Blue Tab? Green Tab ?
    Hollypop is offline New Member

Default Blue Tab? Green Tab ?

Hi!
    I have a question for one of you smart individuals. What is the difference between a "Blue Lortab" and a "Green Lortab?" 10 milligram.[?][:I] Also they have pink to. Why do they ask me at the pharm. "what color I would like?????" Thanks,
    Hollypop

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Pink is Name Brand Lortab 10/500 mg. (UAD 6350)
    Blue is Generic Lortab 10/500 mg. (Watson 540)
    White is Generic Lortab 10/500 mg. (M363)

I haven't found a green Lortab yet.

Generics are the same as the brand name as far as the active ingredients go, but the inactive ingredients and/or fillers can be different amounts and or types. I've heard that this can effect the way people "feel" when they take one drug vs the way they feel when they take another. Therefore, some people have a preference for one pill over another.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Generics can differ from the name brand, according to FDA regulations, by as much as 20% in the active ingredient. So some people have simply found that some companies produce pills that are better, and more reliable than others and thus have a preference for one generic over the other.

For instance, Mallinckrodt pharmaceuticals has become notorious for producing awful products. When I previously used some of their pills, I would sometimes take one and it was fine, later I could take one and I might as well have been chewing candy, then again at another dose the one I took would be too strong and I would get sick like I had overdosed.

This is why Able Labs got shut down earlier this year, they had awful quality control and none of their products were reliable.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~