugs these people found weren't bad and that there are higher doses to worry about. that was proven by the one girl/guy saying that the 160s were not available. Kids need to get a better life than talking on a drug web site. What are they on here for to find out better drugs to take. I was appauled to read what the teens were writing on this site. God bless the children

This has been a very informative site for this oldie so far. This thread just totally cracks me up. I have kids in their 40's for what that is worth. My using heavy was brought on by illness and injury also. I also tried to stop a bunch of times unsuccessfully. Who cares??? I was fried decades before lots of these people were born. Who cares???

This is a site for people having drug problems. I don't care if someone is 22 or 62. Either they know the answers or they don't. That should be the prerequisite for posting answers on this site. Look around. These people are giving answers to others who are dealing with life and death situations. Who cares how old they are, if they use proper grammar, if their shoes are shined, whatever .... who cares? I also go to church on Sundays, participate in Bible study classes, am involved in several ministries. I take advantage of opportunities to share that info. But when it comes down to sharing information that may save an addicts life, this is some serious stuff.

This is not a web site that is designed to be a gathering room for parents to talk about their children. No one recruits people to post on here. If someone doesn't like this site they should move on. Perhaps show some real initiative and jump up and start a site for parents to talk about Johnnie and Mary and leave this site to people who are trying to save their own lives by getting the truth with no pulled punches.

God bless the children! I agree. I would have no problem with my kids on this site if they were suffering with drug addiction problems. Read 200 or 300 posts. Then say there is not great info on here. And it's just like a TV only easier ... one can always change the station.

momneedshelp is offline New Member

The only reason that i was stressing about kids on this site is the way they talked to the people on the site believe me I kicked cocaine 20 years ago buddy so don't say that I don't have the ability to help addicts through addiction, went to prison at 19 because of cocaine and when I came out 9 months later I was straight until I had a slip and fall at my job. so please spare me the kids drama that I was talking about they haven't lived the life I have and I came from an upscale family and I have one of my own so I can say whatever I want and I can share my experiences with the world about be an addict. God bless you. Kids need to know that drugs aren't a game to see how high they can get and that's all I could get out of the younger ones posts. I haven't been on here long maybe a couple months and I think most of the kids on here are trying to get info on how and where to get the drugs. To me its my medication that I have to take regularly to get out of bed and the younger ones seem to think its just a game guess what ITS NOT A GAME ITS A HARD LIFE TO LIVE.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

There will always be a few people, be it kids or adults, who dispense advice others disagree with. You take and use what advice can benefit you and let the rest of it be. Pretty simple stuff. There are young people on this forum with great advice. I would never group all the young people here together and say you have to be 25 or a parent or whatever to share information on this forum.

Neither one of us or anyone else can keep kids looking for ways to find drugs away. I agree with you in that I wish we could do that too, but it isn't possible without infringing on a lot of other people's chance to get information they need. I would never keep this information away from those that need it because of their age. The kids with an agenda who come here are the big exception.

ann7 is offline New Member

The drug Oxicontin is a very serious problem in Canada and the US. It is a slow release drug but people are chewing it to get a fast high. That can be fatal. It can cause a heart attack. I have taken the drug for 10 years now since my car accident. I know all about the drug from my Doctor. Oxicontin is the most highly addictive drug on the market. I suggest to you to go on the internet and read as much as you can about the drug. You will be shocked by what you read.