What's the difference between endocet and percocet?
    corbro is offline New Member

Default What's the difference between endocet and percocet?

I got prescribed percocets from a surgery I just had and I went to 3 different pharmacies to fill my prescription. 2 gave me endocet and 1 gave me percocet. The 2 pharmacies that gave me endocet didn't charge me dispensing fees and the one that gave me percocets charged me dispensing fees. So i'm just wondering if one is better than the other or are they both the exact same?

Thanks

krakotoa is offline Junior Member

Endocet and Percocet are two different brands for oxycodone with acetaminophen. note there are different strengths within both of those brands. typically its 5 mg oxycodone with 325 mg acetaminophen. As long as the strengths were the same, then the medicine was exactly the same, just different looks to it.
    Last edited by krakotoa; 11-28-2007 at 06:35 PM.

turbowife is offline New Member

Default difference betwen percocet and endocet

Hello-

Along time ago, Endocet its was also considered a brand name frome what I understand. I know if you went to the Er they would often prescribe endocet, but now it is considered a generic. In my personal opinion, I pefer Endocet over most generice Percocet especially Watson because they are round and almost impossinle to break in half without a pill cutter and even then it is difficult. Most of the time the Endocets are yellow quite like the percs. I'm sure everyone has there own favorite, but when it comes to percs this happens to be mine and they are cheaper too. Hope this helps. Have a happy New Year Everyone!!
    Turbowife

boowahitme is offline New Member

yes,I do believe that endo is a jerri,[generic],& probaly are the same in strenght,or at least by law they supose to b.

Howdyhishappen is offline New Member

They're the same, Endocet is cheaper than Percocet but more expensive than the generic oxycodone

shody is offline New Member

Percocet and Endocet are manufactured by the same company "Endo". They look identical in appearance and I can't tell the difference in preformance. Endocet is sold as a generic for Percocet. Don't waste your money on Watson' s version for generic Percocet which they list as oxicodone and acetaminophen. Generic manufacturers are only required to put in a small percentage of ingredients to be considered as a generic to a specific brand name. I was very shocked when I learned this information. Ask your pharmacist. Hopefully they'll give you the true skinny about generic and name brand medications.