Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
Suboxone - How long does it stay in your system
    Alana0707 is offline New Member

I am totally commited to getting off the suboxone and will listen to everything you have to say. I just split an 8mg pill into 8 peices succesfully, so if i was taking 1/4 of the pill, is going down to 1/8 too small...it say's to reduce by 25% (not too good at math!) & for 4 day's take the 1/8? i want to start tomorrow...(i take my pill 1st thing in the morning every day) i also am exercising and trying to eat extremely healthy (which i think should help me too!) not sure if i'm throwing too much on my late at once, but getting off the suboxone is my #1 priority right now while my son is away. How long of a period do you think this will take (if you can answer that?) & do you recommend an anti-depressant? i know that's going from one pill to another but i'm worried because i'm already so depressed or should i just plow through it?

Willie_V is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alana0707 View Post
    I am totally commited to getting off the suboxone and will listen to everything you have to say. I just split an 8mg pill into 8 peices succesfully, so if i was taking 1/4 of the pill, is going down to 1/8 too small...it say's to reduce by 25% (not too good at math!) & for 4 day's take the 1/8? i want to start tomorrow...(i take my pill 1st thing in the morning every day) i also am exercising and trying to eat extremely healthy (which i think should help me too!) not sure if i'm throwing too much on my late at once, but getting off the suboxone is my #1 priority right now while my son is away. How long of a period do you think this will take (if you can answer that?) & do you recommend an anti-depressant? i know that's going from one pill to another but i'm worried because i'm already so depressed or should i just plow through it?
    You and I both Alana-I have the 8mg Subs. They are a pain to cut into 1mg. I will get as close as possible and the next time I go home, I will get the 2mg Subs from my Doctor. I started with 8mg in the morning and 8mg and night, now down to 1mg at night. I always made very minor adjustments if necessary. So far very little discomfort. One of the things that helped me was to stay away from anything stressful, even a suspense movie- and avoid arguments etc. I made sure my surroundings were stress free. Even if someone raises their voice on the phone, I hang up. Good luck, you will win the battle.

Willie

cleanzgood Guest

What are you on? (lol) I cannot for the life of me, figure out how you made those calculations. If you didn't metabolize any of the buprenorphine, and just wanted to calculate the amount taken over 30 days, taking 8mg a day would be 240mg (8X30). But you have to figure 36 hours is the half life per dose. Half life is the time it takes to decay to half its present value. If you only took one dose, in 36 hours you would still have 4mg, in your system. Another 36 hours, and you would have 2mg, halving the amount every 36 hours until the amount is so small, there is no therapeutic value, nor any but minor discomfort when stopped. But, you have to figure all the doses taken are building up in your system.
    There is no "easier softer way" about this stuff. It is nasty stuff to get off, and it shouldn't be rushed. I have no doubt the manufacturers would love all of us to stay on it forever, but I am not Donald Trump, and don't have the bucks to stay on it. I just cut it into tiny pieces, and stretch it out over time. I try to tolerate the minor discomfort I have, and I am now at the point that I only take a tiny bit when I have to go out in the world without sweating or snapping at everyone; probably more of a psychological benefit than physical, but still feels real. Sometimes you just can't afford to be labile (emotionally unstabile). I am frequently wrong about plenty, and would welcome a different slant on this. I can't seem to get two medical professionals to give me the same skinny on subs; p'raps this community can.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Alana0707 View Post

If you're not already taking an antidepressant I wouldn't add one, you shouldn't need it due to the subs now being part of the picture. Only take ADs if you've been taking them all along already. Don't eliminate them but don't add them is my best advice in that regard.

Based on your current dose and if you stick to the plan you could expect to be off everything in a couple months anyway not rushing yourself and doing this right. No reason to be a martyr, just stick with the 25% reduction every four days or so and antiicipate the best. If you have a problem we'll deal with it if and when it comes along.. We will play it by ear and deal with this symptomatically based on how you feel as you move forward.

