Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 240 of 240
Like Tree47Likes
Suboxone - How long does it stay in your system
  1. #211
    Shaxx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Okay,I have read this entire thread,and i see mixed emotions about everything.
    From my own personal life this is what went on with me,and it's not addressing the Main question due to the fact it's been correctly addressed.
    Back when i was in college i had a few friends that were into methadone big time,i seen how they were when they either took them all to fast and ran short and had major with drawls,i gave them a try they were 10mg and for me ???? i couldn't even take a whole one i had to break them in half,well parties were always going on that we were at and someone always had methadone or OC opie's period.
    After a while i started to get where i could take a whole 10mg tablet and i'm not going to use any excuses or make up ????,i did it because i wanted to get high,well little did i know that i was getting more and more addicted to them,and i was a certain Doctor's test subject for many pills that are out there today.
    I was tired of being sick from not being able to get my hands on the dones and one day an old friend came to visit and she knew about my issue's i had and what i did,So she told me about sub and how if i was serious it could help me out,be my life changer.I was young and foolish,but she told me if you wait at least between 48-72 hrs and do not take any opies that this medication would not only help with the drawls but if i was seeking a high that this could possibly blow you're mind.
    Okay so i asked her what she was talking about and she said it's called Suboxone Sublingual,as she told he what it was for and what it use to be used for,Well i was willing to wait and see what this talk about this stuff was,so i waited a week instead of 48-72hrs she told me to cut it in half and try that first since you don't know what it will do so on so forth.
    Well i took half of a 8 mg/ 2 mg and yes i know the taste was horrible but she had me eat something prior to taking it just in case,Well i ate and she's a RN so she stuck around to keep an eye on me.
    Mind you i stated above that i could hardly handle a full 10 mg tab of dones,but tolerance built up and so on.
    So i stuck it under my tongue and yuk but it started to hit my ass hard,and this is just my own personal life exp i am sharing,within about 20-30 tops of taking that i was so messed up and shocked that this thin film could do so much in such a little amount of time.
    Let me tell you lol the high from the sub was so much more potent to me that is then what i was up to in the amounts of methadone,i was so tore up that i nearly threw up,she had nausea medicine for that.
    So here it was about 9 am when i took it and we ran around on campus checking things out and what not.
    and around 8pm nothing had changed for me,this was still going strong,and then she asked me if i wanted to take the other half of it,and i told her no way i can't do it i'm so fkd up right now when is this going to like balance out to where it's smooth and enjoyable?well i had to eat more food and drink tons of water,and around 3am is when it smoothed out to where i could focus without wanting to pass out lol.
    anyways i have an extra bone in my right knee that always caused so much pain that during the time i was on the sub i didn't walk with a limp nor have any sharp pains shooting from that area.
    i found out from her and i seen it here as well and thought to myself WOW,This was used at one point for pain.
    Anyway this was still going the next day through out the evening and i was in one of those i'm about to pass out modes 24hrs later and it was still hitting me,hell i still had another half to go.
    So she asked me if i liked the high and i said HELL YEAH because i guess it doesn't do the same obviously for everyone,but it does for some.
    So she asked me would i like to continue getting more of these?
    And i was like hell yes i do,so she tells me okay now what about you're methadone,percs,oc,morph,so on?
    Would you rather take something like this and it be possible down the line if you follow the doctors instructions through this that you could be off everything else?and also working you're way off sub?
    Well i was a bit hesitant because i didn't want to give up all that,but i wasn't doing that great in many of my classes so i said sure lets give it a try.
    I met with the doctor we set up a reco plan and i stuck with it till the end.
    I Graduated among the top of my class and had 2 weeks left and i was off everything.
    When i look back at what she did,i now know what she was doing,but during i just thought it was to help me with my knee and get me high.
    Lol,I was tricked now that i look back,into getting into a program that because of her helped me to stick with it and get off of everything.
    My doctor was at my grad ceremony as well as many of my other friends that were doing the same thing i was doing back then.
    So i just wanted to share that,i'm doing well now and haven't had to touch methadone's percs or anything else apart from 2 mg sub here and there prescribed to me,and once i get in to get my operation to remove the bone my doctor and her said they'd stick by my side through it all so that i didn't fall back into the ???? i was doing before i nearly lost everything.
    God Bless
    diceyd_stephanie likes this.

  2. #212
    Julierx39 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Let's end the confusion!!

    Hello! I'm a pharmacist & obviously there is much confusion and many conflicting answers to the question: " how long does Suboxone stay in your system?"

