flat, round white pill?
    cagoulet is offline New Member

Default flat, round white pill?

I found one pill in an old, unmarked pill bottle: flat, round, white, with what looks like a stylized "S" (like a Superman 'S') or a square with 2 half circles in the center on one side. Anyone have any clues? I've looking all over online and through my PDR, but no luck!

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Does it look anything like the "S" logo on this pill:

http://www.pharmer.org/node/2986

If so, we are still trying to identify the tablet. The poster thinks it's Canadian.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

That's it! I could be aspirin w/codeine...

Thanks.

If you can identify it, please repost and let us know. We like to see these mysteries solved.

What makes you think it's aspirin and codeine? And is it possible your pill is from Canada or some other country and not the US?

I don't think this is a US prescription med because those are well documented in the databases. If it is US, it's probably something sold over the counter or some med that's really old. Or it's possible it's very new, but a C III pill should be in the professional databases as soon as it is approved by the FDA.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

I seem to remember my son giving me a pill that he got OTC in Canada that the bottle said was aspirin complex w/codeine. I put in in a bottle with aspirin (clearly marked aspirin) and Tylenol. Over time, I used the aspirin and Tylenol, but forgot what the other pill was.

Cagoulet, thank you very much for responding. I appreciate it.

I'll post your idea in the thread on the other board. Maybe knowing that the S logo pill could be aspirin and codeine will jog the other poster's memory. Or maybe someone else will be able to provide the trade name and manufacturer.

Thanks again.

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Just to let you know that someone (Gregory Peck) found the answer for this pill. It's:

it is called "Mersyndol" and it is sold in Canada..it has Acetaminophen 325mg codeine phosphate 8 mg and doxylamine succinate 5 mg which I believe is an antihystamine

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.