Stay positive and let me know if something comes upl I've been pretty sick lately myself, so bear with me, but I'll be checking on the replies as regularly as possible. Keep me posted. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

cleanzgood Guest

It was your doctor's fault that you got sick. He/she should have started your Suboxone IN THEIR OFFICE. You are not supposed to swallow it. It should be absorbed into your system under the tongue, not dissolved and then swallowed. I started 8/2 sublingual filmstrips 3 months ago and found that 1/4 of a strip (which would be 2/.5 buprenorphine/naloxone) was a comfortable dose for me. My doctor made herself completely unavailable so I HAD to figure this out on my own. She wanted me to take 4 strips a day, and that was way too strong. When I ran out, I didn't anticipate any withdrawal, so I didn't know what hit me by the third day, which, of course was a Friday, and the doctor was nowhere to be found and the office was closed. By that Sunday, I went to the Emergency Room, but left because it was the middle of flu season, and I figured that I needed the flu on top of withdrawal like I need a hole in my head. The next day I went to my doctor's office w/out an appointment, and sat on the floor until someone showed up with a key. She wrote another prescription for me and I have used as little of it as possible to still be able to function. I have used 4 and 1/4 of a strip in 5 weeks. 4 every day is what she wrote me to take! Hopefully, I will get it down to a tiny crumb every other day, and if my mood is stable, I will be able to stop, and to be clean 4 good. The more I read about this stuff,( like its interaction with anesthesia, its LONG half-life and other little surprises the doctors don't know about or just don't bother to share with patients) the more appealing a clean life is to me. All of these posts seem to go back 3 years, and things change, but there is a very comprehensive post by miRPh. This person is obviously very knowledgeable and sites his references. So, it is not "street advice" and there's more than enough of that to go around. It is well grounded in professional literature. I wish I could thank this person for their information

Quote Originally Posted by cleanzgood View Post
    What are you on? (lol) I cannot for the life of me, figure out how you made those calculations. If you didn't metabolize any of the buprenorphine, and just wanted to calculate the amount taken over 30 days, taking 8mg a day would be 240mg (8X30). But you have to figure 36 hours is the half life per dose. Half life is the time it takes to decay to half its present value. If you only took one dose, in 36 hours you would still have 4mg, in your system. Another 36 hours, and you would have 2mg, halving the amount every 36 hours until the amount is so small, there is no therapeutic value, nor any but minor discomfort when stopped. But, you have to figure all the doses taken are building up in your system.
    There is no "easier softer way" about this stuff. It is nasty stuff to get off, and it shouldn't be rushed. I have no doubt the manufacturers would love all of us to stay on it forever, but I am not Donald Trump, and don't have the bucks to stay on it. I just cut it into tiny pieces, and stretch it out over time. I try to tolerate the minor discomfort I have, and I am now at the point that I only take a tiny bit when I have to go out in the world without sweating or snapping at everyone; probably more of a psychological benefit than physical, but still feels real. Sometimes you just can't afford to be labile (emotionally unstabile). I am frequently wrong about plenty, and would welcome a different slant on this. I can't seem to get two medical professionals to give me the same skinny on subs; p'raps this community can.

The half life of buprenorphine varies from 36 to 72 hours based on numerous variables such as metabolism, fluid intake, activity level, too many factors to list them all. It's NOT a flat 36 hours or any other specific number for everyone.

All I can tell you is that after working with close to 1000 sub users successfully the process I've used on this forum has been successful over the last several years repeatedly. Lots of drs are now using this protocol for their patients as I speak with the drs myself..

Work according to whatever schedule you choose but if you will adhere to the following link you'll end up clean, including being off the subs in a couple monhs or so with very little discomfort. It's been a proven fact and history has repeated itself many times using this process.

Here is a link to the process that works. Your choice to either use it or not is obviously up to you. But I've done this for a long time successfully with people alll over the world. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Willie_V View Post
    You and I both Alana-I have the 8mg Subs. They are a pain to cut into 1mg. I will get as close as possible and the next time I go home, I will get the 2mg Subs from my Doctor. I started with 8mg in the morning and 8mg and night, now down to 1mg at night. I always made very minor adjustments if necessary. So far very little discomfort. One of the things that helped me was to stay away from anything stressful, even a suspense movie- and avoid arguments etc. I made sure my surroundings were stress free. Even if someone raises their voice on the phone, I hang up. Good luck, you will win the battle.