    The correct answer is 15 days. As for all drugs, to figure out how long a medication stays in your system, you must know the half-life. Suboxone has a half-life of 24 hours. To calculate how long it will stay in your system, you must simply multiply the half-life by 5. So therefore, the amount of time Suboxone stays in your system is 24x5=120 hours, or 120/24=15 days. I hope this clears up that question!

    Also, Suboxone is composed of 2 different drugs, one attaches to the opiate receptors and prevents withdrawal symptoms from the actual opiate itself. The second medication will cause your body to react to an opiate and will send your body into immediate withdrawal if you introduce an opiate into your system in the presence of Suboxone...so don't do it!! I have seen the effects of using an opiate while on Suboxone first hand. It's not pretty people!! Patients are literally in full withdrawal after 1 hour. Luckily Suboxone does have some pain killing properties (it sits on the pain receptors much like opiates), so if you are in pain, upping your Suboxone dose temporarily, and with the consent of your doctor WILL HELP PAIN! There is no reason to take an opiate for pain if you are on Suboxone!

    Hopefully this helps all of you out there searching for "the correct" answer. Here is another piece of advice: instead of looking on the Internet for answers, call a pharmacist! That's what we are here for- to answer questions about drugs, and you can remain anonymous! No question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer!

    Hope I've helped!
    pastrada and piepkow like this.

  3. #213
    murphy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Hi Julie

    Not sure if it was a typo, but 120/24 = 5 days, not 15 days?

    Murphy

  4. #214
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julierx39 View Post
    Hello! I'm a pharmacist & obviously there is much confusion and many conflicting answers to the question: " how long does Suboxone stay in your system?"

    The correct answer is 15 days. As for all drugs, to figure out how long a medication stays in your system, you must know the half-life. Suboxone has a half-life of 24 hours. To calculate how long it will stay in your system, you must simply multiply the half-life by 5. So therefore, the amount of time Suboxone stays in your system is 24x5=120 hours, or 120/24=15 days. I hope this clears up that question!

    Also, Suboxone is composed of 2 different drugs, one attaches to the opiate receptors and prevents withdrawal symptoms from the actual opiate itself. The second medication will cause your body to react to an opiate and will send your body into immediate withdrawal if you introduce an opiate into your system in the presence of Suboxone...so don't do it!! I have seen the effects of using an opiate while on Suboxone first hand. It's not pretty people!! Patients are literally in full withdrawal after 1 hour. Luckily Suboxone does have some pain killing properties (it sits on the pain receptors much like opiates), so if you are in pain, upping your Suboxone dose temporarily, and with the consent of your doctor WILL HELP PAIN! There is no reason to take an opiate for pain if you are on Suboxone!

    Hopefully this helps all of you out there searching for "the correct" answer. Here is another piece of advice: instead of looking on the Internet for answers, call a pharmacist! That's what we are here for- to answer questions about drugs, and you can remain anonymous! No question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer!

    Hope I've helped!



    Pharmacist or no pharmacist buprenorphine has a half life of UP TO 72 hours or longer depending on one's metabolism of the drug and other contributing critical factors. Plus you have to add the stacking of half lives while one is using. Don't know where you got the 24 hour half life from but it's incorrect.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  5. #215
    CRYintheNIGHT Guest

    Default

    This might help...Straight from the PDR and makers of Suboxone;

    Buprenorphine is highly bound to plasma proteins. It is metabolized by the liver via the cytochrome P4503A4 enzyme system into norbuprenorphine and other metabolites. The half-life of buprenorphine is 24–60 hours.

    As Robert stated one's metabolism is a contributing factor. Included is a person's weight/height, diseases(kidney,liver etc) and other drug therapies taken..

    Take Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Pharmacist or no pharmacist buprenorphine has a half life of UP TO 72 hours or longer depending on one's metabolism of the drug and other contributing critical factors. Plus you have to add the stacking of half lives while one is using. Don't know where you got the 24 hour half life from but it's incorrect.
    listless, lifewrthlivn and piepkow like this.

  6. #216
    ginnny is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave87666 View Post
    Suboxone has a long half life and stays in your system a while..You will NOT catch any "buzz" from the pills(as if they are even strong enough to give one anyway) about all you may get is sick because of the opiate BLOCKER in suboxone...If you take opiates while on suboxone you get pushed into precipitaed withdraws...Let me just tell you that I've been through it,and it sucks...So IMO its not even worth it,or the chance of relapse..
    Suboxone completely blocks your opiate receptors, so if you take any sort of opiate while on suboxone you won't feel it at all, it won't do anything for you, you especially won't get sick. But if you take an opiate and then take a suboxone within about 12 hours that's when you will get sick because you will go into immediate withdrawal, not the other way around.
    listless and boggie man like this.

