blue pill with m on one side and 435 on other
    amondul is offline New Member

Default blue pill with m on one side and 435 on other

need to know what this pill is

robo is offline Moderator

The pill you have is Bupropion HCl Tab 100 MG by Mylan.
    Generic for: Wellbutrin®

Imprint: M 435
    Description: light blue, round, film-coated

You will find an image at mylan.com

Bupropion is an antidepressant medication. The exact way that bupropion works is unknown. Bupropion is used to relieve symptoms of depression such as feelings of sadness, worthlessness or guilt, loss of interest in daily activities, changes in appetite, tiredness, sleeping too much, insomnia, and thoughts of death or suicide. Bupropion is also used to help people stop smoking by reducing withdrawal effects.

You will find more information on bupropion at

http://bupropion.drugs.com

onegreatstarfish is offline New Member

Default allergic reaction- itching

i've taken wellburtin to quit smoking twice over the last 4 years. it works great, i've just relapsed like a fool. i'm taking the generic wellbutrin m-435 this time, and i believe i am having an allergic reaction to the meds. i've been itching all over, especially on my hands and between my fingers. is this a common reaction to this drug? nothing like this had happened the frirst two times, but i believe the manufacturers were different. the other ones were 150mg and they were a purplish brown.
    any help on this?

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Hi onegreatstarfish,

Your post is quite interesting. I've always focused on the seizure possibility while taking bupropion, but apparently skin reactions can be another side effect.

From the Zyban (150 mg bupropion ER) package insert:

http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_zyban.pdf

PRECAUTIONS
    General: Allergic Reactions: Anaphylactoid/anaphylactic reactions characterized by symptoms such as pruritus, urticaria, angioedema, and dyspnea requiring medical treatment have been reported at a rate of about 1 to 3 per thousand in clinical trials of ZYBAN. In addition, there
    have been rare spontaneous postmarketing reports of erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and anaphylactic shock associated with bupropion. A patient should stop taking ZYBAN and consult a doctor if experiencing allergic or anaphylactoid/anaphylactic reactions (e.g., skin rash, pruritus, hives, chest pain, edema, and shortness of breath) during treatment.
    Arthralgia, myalgia, and fever with rash and other symptoms suggestive of delayed hypersensitivity have been reported in association with bupropion. These symptoms may resemble serum sickness.