Willie
    Thanks Willie...i'm starting my weaning process tomorrow going from my 2- mg. a day down to an 1/8 of a pill (1 mg) tomorrow & gonna just get through it for the 4 days...i have a freind that went "cold-turkey" off 8 mg. a day for a year!! he scarred the hell outta me & am so thankful to have found this site & other's that i can talk to...anyway i'll post tomorrow night &let u know how i'm feeling & think i wanna do a diary too for other's as well as my own mental state of mind...i hope this is the right time to do it, everything in my life is falling apart & i think being on the suboxone for so long is part of it....things HAVE to change & i'm sick & tired of being sick & tired & just want to look at the world and my life not being on drugs!!! (& for my son too)))

pressingth is offline New Member

Smile About Anti-Depressants

[QUOTE=How long of a period do you think this will take (if you can answer that?) & do you recommend an anti-depressant? i know that's going from one pill to another but i'm worried because i'm already so depressed or should i just plow through it?[/QUOTE]

Hello, This is my first time posting on here. This forum seems full of great information. I wanted to share my experience with anti-depressants in response to the above quote.

My doctor said that I most likely have an anxiety disorder and bouts of moderate clinical depression. Those are two of the reasons why I found it was needed to self medicate with >>>>>>,cocaine, and alcohol. I agreed with this because I always assumed that I had an anxiety disorder.

What the doc gave me for treatment was 16mg suboxone per day and 40 mg of Celexa per day. My family and I noticed a substantial change for the better as a result of these aspects of my medical treatment.

However, I found the most invigorating part of treatment was the one on one psychological therapy. I went to that appointment once a week during my time on Suboxone as well as 2 group sessions a month.

Now I feel like I'm in control for the first time in 15 years! As long as I can stay on the right track i feel that life is returning to normal.
    Last edited by pressingth; 03-21-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Rdxx66 is offline New Member

Default Rd with the chills...........

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Rdxx
    If I were you i would just hang on to the subs for a couple more weeks, I know your done with it and dont want to take it, but just in case I would put it up in a safe place. how are you feeling today ?
    Hi Melinda! Its Monday and I had a very good Sunday (day). Walked 2 miles w/spouse at a local park and the chills were just about all gone and then WHAM they came back Sunday night, however not as severe. Little bit restlessness and nerves Sunday night, took some Xanax very late and finally dozed off around 3. This morning the chills are with me, still not near as bad as the past two weeks. I call it a false cold, as I can be freezing and its in the 70's outside. It was 2 weeks ago today at 10am cst I took my last piece of Sub. The piece was about a half of a half of an 8mg approx 2mg. Had also had the same doseage the prior night. The good thing about the suffering is it is, I will for sure remember it! But two weeks away now I gotta believe the worst is behind me.Thanks so much for your help and kindness as I am in such admiration of the help you and Robert provide on these post. Now on to the next two weeks..........................Rdxx

[QUOTE=Robert_325;314049][QUOTE=Alana0707;314045]

ok...well... day one & reduced from 2 mg. to 1 mg. & have felt no change whatsoever...guess that's good news will continue the 1 mg. for 3 more days then reduce by a quarter & exercise, eat well & stay completely positive....i am SoO GLAD i found this site and your advise Robert...i hope you're feeling better

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rdxx66 View Post
    Hi Melinda! Its Monday and I had a very good Sunday (day). Walked 2 miles w/spouse at a local park and the chills were just about all gone and then WHAM they came back Sunday night, however not as severe. Little bit restlessness and nerves Sunday night, took some Xanax very late and finally dozed off around 3. This morning the chills are with me, still not near as bad as the past two weeks. I call it a false cold, as I can be freezing and its in the 70's outside. It was 2 weeks ago today at 10am cst I took my last piece of Sub. The piece was about a half of a half of an 8mg approx 2mg. Had also had the same doseage the prior night. The good thing about the suffering is it is, I will for sure remember it! But two weeks away now I gotta believe the worst is behind me.Thanks so much for your help and kindness as I am in such admiration of the help you and Robert provide on these post. Now on to the next two weeks..........................Rdxx
    Hi Rdxx
    the chills will come and go, but it sounds like you are doing really good, so glad you made it out for a walk...exercise is the best thing you can do.
    I know what you mean about never forgetting this experience I will never forget mine either...
    talk to you soon, Melinda