  7. #217
    Demjawns24 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    First off I would loke for you to understand and maybe reread what you wroye if you are on subs and take an opi of any kind no you will not get high but YOU WILL NOT WILL NOT GET SICK and if you say you have done so you are a Liar liar pants on fire you have got it backwards my dear so let me correct you as I know from painful personal experience, if you are on and opi of any kind and take a sub then that combo will put you into basically instant withdraws which will last aprox 1 hr however of yoi have taken a sub & then decide to try to get high it will Not work but you will not get sick I have done both n have regretted both for different reasons 1 BC I got sick & 2 BC I simply wasted my jawns so in hindsight taking opi before a sub BAD NEWS taking opi after a sub just a waste PS iam always right & thats no lie BC ive been the there Sony that any waaayyy more
    I

  8. #218
    xzxVINCENTxzx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey buddy, Iv been taking suboxone for over a year now from anywhere between one 8mg to three 8mg a day, but when I first started I was only taking a half 8mg a day, but anyway I noticed after a few weeks of taking them when I went without them for about 24hours I'd start to feel sluggish, weak, tired, achy and my lower back would start to stiffen up and hurt pretty bad... Then came the depression between 24-36hours. I'm 25 yo with a long history of depression but this is like nothing Iv felt before. I felt like dying. I'm not a very emotional person, but I'd feel like crying as well, everything frustrated me. It was horrible. Iv gone through DT's from opiates and >>>>>> before, which was pretty ????ty but this was wierd. It was like a nervous breakdown with body aches. I don't have any desire to use drugs anymore, as I used to self medicate for year... But I don't plan on not using suboxone for many years. If you need someone to talk to let me know, I'll give you my cell# and you can txt anytime. Good luck!

  9. #219
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    I have never taken Suboxone but I have taken Methadone and I still take Methadone for my back, hip, leg and foot pain. If anything happens to me or if the pain gets too hard to bear which I have been lucky and it has only happens a few times and my doctor sends me to the hospital for a shot of dilaudidand that usually does the trick. He never orfers me a seperate prescription for pain because of the fact I am a addict and believe it or not I only take my Methadone when I am starting to have severe pain in my back. I would suggest if you are on a program and it is working for addiction, I would try my best to stay on it and like the other person says Sub is a pain reliever also, but all in all I wish you the best of luck and I hope your ankle gets better.
    diceyd_stephanie likes this.

  10. #220
    listless is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Ive also had the same experience. It takes 2 to 3 days until it stops affecting your receptors even though it may be found in other parts of your body. It becomes inert. >> wait about 2 days then try the opiate only if you really really need it. Im prescribed 250 20mg oxycodones per month and when i run out I use Suboxone. Crisis averted! I have AIDS and serious health issues so i feel im stuck taking oxy.

  11. #221
    listless is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    isnt 120 hours 5 days? wheres the 15 come from?

  12. #222
    listless is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    that is correct. i dont know what the other guy is talking about?

  13. #223
    listless is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    thats exactly what ginny said. wow

  14. #224
    listless is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thats funny because i also have a long history of depression. I noticed when im in withdrawl from suboxone that I fall into a deep depression. Im there now as a matter of fact. IT SUCKS! Obviously you get depressed when you run out of any opiate, but Suboxone is so much worse for some reason.

  15. #225
    oortiz420 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default so wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawoody View Post
    Suboxone (Buprenorphine) has a half-life on average of 37 hours. So it'll be completely out of your system in about, oh, 24 days.

    30 days @ 8 mg day = 32 mg total in system.

    32 mg/37 hrs=576hrs for .000122 mg in system
    576 hours /24 hrs = 24 days.

    I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

    30 days@ 8mgs a day=240 mgs.
    MAYBE 240mgs/37 hrs=6.48649 mgs per hour


    your pretty wrong.

