Buying drugs online
    MADUNV1 is offline New Member

Default Buying drugs online

Hell0 - I'm new to this forum and hope that someone can answer my question. I have a friend who continuously buys different types of drugs online i.e. Vicodin ES, Valium, etc, from US companies without a prescription. Is this legal? I know that buying drugs out of the country and having them shipped to US IS illegal - but she claims she is not doing anything illegal. If it is illegal - how is she getting away with this? Everything comes to her within a couple days by fed-ex. Can she get in trouble by doing this? I'm worried and need to know if anyone of you have done this and have gotten introuble for it. Her husband does not know and I keep waiting for the day that the police show up at her house. If someone can convince me it's ok (or not ok for that matter) I could share this with her...then it's just not MY opinion. Thanks so much.

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Here's your answer.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm

By the way, I wouldn't worry about the local cops, I'd be more worried about the Feds (DEA, FBI,etc), as this would seem to fall under their jurisdiction.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Yes definitely under the DEA, and most certainly illegal.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

nutballgirl is offline Member

oh yes, all too real and all too ILLEGAL. report them. get their names and phone numbers, call the DEA and report them. as of yet, the feds have only gone after the "pharmacies" that are doing this and the "doctors" connected with them, but there has been talk of them coming after those that are ordering.

more importantly, can you arrange an intervention for your friend? she needs SERIOUS help.

p.s. don't believe a WORD she says if she says she's suddenly stopped. search through everything, up high, down low, in cigarette packs, the tops of cabinets, in the car, pockets.

best of luck to you.
    susan

"to laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" -Emerson

nutballgirl is offline Member

and off that same site mentioned earlier, here is the page where you can locate the local DEA office nearest you to REPORT these criminals. good luck.
    susan

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/of...div/index.html

"to laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" -Emerson

rpm693 is offline New Member

No, don't do that to your friend. That is crossing the line and infringing on her privacy. It is illegal under federal law. But it's the doctors who are breaking the law. If you do not physically have contact with a patient dr's are not suppossed to give scrips out for narcotices, but it's catch 22 b/c this is az great option for people like myself who need these drugs b/c I played professional football for years and have many ailing injuries and have no health insurance to cover dr's visits and scrips. If you rat anyone out, rat out the dr's. BUT DON"T BE A RAT!!! You'll ruin for everyone!!!!!

robert P. Mills

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

ACtually RPM, you can't blame the Dr's in this case, as it was stated that the friend is gettting them from onm-line companies w/o a perscription. So, in this case, it's the distribution company that is at fault along with the friend.

MADUNV1, I'd personally let the friend know that what she's doing IS illegal and you need to share the link I posted with her. By the by, here's what the DEA in 2001 said punishment can be:

"Anyone who uses the Internet to facilitate the illegal sale of a controlled substance would be in violation of 21 U.S.C. 843(b), which is punishable by a term of imprisonment of not more than four years and a fine of not more than $30,000. This provision could apply to owners of Internet sites, prescribers, pharmacists, and patients."

By the way, this is per count or offense.

Full notice: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fe...001/fr0427.htm

rpm693 is offline New Member

Yeah, but she is talking to a doctor on the phone and getting a phone consultation. Then, they send her the drugs. I know, I do the same thing!!

In the USA there are many companies who will send drugs without seeing a doctor. Phone consults do not count. That is illegal and that's were the Doctor's r at fault. Not the patients..

quote:Originally posted by Rawoody

ACtually RPM, you can't blame the Dr's in this case, as it was stated that the friend is gettting them from onm-line companies w/o a perscription. So, in this case, it's the distribution company that is at fault along with the friend.

MADUNV1, I'd personally let the friend know that what she's doing IS illegal and you need to share the link I posted with her. By the by, here's what the DEA in 2001 said punishment can be:

"Anyone who uses the Internet to facilitate the illegal sale of a controlled substance would be in violation of 21 U.S.C. 843(b), which is punishable by a term of imprisonment of not more than four years and a fine of not more than $30,000. This provision could apply to owners of Internet sites, prescribers, pharmacists, and patients."

By the way, this is per count or offense.

Full notice: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fe...001/fr0427.htm

robert P. Mills