Default brrrrrrrrrrrr........Still the chills

Hi Rdxx
    the chills will come and go, but it sounds like you are doing really good, so glad you made it out for a walk...exercise is the best thing you can do.
    I know what you mean about never forgetting this experience I will never forget mine either...
    Hi Melinda! Meant to ask you this earlier and promise not to bug you more, but am home working on taxes today 15 days off sub (came off too high to refresh your memory) and am still got the awful chills. My question is "What's happening in my body that keeps me cold, with goose bumps and also have had a slight hand tremor for years but has really gotten bad since came off the subs"? In other words whats going on exactly that gives me the tremors and the chills and they will stop won't they................Certainly hope Robert is feeling better and again my hats off to your work on these post and If I can do anything for you please ask............Rdxx or FREEZ'NNNNNNNNN n Tennessee............

sickofbeingsicknsc is offline New Member

Cool Heck yeah...Love peeps like you

Quote Originally Posted by spatt0120 View Post
    if you are taking suboxone and take an opiate, the opiate cannot attach itself to your opiate receptors. It does NOT cause you to go into withdrawl. THe only time you would go into withdrawl is if you are taking opiates (not on suboxone) and then you don't wait until you are sick to take suboxone. if you are on opiates and take suboxone, the suboxone will push the opiates out of your receptors and cause you to go into withdrawl. So taking opiates while you are on suboxone does NOT cause you to go into withdrawl because the opiate receptors are blocked and the opiate does nothing to you. everyone stop preaching, the person was just asking a simple question.

You go...that's awesome. He did ask a ? not for everyone's opinion. GREAT JOB!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Melinda! Meant to ask you this earlier and promise not to bug you more, but am home working on taxes today 15 days off sub (came off too high to refresh your memory) and am still got the awful chills. My question is "What's happening in my body that keeps me cold, with goose bumps and also have had a slight hand tremor for years but has really gotten bad since came off the subs"? In other words whats going on exactly that gives me the tremors and the chills and they will stop won't they................Certainly hope Robert is feeling better and again my hats off to your work on these post and If I can do anything for you please ask............Rdxx or FREEZ'NNNNNNNNN n Tennessee............
    I was on subs after I had a hysterectomy that they mest up and I can remember I was Hot all the time I mean I would sweat I was so hot. then after I came off of them I was the same way as you...I was freezing just like you so dont feel alone... I guess you could say it is normal, a lot of us get like that...
    it wont last for ever I really dont remember how long it, but it will go away...
    and my guess on the tremors is yout body is going thru a lot of stress just take it day by day and things will get better.. I know it is kind of scary it is just all the unknown...

Default keeping on...........keep on

I was on subs after I had a hysterectomy that they mest up and I can remember I was Hot all the time I mean I would sweat I was so hot. then after I came off of them I was the same way as you...I was freezing just like you so dont feel alone... I guess you could say it is normal, a lot of us get like that...
    it wont last for ever I really dont remember how long it, but it will go away...
    and my guess on the tremors is yout body is going thru a lot of stress just take it day by day and things will get better.. I know it is kind of scary it is just all the unknown...
    Hi Melinda and all--Just a little note to say on my 16th day w/o sub's was still tough. HOWEVER, markedly not as bad. Funny thing, the chills improved but the lack of enery seemed to regress to the level it was days ago. I know this is just part of the ongoing withdrawals and to everyone reading this I came off the sub at too high ot a doseage level as I just could no longer tolerate the adverse reactions of the drug (headache, nausea...etc). If you are reading this wanting to come off the sub, READ THE POST ON HOW TO DO IT TO MINIMIZE THE WITHDRAWALS, namely Robert or Melinda's is MY suggestion. Also don't lay around all the time, make yourself to get out and walk WHEN you have to force yourself just to put one foot in front of the other. Aleve and other OTC meds help with the aches and pains and this being sober feeling is quiet a pleasure. Good luck to all as I am keeping on .........keeping on and feeling BETTER today!!!!!!.........Rdxx