  16. #226
    diceyd_stephanie is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave87666 View Post
    Suboxone has a long half life and stays in your system a while..You will NOT catch any "buzz" from the pills(as if they are even strong enough to give one anyway) about all you may get is sick because of the opiate BLOCKER in suboxone...If you take opiates while on suboxone you get pushed into precipitaed withdraws...Let me just tell you that I've been through it,and it sucks...So IMO its not even worth it,or the chance of relapse..
    That happened to me, I am not a regular user of suboxone, but had to one day. The next day I had a 15 mg roxy, then took a suboxone the next hour. I will telll anyone NOT to EVER do that. I started sneezing, muscle's seized and I had to lay back on the couch and prayed for it to stop. It finally eased, but the lesson I learned is if you don't what you're taking (since I wasn't prescribed suboxone) don't mix it with opiates. Lesson learned!!! JUst had to share that. diceyd_Steph

  17. #227
    BonAquaGirl is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    31

    Default Robert 325 I'm on day 4 and hoping the worst is over with???

    I have read most of the forum. Oh how I wish I would had looked for you or anything about this medication months ago but I didn't so here I am. I was on Suboxone for almost 2 years, the 8/2 films, started out at taking 3 a day for about 8 and then down to 2 a day for about 6 months and then on 1 a day for 8 months and then I just stopped cold turkey. ou I am on day 4. To say the least it has been HORRIBLE. If anyone has any senses they will listen to you about being on this medication for a short time and TAPER OFF SLOWLY. You amaze me with all your knowledge that is how I know you are so legit. I read the one about Thomas's recipe and have sent my mom a email asking her if she can get me the L-Tyrosine
    and vit B6. (due to it being day 4 no need to bother with the other). Agreed?

    I feel like documenting this and what all I'm going through because I never want to feel this way again.

    The worse part for me is the depression from not being able to get up out of my bed and help take care of my 14 and 4 yr old sons. It makes me feel so worthless.

    I sure hope I'm over the worst part and just wanted to say a big HUGE thank you to you Robert and your wife. I can tell you really care and are changing a lot of people's life. I'm so thankful to have found this forum (even though its taken me 3 days to read it in full lol)
    pastrada likes this.

  18. #228
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    hello AquaGirl and welcome to the forum. Robert 325 has retired from the forum, but hopefully he will have the opportunity to read ur post at some point.

    by reading around the forum u probably realize u have jumped from a very high dose of subs. very few people can get away with that without having some rough times ahead. with the half life of subs being so long, and combined with the fact that a person has taken large doses of this very powerful drug for any length of time, those symptoms can be quite severe at times.

    and symptoms may not even BEGIN for a week or more in some cases. not trying to frighten u, only telling it like it is.

    of course there is the flipside and there is a few that get off very lucky and their symptoms are actually very minimal. hopefully u will fall into that group. there is one member right now (IN4ITTT) in the suboxone section of the forum that was almost in the same situation as u are now. she jumped from a very high dose and made it about 8 days without taking anything. the symptoms became unbearable at that point and she had to take more sub and is now tapering again the right way. check out her thread if u get a chance.

    i will tell u what i suggested to her at the time and that is to just keep going and see if anything happens in the way of symptoms. u will need very positive thoughts, and a firm comittment to have any chance at success in my opinion. it is possible like i said for u to be in the clear. but if not u will either have to "gut it out" or maybe re-induct at a very low dose and begin a taper process.

    i know u didn't ask for any help, but i felt compelled to offer it anyway. I have used subs myself, and certainly used Robert's plan. I'm clean now and enjoying life while trying to help others with subs whenever possible using his protocol.

    best wishes to u and keep us informed how ur doing. u may want to begin a new thread in either the need to talk or suboxone section of the forum. this is an old thread and not many people will see it. hope u get thru this with the least amount of problems. take care.

    Kikker
    Sublime Detox likes this.

  19. #229
    PAinPT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I've only gotten through about have of these comments. I've done alot of my own research from medical journals - I also believe other people's experiences have much validity, as well. So, I am a chronic pain patient, I'm not sure I'm I the right thread, but I have been on subutex for pain for 2 years. The first year it worked "good enough" - I was put on it thru a pain clinic. Suddenly I felt worse, and worse-until yesterday, after over 12 months of misery I went to my dr - I could barely drive there. I can't take the pain anymore!!!!!!! He immediately put me on a fentynal patch and told me the sub will b out of my system in 12 hours (I know better...2 yrs on 16 mg a day) however, he did say that 40% of your receptors are still open as it is a 60% pain antagonist. This is true, have read it, also. BUT, still so confused about when the sub will b gone and the full effect of the fentynal will work. I've read this stuff stays I you FOREVER if you've been on it FOREVER like me. Side note: I am NOt an addict, I actually do NOT like feeling dizzy or stoned on pain medication!!!!!!!! The initial problem I had was I was given short acting pain meds for too long. And not enough. They'd work for 3-4 hours then >> be in horrible pain until I could take another dose.......highly specialized hospital told me that was the problem I needed long acting meds....I did the "trial" for the sub because I heard u felt so wonderful on it and pain gone. I took my last dose of sub yesterday am and put the fentynal patch on last night. I don't feel much different -YET-I've read that very high doses of opiates are usually required for pain control coming off sub, yet since sub seemed to be doing NOTHING for my pain, I'm thinking the 25 mcg fentynal should do the trick. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!!! Thank you!

