7 mm round white pill M over 18
    barb4777 is offline Junior Member

Default 7 mm round white pill M over 18

I have a pill that is about 7 mm round, white, with M ovet top of 18 on one side and scored on the other side. Anybody know what this is? Someone told me it is a 50 mg oxycodone. Is this true? THanks for your help. BARB

robo is offline Moderator

It is not Oxycodone.

This pill is METOPROLOL 25 MG
    Metoprolol is a beta-blocker used for the treatment of high blood pressure and related conditions.
    Imprint Code M 18
    Description white, round, scored tablet

You will find an image at mylan.com
    Info at http://metoprolol.drugs.com

robo - Is there a possibility that this pill is not Metoprolol? I'm only questioning because mom has one bottle full of about 10 to 12 different pills and she is not on Metoprolol, or anything for her blood pressure for that matter. I just can't imagine where my 74 year old mother got a strange pill that is not prescribed for her. I'm trying to sort out everything in the bottle and find out exactly what everything is before administering any of these to her. I don't doubt your answers or your capability in the least. Thank you for everything!
    Barb

robo is offline Moderator

Hi barb4777
    Your description matches the Metoprolol 25 mg pill exactly, but really the only way to double check is to have a look at the pill and see if it is the same.
    There is an image on the manufacturer's website
    Click on the link
    http://www.mylanpharms.com/product_guide/
    and then click on the link to Metoprolol Tartrate

Maybe it was something prescribed to your mother on a previous occasion and it didn't agree with her? Has she ever had chest pains?

[] Hi robo! You are absolutely right. I looked at the site and found the image of the pill and it matches exactly. Mom and I have an appointment with her doctor tomorrow - hopefully to straighten all of this out