Default 19 days w/o the sub

Today is the 19th day w/o sub. Actually, now I feel pretty good. The chills are pretty much gone, the fatigue is much better and being sober is a high within itself. No more getting angry at the drop of a hat over nothing, no more breaking out in sweats when people around me are comfortable and no more chronic constipation with stools so hard you dread when the time comes. After a year and a half on the sub's (both of em) I came off at 2mg (which is way to high) and suffered for it but I could no longer tolerate the sub headaches and nausea. Personally, I think I traded one addiction (hydracodone) for another,suboxone and subutex, however maybe more socially acceptable and maybe less harmfull than taking 7, 10mg hydro's a day. At this stage I am not even craving the sub's at all but occasionally my mind will wander to how beautiful the Augusta Nat'l golf course looks in hi-def while under the influence of opiates. These posts have been TREMENDOUS help to me so I reach out again to get ideas, encouragement and help w/ the physological pull of the opiate addiction................................thks..... ......Rdxx
    rblake likes this.

rblake is offline New Member

Today is the 19th day w/o sub. Actually, now I feel pretty good. The chills are pretty much gone, the fatigue is much better and being sober is a high within itself. No more getting angry at the drop of a hat over nothing, no more breaking out in sweats when people around me are comfortable and no more chronic constipation with stools so hard you dread when the time comes. After a year and a half on the sub's (both of em) I came off at 2mg (which is way to high) and suffered for it but I could no longer tolerate the sub headaches and nausea. Personally, I think I traded one addiction (hydracodone) for another,suboxone and subutex, however maybe more socially acceptable and maybe less harmfull than taking 7, 10mg hydro's a day. At this stage I am not even craving the sub's at all but occasionally my mind will wander to how beautiful the Augusta Nat'l golf course looks in hi-def while under the influence of opiates. These posts have been TREMENDOUS help to me so I reach out again to get ideas, encouragement and help w/ the physological pull of the opiate addiction................................thks..... ......Rdxx
    I just need to offer encouragement to anyone who has suffered the withdrawal of sub. the doctors offering this as an alternative to opiate addiction should not be doing it as a long term maintenance drug. My wife has been on sub for 6 years and never once has our health care pros suggested she get off. She weaned herself off gradually then went cold turkey . its been hell to see anyone go thru what she has. after two weeks its getting better but still has a hard time with sleeping, cramps, anxiety,. One thing Ive learned is that sub can greatly effect your hormone production, meaning loss of libido in both men or women, weight gain, muscle loss, .quitting the sub should help the hormone levels return to normal. One thing that has helped with getting thru this has been the use of acupuncture. There are many benefits of eastern medicine that our doctors at least dont seem to acnowledge. If anyone needs to be on sub in order to get off opiates of any kind, please be aware of the trade off. Do it for as short as time as posssible or not at all,

Default Day 5 without Suboxone

Last Thursday the 14th, I took my last sliver of Suboxone-about 1 milligram or less. So this is day 5. It has been hell. My head feels like it's in a vice. I can't sleep more than 3 hours and when I do sleep, my body jumps like a fish out of water. I went to see my Doctor and he gave me a patch to wear to lower my blood pressure and stop the adrenaline rushes. Last night, I was up until 6am-not tired at all. I thought the worst was over after the first 3 days. No NO. Yesterday and last night were really rough. Does anyone know if it will get worse-stay the same for a while? and when I do improve, is it a slow process or will I one day wake up feeling fine. I am exhausted...

Thanks

Will

Last Thursday the 14th, I took my last sliver of Suboxone-about 1 milligram or less. So this is day 5. It has been hell. My head feels like it's in a vice. I can't sleep more than 3 hours and when I do sleep, my body jumps like a fish out of water. I went to see my Doctor and he gave me a patch to wear to lower my blood pressure and stop the adrenaline rushes. Last night, I was up until 6am-not tired at all. I thought the worst was over after the first 3 days. No NO. Yesterday and last night were really rough. Does anyone know if it will get worse-stay the same for a while? and when I do improve, is it a slow process or will I one day wake up feeling fine. I am exhausted...