  20. #230
    pastrada is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Same here, been on suboxone sublingual strips for well over 2 years. Have been prescribed them for 2.5 yrs and got them from a friend for over a year before that. They are really helpful to help kick the opiate addiction but as long as I've been taking them its been hard to get off them. Started at 3 8mg strips a day and my doctor did nothing to wean me off so I did it myself. I gradually tapered from 24 mgs to 8 mgs to 4 etc... I now cut one 8mg strip into about 20 pieces and it will last 20 days. Every time I try to take myself completely off (which has been over 10 times) it usually lasts about 2-3 days tops until w/d symptoms kick in. Cant sleep, skin crawls, shakes, upset stomach, diarrhea, the whole nine... Since I'm on such low dose now they aren't quite as bad but there's a huge psychological dependency. I've tried everything for the w/d's the things that work for me are: exercise, be as positive as you can, vitamins, lots of water, BUT THERE IS ONE NEW DRUG (NON-NARCOTIC) THAT IM ON AND IT COMPLETLEY TAKES AWAY W/D SYMPTOMS! *GABAPENTIN* is what its called and it helps to stop neurological pain and reduces anxiety for me with a sedative effect... This is my fourth day without ANY suboxone and feel perfectly normal, no aches and pains, can sleep well, diarrhea is the only symptom I have which is cake walk for me. I also take *CLONIDINE* which really helps as well (NON-NARCOTIC).

    REMEMBER: BE AS POSITIVE AS POSSIBLE! GOOD LUCK!

  21. #231
    pastrada is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Came to this blog because I fell down a flight of stairs last night and got pretty banged up. In quite a bit of pain but don't want to take the subs to relieve it. Friend gave me a Percocet but don't want to waste it if the sub is still in my system... 800 mg IB profen doesn't really do much and don't know that I can wait a month. Haven't taken any opiates in 3 yrs since I've been on the subs. I've been taking between .25-.5 mg of sub for months and just want to know when its gone from my system???
    Thanks

  22. #232
    pastrada is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htown190 View Post
    I've been taking 8mg/day of Suboxone for a month now. This morning I fractured my ankle and was given lortab for pain. I know if I take the lortab now it wouldnt help with the pain. About how long does it take for Suboxone to leave the body so I can take the lortab for pain relief. Thanks.
    Just to let everyone know, I posted yesterday in this forum (last page) and have been on suboxone for a very long time (3 or more years, almost every day)... Haven't taken any in four days and was doWn to taking a very small amount. Got injured and had to have something for the pain without resorting to take the subs. I drank some liquid codeine today and most definitely feel it and the pain is minimal compared to yesterday. BUT I FEEL THE CODEINE!!! SO 3-4 DAYS AND YOU CAN TAKE AN OPIATE!!! POINT BLANK PERIOD

  23. #233
    coldbeer is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Heres my experience. 30 years old, male, 6'4", about 180 lbs. Took oc 30 and any other opiod for about 3 years steady and plenty of them. Started doing 8mg of subs 1-3 times a day for a year or better. I could wait less than 24 hours and take 4 oc 30 and get high .the same high I could get before I went on subs. And I didn't experience any withdrawals mixing the 2. Sometimes I would take subs in the morning and pain pills in the evening. So within a week I went from 1 a day, then a half a day for 2 days, and a quarter a day for 4 days then quit taking subs all together. Feel pretty much normal, a lil slower, but pretty normal. Been close to 48 hrs. I work outside and sweat profusely and Prolly drink close to 8, 16.9 ounce bottles of water a day.

  24. #234
    rjba5450 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I've had numerous surgeries and many cardiac caths. On the caths my Cardiologist gives me 3mg Dilaudid and 3mg of Versed and I've never had any problem. In fact, I'm pretty much in lala land!! This post was for the Rph. Remember, not everyones the same!!
    Last edited by rjba5450; 10-28-2013 at 10:13 AM.

  25. #235
    boggie man is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    My doctor writes me suboxone,adderall and Xanax and im tring to figure out the best way to take these meds when l wake up take my sub but l don't know if it is best to take the Adderall or Xanax first please somebody help?

  26. #236
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Boogie Man,

    First I'm just curious if all 3 of these meds come from the same doctor. Or are they from different doctors who don't know what other meds you are on? I'm just asking because it is a dangerous mix. I have been prescribed sub, benzo, and ADHD meds all at once, and it's rough. It's basically like using one drug to cancel out the other.

    Because the adderall is an amphetamine, which is speed, you should take it first thing in the morning so it wears off by the time you want to sleep at night. If you wake up past noon or later you'd be better off just skipping it.

    Take your suboxone at the same time each day. Either half your dose in the morning and half 8-12 hours later, or the whole dose at once one time per day.

    The Xanax is tricky and it depends on how long you've been on it. If you're new to Xanax, please trust me when I say take it sparingly, ONLY of you really really need it for panic attacks. If you've been on it long term, you can't just up and quit taking it as it poses risks of seizure and withdrawal. If you've been on it long term, consider a slow taper off of it. Your body will thank you down the road.

    I'm not trying to make assumptions or pass judgement here by saying what I'm about to--- I'm only trying to share my experience in hopes that you can avoid some self imposed misery down the line. If you are mixing these meds in order to try to get a buzz from them, it behooves you to take a long hard look at why you're doing that. This combo may *seem* to help get you thru your day now, but it WILL catch up with you in the long term. I hope you truly understand what you are putting your body thru with this combo. And I sincerely hope you don't decide to occasionally take more of Any of them than what you're prescribed.

    I say this because at one point that is exactly what I did, and it's NOT worth it. You are literally playing with fire with this combo. The risk for heart attack aside, you are setting yourself up for a very painful addiction and withdrawal when you decide to get off this ride. If you need help, make a new thread and ask. A lot of people here would be happy to help you.

    Above all, I strongly encourage you to speak with your doctor regarding this matter. And I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by systolic_suckerpunch; 11-27-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    there's no tellin' what we'll do when we're free...

  27. #237
    azumpire is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Post

    [QUOTE=CRYintheNIGHT;371753]This might help...Straight from the PDR and makers of Suboxone;

    Buprenorphine is highly bound to plasma proteins. It is metabolized by the liver via the cytochrome P4503A4 enzyme system into norbuprenorphine and other metabolites. The half-life of buprenorphine is [B]24

  28. #238
    azumpire is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Ok, what if you have been on suboxone for 8 years? I am on day 20 of being clean, and I still have massive insomnia, as my brain is not creating seratonin apparently. And I still have really bad restless leg. The problems that I dont have is appetite. I am eating 4 full meals a day. I have no stomach issues, and no bathroom issues whatsoever. My problems lie in the insomnia. I fear that 8 years of 6mg of suboxone has damaged my brain. Im still getting the cold sweaty hands, and I am still very sensitive to weather. My doctor gave me a 2 week supply of trazadone, and says that after 2 weeks I should be able to sleep on my own, but Ive not been able to. Any advice is appreciated

  29. #239
    willow9210 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Do you ever plan on getting off the Sub? And how hard is that? I have a 20 year old who's been getting it off the street. He has only been doing 2mlgrms a day. Or stretching it out to make it. He went to a clinic, told them how much he was taken. My question, why did they give him 8 mlgrams, his first dose? And why is someone been there 3 years? I thought they weened you off. The place made me sick. So many in and out, with their lock boxes! This drug sounds like a legal alternative. And someone is making money. And then the ones who sell their extra, just hooks the next one to go there. If you want off. Why after the withdrawals, from any of it. Would you go back. No youngings want to work. What happened to growing up. To want your independence. Sad, and not any help out there. You want off drugs not another one!

  30. #240
    Phishindub is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default False!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave87666 View Post
    Suboxone has a long half life and stays in your system a while..You will NOT catch any "buzz" from the pills(as if they are even strong enough to give one anyway) about all you may get is sick because of the opiate BLOCKER in suboxone...If you take opiates while on suboxone you get pushed into precipitaed withdraws...Let me just tell you that I've been through it,and it sucks...So IMO its not even worth it,or the chance of relapse..
    This is COMPLETELY FALSE!! Precipitated withdrawal is caused by taking suboxone too soon after taking another opiate. Here is an example....lets say I do a bag or two of dope then 6 hours later I take a suboxone. That will cause a precipitated withdrawal because the nalaxone in the sub with literally be trying to pull out the opiate from your receptors and replace it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22