Thanks

Will

Will ..... It sounds small but 1mg is a high dose to jump off cold. Sorry to say but five days isn't going to get it at that dose. I can tell you what I would do if I had been helping you along. I would tell you to take about .25mg right this second and see how you feel. Do you have strips or pills? If you want to listen to me and need help I will work with you and direct you through this pretty painlessly. Jumping off at 1mg you could be sick for weeks, even feel badly for a month.. Let me know if you want my help. I've done this at least a thousand times with others on this forum. I know how to help you. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Will ..... It sounds small but 1mg is a high dose to jump off cold. Sorry to say but five days isn't going to get it at that dose. I can tell you what I would do if I had been helping you along. I would tell you to take about .25mg right this second and see how you feel. Do you have strips or pills? If you want to listen to me and need help I will work with you and direct you through this pretty painlessly. Jumping off at 1mg you could be sick for weeks, even feel badly for a month.. Let me know if you want my help. I've done this at least a thousand times with others on this forum. I know how to help you. God bless.
    I have the Sub pills so it is hard to judge but I'm pretty sure I have been taking less than a milligram for about 2 weeks. I can't stop now. I'm afraid if I take even a small piece, of Sub, the last five days will have been for nothing. I put it in my mind that I will live like this for as long as it takes. I've talked to so many people in passing, and they say there are people who never come off and that scared me. At this point I think the only thing I can do is brace for impact. When I spoke with my primary care physician he explain that when someone goes to jail, they get no drugs. They are left on the floor and forced to go through the pain. I really appreciate your help but two years on Oxycodene and 3 months on Suboxone, I've had enough. I just wouldn't feel right taking Sub again.

Thank you and if you have any ideas, please let me know but I have to do this.

I have the Sub pills so it is hard to judge but I'm pretty sure I have been taking less than a milligram for about 2 weeks. I can't stop now. I'm afraid if I take even a small piece, of Sub, the last five days will have been for nothing. I put it in my mind that I will live like this for as long as it takes. I've talked to so many people in passing, and they say there are people who never come off and that scared me. At this point I think the only thing I can do is brace for impact. When I spoke with my primary care physician he explain that when someone goes to jail, they get no drugs. They are left on the floor and forced to go through the pain. I really appreciate your help but two years on Oxycodene and 3 months on Suboxone, I've had enough. I just wouldn't feel right taking Sub again.

Also, I saw this morning on the news that more people die from prescription drug overdoses than car accidents in 17 state. I further believe that while personal responsibility is a big factor, these Pill Mills must be shut down. They are killing people and ruining lives. I already called my Attorney General and DEA and reported the Pill Mills in my area. We have to stop this before it becomes a bigger problem

The other choice would be use the Thomas Recipe. It's totally natural supplements and has helped lots of people get clean from opiates. It would ease the symptoms for you. Here is the link. Check it out. You can Google the Thomas Recipe and find pages on it. Let me know if I can help. Good luck and God bless.

The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this reading the board, but decided to post it again for those who haven't found it and for all us "newbies". Peace and good luck to all of those here stuggling with addicition.

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE
    If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"
    Last edited by Robert_325; 04-19-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    The other choice would be use the Thomas Recipe. It's totally natural supplements and has helped lots of people get clean from opiates. It would ease the symptoms for you. Here is the link. Check it out. You can Google the Thomas Recipe and find pages on it. Let me know if I can help. Good luck and God bless.

The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this reading the board, but decided to post it again for those who haven't found it and for all us "newbies". Peace and good luck to all of those here stuggling with addicition.

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE
    If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"
    This may sound strange, but a lot of this stuff from valium to bananas to hot bath, I've been doing. The human body knows what it wants...Amazing
    mzmoral likes this.

This may sound strange, but a lot of this stuff from valium to bananas to hot bath, I've been doing. The human body knows what it wants...Amazing
    Day 10 without Suboxone. I still get headaches, but not as severe.
    I still have cramping in legs but usually at the end of the day. I slept 8 hours but only a week ago and last night. I feel so much better when I am active like polishing the car or mowing the grass. Anything is better than just sitting. Bananas seem to help the legs (along with hot baths) and 3 bayer aspirin help the headaches. I will be back to update to let people know that it possible to do it on your own.

toobadgirl is offline New Member

Default Been on since Oct 2010

Hi there, well I want to know-how do you get the right dose beyond a quarter? how do you cut them without it crumbling? and i thought the pill wont work if its in crumbles from that additive in it to stop needle shooting? I am on half a pill a day and wish I had a higher dose but because i got extremely sick on one pill at the very start of my treatment, the doc agreed to use half a pill-i almost wish he said to me shut up and take the whole but i think it was too much at one time. so now i want to take quarters and i did that yesterday and exactly 24hrs after i got the runs. is this typical?

I was working in the yard yesterday so maybe i got something in me and i am drinking a ton of juice. i also had to use one of those glycerin suppositories this mornin cause i felt so constipated.

I want off this stuff. i never did go to meetings because i am afraid if i am around people who used to use that someone will tempt me to pick up so i avoid those people like the plague. not sure if that worked as now i wonder if i should add group meeing to my therephy treatment.

I still wish i was high but its because certain situations make me stress so i took up knitting and reading whenever i get a thought to use. or go out in the yard and dig up weeds...anything to trick my mind. i also have forgotten what my past was like before i started using. is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by toobadgirl View Post
    Hi there, well I want to know-how do you get the right dose beyond a quarter? how do you cut them without it crumbling? and i thought the pill wont work if its in crumbles from that additive in it to stop needle shooting? I am on half a pill a day and wish I had a higher dose but because i got extremely sick on one pill at the very start of my treatment, the doc agreed to use half a pill-i almost wish he said to me shut up and take the whole but i think it was too much at one time. so now i want to take quarters and i did that yesterday and exactly 24hrs after i got the runs. is this typical?

I was working in the yard yesterday so maybe i got something in me and i am drinking a ton of juice. i also had to use one of those glycerin suppositories this mornin cause i felt so constipated.

I want off this stuff. i never did go to meetings because i am afraid if i am around people who used to use that someone will tempt me to pick up so i avoid those people like the plague. not sure if that worked as now i wonder if i should add group meeing to my therephy treatment.

I still wish i was high but its because certain situations make me stress so i took up knitting and reading whenever i get a thought to use. or go out in the yard and dig up weeds...anything to trick my mind. i also have forgotten what my past was like before i started using. is this normal?
    There is no easy way out and it won't be easy, but it's so worth getting your life back. I also had trouble cutting the pills, but when they crumbled I alway took the smallest piece. When you finally stop taking anything, challenge yourself, challenge the pain and you will win. Good Luck-

Thumbs up Going Going Gone

Just thought I'd return and say thanks for the support and information I received on this site. Exactly two weeks to the day I stopped Suboxone and I feel fine. It was a battle I wouldn't wish on anyone. From the headaches to Restless Leg Syndrome and all of the other symptoms, it has been hell. I am now acclimating myself to a new normal of living. No more Oxycodene and no more Suboxone. It can be done. If I did it with my addictive personality, anyone can do it.

Thanks,

Willie

Just thought I'd return and say thanks for the support and information I received on this site. Exactly two weeks to the day I stopped Suboxone and I feel fine. It was a battle I wouldn't wish on anyone. From the headaches to Restless Leg Syndrome and all of the other symptoms, it has been hell. I am now acclimating myself to a new normal of living. No more Oxycodene and no more Suboxone. It can be done. If I did it with my addictive personality, anyone can do it.

Thanks,

Willie

Congratulations Willie! Two weeks is awesome. You are on your way now and I am very proud of you! Pat yourself on the back and do something for yourself that you like with the money you're saving not using anymore! You deserve it. God bless.

alicat05 is offline New Member

I am addict who has been taking suboxone for 5 years (3 years continously since a relapse on methadone) I am also an RN. I read the post written by MiRPh and it was exactly the explaination that I have been searching all over for.

I have taken 2-4mg / day of sub for the past 3 years, as discussed, and 3 weeks ago I stopped altogether. I have been trying to take opiates in place of the subs but still can't feel anything. (Save the preaching if you are to respond, I have done the 12 steps and I'm not doing them again.) I have been researching anything that I can find to explain this phenomonon. Any info I find is based on those individuals who have been on suboxone for only months and states that a few days to a week max and the opiate receptors should no longer be blocked.

I have taken 3-4 Percocet 30mg tabs a day+ 2-3 10 mg methadone tabs for the past few days and I am 23 days off suboxone. I only feel "well" nothing more. This has been an expensive disappointment.

To anyone wondering what the long term effects are for sub users related to opiate blockage- there you go. BTW I am 5'6 and 130 lbs

You've taken subs for a long time. The half life is up to 72 hours but you have to compound that by all the doses you've taken over all that time. It could take you a month easily. God bless.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast