Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 240
Like Tree47Likes
Suboxone - How long does it stay in your system
  1. #121
    TOLLY1942 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I was almost doing the same buying 100mg patches every month from someone she chrged me like 25
    bucks(CHEAP)My mistake was sucking out all the gel then eating 5or6 1mg xanax. they found me passed out in my car once I overdosed 4 times had to stay in the hospital ( they always try to think your gonna commit suicide) wich i would never do I had a great job making tons of money had tons of cash in the bank. now im starting all over again but have been clean for a year.I blame the Drs for giving this stuff out The girl I got them from was getting 40 100 mg pathes,120 30mg oxycodone,60valium I dont even think anythings wrong with her.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-10-2011 at 02:08 PM.

  2. #122
    GTengineer is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawoody View Post
    Suboxone (Buprenorphine) has a half-life on average of 37 hours. So it'll be completely out of your system in about, oh, 24 days.

    30 days @ 8 mg day = 32 mg total in system.

    32 mg/37 hrs=576hrs for .000122 mg in system
    576 hours /24 hrs = 24 days.

    I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
    In this case, you are indeed incorrect. You are not taking into account that the first suboxone he took did not stay unmetabolized in his body for the duration of the thirty days. This math is a lot more complex than you are making it seem to be. Your 32mg total in system is coming from where?

    Regardless of the math, I have been taking suboxone for about 9 months... it seems to me that in order to use an opiate... u have to be completely off the suboxone for more than a couple of days... some people say its generally 24 hours but i really dont believe that to be. You can start feeling the withdrawal systems again but the suboxone will still be in your system. I would say to wait as least two or three days... if you can stand it. the withdrawal off the suboxone is not as intense as off an opiate but it does last longer... mainly just body chills and aches.
    If you did indeed hurt yourself and were prescribed an opiate for pain... i agree with a lot of the members that you should just up your suboxone. It is also used to treat chronic pain. In the course of my recovery, I fractured my neck and was given vicodin... which I did not take... i would rather focus on my recovery than relapse for some lousy vicodin. the suboxone actually did help me with the pain a lot... without the feeling of getting doped up

  3. #123
    pixie81 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Buprenorphine DOES WORK! If you take it RIGHT. You MUST be in withdrawal BEFORE you begin. Also Suboxone is given AFTER all other opioids are out of your system. You begin with Subutex also called Buprenorphine. Suboxone has an added ingredent to deter you from using other opioids, which takes about 4-5 days; some people may begin Suboxone sooner, but it depends on your body. So...wait at least until you are having symptoms: sweating, pains shooting down arms/legs, stomach upset, etc..Then take 2mg (Buprenorphine), see how you feel. In 4-6 hours (or less depending on your level of withdrawl) take another 2mg and work up to 8mg or higher within the next day or two.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-11-2011 at 03:50 PM.

  4. #124
    newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Wrong. Suboxone has nalaxone in it. The only purpose it has is to deter you from shooting or snorting the sub. Itt is the bupe itself that deters you from taking other opiates by blocking the brain receptors that opiates go to. You need to be in moderate to severe w/d before starting suboxone or subutex. If your doctor starts you with subutex, there is no reason to switch to suboxone, unless you're an IV drug user. Also, advising that people go to 8 mgs. or MORE is bad advice. Most people can and should induct on 8 mgs. or LESS.....

  5. #125
    zydon57 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default suboxone and pain meds

    In my experience using opiates while on Subs. or methadone does help with pain and i would highly recommend taking them for your fractured ankle if the pain is unbearable. The only thing that will not happen is you will not get that euphoric high that got you in the position that got you on the subs to begin with. The halflife for subs is 72 hrs.

    Good luck!

  6. #126
    tina70744 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Cool subs

    Quote Originally Posted by htown190 View Post
    I've been taking 8mg/day of Suboxone for a month now. This morning I fractured my ankle and was given lortab for pain. I know if I take the lortab now it wouldnt help with the pain. About how long does it take for Suboxone to leave the body so I can take the lortab for pain relief. Thanks.
    about 4 days

  7. #127
    tina70744 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tina70744 View Post
    about 4 days
    im on subs to im guessing 4 days never tryied
    im faithful to my subs

  8. #128
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    There is no way to say accurately how many days it will take for opiates to work while taking subs. Where are you all getting all this information from?

    Tell the dr about the subs and they can give you a nerve block injection or several things that will help with the pain. There is NO predetermined set amount of time where subs stop working to block opiates. That's the fact. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  9. #129
    maimihype80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Question does sub help u wean down from opiates?

    hello,

    ive been on a very low oxi dose of about 120mg a day for about 6-7 months and recently decided to get off ive studied up some of the info given on these forums and took a week off work to prepare properly,i had a couple of xnax 2 mg bars and i think 2 klodines first 3 days where not that bad considering the diareah on the forth day a friend came over to pick up a fridge from my house and gave me what apeared to a half inch strip of sub i cut into 3 pieces i took the first piece and started to feel normal agian i thought it was over but on the third day i started feeling symtums of what apeared to b w/d seems like every third day im taking a very small piece of the film which was only about a half inch if that i took the last piece mayb 30hrs ago any advise as to what i should expect 2marrow any info will help thanks..

  10. #130
    Gator202 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I hope someone can answer this question somewhat accurately (and hopefully in a reassuring way ) in the next couple of days. I never take ANY of this stuff...

    ...but my friend had Subutex with him when we went out one night (on March 3rd). I got an extremely important and amazing job offer on the 8th and I have to take a drug test by the 18th. I took the tiniest bit. He broke me off a little piece... according to him it was probably about 2mg. I ate it and got so violently sick I couldn't even go out that night. I vomited until the morning. That is all I've ever taken.

    The lab is doing a 10 panel test where they are checking for methadone, but there is no mention of buprenophrine or subutex or anything. So, I know I'm being paranoid, but can subutex show up as methadone? And is this enough time for that small amount to be out of my system? I am a very active runner, I am thin, I have a pretty high metabolism, and drink a ton of water every day.

    Thanks!

  11. #131
    hyposic is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    search about drugs drugs inetraction and drugs food interaction........?
    and we donn't miss the therabuitic window ......

  12. #132
    kmoran22 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Gator, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you haven't taken anything since the 3rd, and you only took a small amount one time - the amount in your system by the 18th will be almost undetectable, assuming they even test for it. Most employment tests don't test for Buprenorphine anyway (the only ingredient in Subutex). I definitely wouldn't risk anything by taking it again just in case they do test for it, but you don't have to worry about the small amount you took on the 3rd. Good luck with the job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator202 View Post
    I hope someone can answer this question somewhat accurately (and hopefully in a reassuring way ) in the next couple of days. I never take ANY of this stuff...

    ...but my friend had Subutex with him when we went out one night (on March 3rd). I got an extremely important and amazing job offer on the 8th and I have to take a drug test by the 18th. I took the tiniest bit. He broke me off a little piece... according to him it was probably about 2mg. I ate it and got so violently sick I couldn't even go out that night. I vomited until the morning. That is all I've ever taken.

    The lab is doing a 10 panel test where they are checking for methadone, but there is no mention of buprenophrine or subutex or anything. So, I know I'm being paranoid, but can subutex show up as methadone? And is this enough time for that small amount to be out of my system? I am a very active runner, I am thin, I have a pretty high metabolism, and drink a ton of water every day.

    Thanks!

  13. #133
    kmoran22 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Lawgirl - That is great that you've sought help for your addiction and are determined to end your dependency on opiates! I agree with you that you do not necessarily need to be on the Sub for the extended period your doctors have recommended, especially with the attitude you have about getting off of everything once and for all. My Dr.'s also wanted me to do an extended course of Sub, but I decided to taper myself off at a much quicker pace and I'm glad I did. Sub is a very strong drug, and even though it's much better than the alternative, it's foolish to think that the dependence isn't just as strong or to assume that it doesn't have side effects. Even though you feel 'normal' when you are on it, when you get off you realize that you were still in a foggy state of consciousness and that many of your actions/reactions and motivation level in particular were blunted during your time on Sub. I also felt like my sensual perception was blunted, everything from noticing the beautiful fall leaves changes, to the smell of coffee in the morning, to my love of my partner and my sexual drive felt like a black and white version of what I experienced once I was off. I thought I was living, but I was really just stopping the pain --and blocking the pleasure in the process. I'm not advocating that everyone get off of Sub, I'm just not a fan of Dr.'s prolonging the time we're on it when the patient has the motivation to get off, and their attitude that there are no side effects from this wonder drug is concerning.

    To answer some of your specific questions- first, you have nailed the problem when you said you are continuing this behavior of quelling a craving by popping a pill. Although I understand your motivation for not taking a pill everyday and instead waiting until you have a craving is based on your aspiration to get off the Sub sooner, you need to find a way to lower your dose AND change that behavior of going to the pill when you feel that you need it (whether you are stopping a withdrawal symptom, or a 'craving'). I did this by reducing the dosage they gave me dramatically to start with, but stayed on a once a day dose of this smaller amount to break the habit of listening to my body/mind tell me when to take a pill. I lowered the amount from my initial dose of 8mg/day to about 2.5 (I would take 1/3 of an an 8mg pill daily). Surprising, I felt little discomfort at this level.

    Remember, Sub has a half life of 36 hours - meaning a quarter of that pill is still in your system 3 days after you take it! You mentioned that you can sometimes go several days without needing to take a pill. That is a good indication of what DAILY dose you could reduce down to start without experiencing withdrawals. For instance, if you take an 8mg pill and can go 72 hours before feeling any symptoms of withdrawal, than you know that your withdrawal threshold is about 2 mg. If this is the case, I would start a daily dose of 2.5-3mgs to start. This should allow you to stay relatively comfortable, but start the process of titrating off the Sub. Given the short amount of time (relatively) that you've been taking the Sub, I think you can start lowering your dose every 4-6 days. (this is longer the longer you've been on it). Your body will begin adjusting to the lower dose, and you should experience minimal withdrawals each time you reduce your dose. I usually recommend that doses be reduced by half each time you go down for doses above 8mgs., by a third between 4 and 8mgs, and by a quarter below 4 mgs. Assuming you set your first dose to 1/3 of an 8 mg pill (2.66 mgs), I would reduce it again in 4-6 days by a quarter, which conveniently equals exactly 2mgs, it's best at this point to switch to the 2mg pills if you can since these will be easier to split for the lower doses. Next, go down by a quarter again in 4-6 days, to 1.5mgs. Next would be 1.125, for this dose I would just break a 2 in half and take the larger side. When you get below 1, just keep it even by reducing to .75, then .5, then .25. Most people can go off after 4-5 days at .25 without minimal withdrawals. If you still have problems at this point, then this the time you can start 'listening to your body' and taking a sliver ONLY if you have trouble sleeping, experience intolerable anxiety or have any other physical withdrawal symptoms such as runny nose/dilated pupils that others would notice, etc. I specifically leave out 'cravings' because at some point you have to stand up to those and only sheer will power will get you through that. That being said, many people keep a sub on hand even after they are off of it altogether 'just in case'. They would rather turn to the Sub then back to the destructive drug of their choice. While I completely agree that Sub is preferable, I personally just can't have one laying around...I am an addict after all. If it's there, I will EVENTUALLY take it. What I have learned, is that I don't need the sub to be right there in my medicine cabinet, it simply needs to be more easily accessible to me than the oxy (my d.o.c.). For example, I'll have a friend or my boyfriend keep them on hand, with the specific instructions to give it to me any time I ask, but only a 1/4 of a pill, this person should be someone you trust, doesn't judge you, and who has NO addiction themselves. Others just have an agreement with their doctor that they can call or (even email in my doctors case) and they will make a prescription available to you, no questions asked. Of course my doctor has to really trust me to make this available, but given that I titrated myself off of the Sub faster than they recommended, led them to trust my judgement and my motivation to get off. I told them if I called them for my 'backup' sub, that meant I was thinking about finding oxy somewhere, somehow, and that I had chosen to take a Sub instead. They understand, and I have the peace of mind that I won't go back to my d.o.c. if I have a craving, yet the Sub isn't just sitting in my cabinet, there is still that one little barrier between me and that pill. It will still take a phone call, or a somewhat shameful (for me) request from my boyfriend. The important thing is that it's still easier than getting my other drug. I hope this helps and the taper method I've recommended is clear. I know it seems like a long time to taper, but if you don't want to experience prolonged withdrawals, it's best to start tapering at a slow pace right away.

    I'm glad you are at the point you are and your attitude about this is great. You are right that there are many professionals on Sub and on these boards, and I'm sure many of us would like to discuss the specific challenges we face, unfortunately many in the medical profession don't even dare post on these forums. Remember that everyone is at different stages of recovery...sometimes the posts on here may seem ridiculous, or counter productive, but keep in mind that everyone deals with addiction and recovery different, and as ridiculous as the behavior or post may seem to you or I, the alternative for them is probably worse. For example, that person who posted about 'snorting only 2 mgs of Sub today', may have been shooting up 2 mgs of >>>>>> yesterday. Progress is progress. I can't be critical of that, because I've never been in their situation. I have no idea how hard it must be to get off of >>>>>>, etc.

    Please keep us updated on your progress. It's definitely possible to get off Sub quicker than the doctors recommend, and stay off for good. I'm proof of that with over 4 years without a single pill or call for my 'backup'

  14. #134
    Willie_V is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default Suboxone withdrawal.

    I was on 50mg of Oxycodene for about 2 years. I went from weight lifting to Running and then Cycling and finally Oxycodene turned me into a vegetable. As the saying goes, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I went to the same pill-mill that prescribed the Oxy and demanded to be taken off. The Doc said I should be done after about 2 months of Suboxone. He started me with 2 Suboxone, one 8mg in the morning and another 8mg at night. After the first week, I dropped the morning dose to 4mg and 8mg at night. From that time, I dropped 2mg a week for about 2 to 2 and 1/2 months. I stayed on 2mg Sub for 2 weeks-1 extra week for insurance. Then I just stopped altogether. The second day everything hit the fan and the 3rd day I couldn't take it. I had all Flu-like symptoms, headache, sneezing, and real jittery. Also No sleep at all. Toss and turned all night. I try to sleep using xanax, didn't work-Valium-didn't work-Ambient-didn't work-All of them at the same time-didn't work. I took another 2 mg of Suboxone and I was back to normal. I slept 11 hours and felt like doing things again but I knew I had to stop the Suboxone. I just started taking Lunesta. I felt a little tossing and turning but went back to sleep with no problem. Felt very drowsy the next day but at least I slept. Tonight, will be day 3 and I will try Lunesta again. If it works, I will try to push it to 4 days without Soboxone. If not I have a back-up Doctors appointment in 2 weeks. He got me into this mess and I will hold him accountable to get me out. I let the everyone who works in the pill mill that I am pissed. I have a lot of will power but as long as I am try to quit the Suboxone, I have NO life.

  15. #135
    Rdxx66 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default The Chills

    Got a question for anyone that has successfully come off of sub. How long before the chills or goose bumps go away? Stopped taking 2-3mg's of sub on 3/07and today is the 18th. Has been awful but I have stuck it out and will continue. Have also had all the other ailments of withdrawal, restless legs, no energy and only about 5 hours of xanax induced sleep. Am beginning to think the chills and goose bumps will never end. Also, would appreciate Robert's input on this.........................thanks, I can't get warm and its 80 degrees

  16. #136
    tiredmamma-4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default need serious answer...Robert 325?

    hey this is my first time ever coming to this link..i need an answer without judgement please...i have been addicted to opiates for over ten years starting with hydrocodone then it progressed to shooting ocs roxys k4 k8 morphine,etc...about ten months ago i switched to methadone (not prescribed) thinking a week or so and i would quit altogether...well once an addict always an addict i guess...2 months into it i find out im pregnant but where i was living i couldnt find subs on the street and didnt have money for a doc..i moved back to my home state found suboxone (still not prescribed) and have been taking 8 to 12 mg daily for the past 3 months...well now im less than a week away from delivery my doc has no idea i take suboxone since they dont show up in drug tests and theres a stronge possibility i will have to have a csection...i have a big healthy baby in me but im a small person without any body fat and a very high metabolism...so heres what i need to know..how long will it take before the suboxone is out of my system? if it was a regular delivery i wouldnt worry near as much ive already had three children two completely natural i can handle pain, but not csection pain..i dont want to get high i never want to take that road again..but seriously, i need an answer and a good one..please help if you can and very soon...::

  17. #137
    tiredmamma-4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I think you will be okay..ive been taking 8 to 12 mg for a few months and get drug tested regularly and nothing has shown up...also its one of those things that build up and if you only took it once it probably wouldn't show up at all. My husband has taken drug tests for work after taking suboxone and he's never had a problem. I believe, but dont know for sure, that it only shows up in blood and has to be specifically tested for.Good luck with your new job.

  18. #138
    Rdxx66 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Wink C-Section on Subox?

    Quote Originally Posted by tiredmamma-4 View Post
    hey this is my first time ever coming to this link..i need an answer without judgement please...i have been addicted to opiates for over ten years starting with hydrocodone then it progressed to shooting ocs roxys k4 k8 morphine,etc...about ten months ago i switched to methadone (not prescribed) thinking a week or so and i would quit altogether...well once an addict always an addict i guess...2 months into it i find out im pregnant but where i was living i couldnt find subs on the street and didnt have money for a doc..i moved back to my home state found suboxone (still not prescribed) and have been taking 8 to 12 mg daily for the past 3 months...well now im less than a week away from delivery my doc has no idea i take suboxone since they dont show up in drug tests and theres a stronge possibility i will have to have a csection...i have a big healthy baby in me but im a small person without any body fat and a very high metabolism...so heres what i need to know..how long will it take before the suboxone is out of my system? if it was a regular delivery i wouldnt worry near as much ive already had three children two completely natural i can handle pain, but not csection pain..i dont want to get high i never want to take that road again..but seriously, i need an answer and a good one..please help if you can and very soon...::
    While checking to see if Robert 325 had answered my question about the chills; I saw your post about the c-section. I texted my spouse who is a Nurse Practitioner for 15yrs and a RN for 6 before that and she was very concerned about your situation! She says you NEED tell your anesthesiologist before the c-section as just too many very serious things could happen. Also their is a very old post on here maybe 3-5 yrs back from an anesthesiologist who address the concern's of anesthesia while on subox. Sure hope this helps you and remember doctor/patient confidentiality will protect you. Lastly, hopefullly Robert 325 will give you some input on this and answer my chills post. Good Luck but tell em and be SAFE.......................Rdxx

  19. #139
    Willie_V is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default Stuck in a 3 day loop

    Never made it to sleep. I tried Lunesta on day 3 and still couldn't fall asleep. I took 2mg of Suboxone at 3:14 in the morning and slept like a baby. No answers yet. It's always on that third day of no suboxone that kicks my ass. I will try again for the 3rd time, in two more days.

  20. #140
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdxx66 View Post
    Got a question for anyone that has successfully come off of sub. How long before the chills or goose bumps go away? Stopped taking 2-3mg's of sub on 3/07and today is the 18th. Has been awful but I have stuck it out and will continue. Have also had all the other ailments of withdrawal, restless legs, no energy and only about 5 hours of xanax induced sleep. Am beginning to think the chills and goose bumps will never end. Also, would appreciate Robert's input on this.........................thanks, I can't get warm and its 80 degrees
    Hi Rdxx
    Im Roberts wife, Im sorry he has not been feeling well so I will try to answer you with his input... 2 to 3 mg is really high to jump off at so you have done really well with what you have to work with... your going to get better but it could take a couple more weeks before you start to feel normal again...
    do you have any m ore subs to taper with or do you just want to be done ?
    let me know and I will try to help
    talk soon, Melinda

  21. #141
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie_V View Post
    Never made it to sleep. I tried Lunesta on day 3 and still couldn't fall asleep. I took 2mg of Suboxone at 3:14 in the morning and slept like a baby. No answers yet. It's always on that third day of no suboxone that kicks my ass. I will try again for the 3rd time, in two more days.
    Willie did you say you still have some subs ?? it would sure be a lot easer on you if you tapered down a little lower before you jumped off..
    let us know..
    Melinda

  22. #142
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiredmamma-4 View Post
    hey this is my first time ever coming to this link..i need an answer without judgment please...i have been addicted to opiates for over ten years starting with hydrocodone then it progressed to shooting ocs roxys k4 k8 morphine,etc...about ten months ago i switched to methadone (not prescribed) thinking a week or so and i would quit altogether...well once an addict always an addict i guess...2 months into it i find out im pregnant but where i was living i couldnt find subs on the street and didnt have money for a doc..i moved back to my home state found suboxone (still not prescribed) and have been taking 8 to 12 mg daily for the past 3 months...well now im less than a week away from delivery my doc has no idea i take suboxone since they dont show up in drug tests and theres a stronge possibility i will have to have a csection...i have a big healthy baby in me but im a small person without any body fat and a very high metabolism...so heres what i need to know..how long will it take before the suboxone is out of my system? if it was a regular delivery i wouldnt worry near as much ive already had three children two completely natural i can handle pain, but not csection pain..i dont want to get high i never want to take that road again..but seriously, i need an answer and a good one..please help if you can and very soon...::
    Hi Tiredmama
    I would never judge you, but I am a bit scared for you...there are a lot of what if's you need to worry about..Robert told me to tell you that they could be cutting you open and they wont be able to put you out..plus if you need pain meds the subs will block them..sweetie your really in a bad spot I wish I could help you more, but you really need to talk with your doctor about this....
    please keep us posted on how you are doing..
    Melinda

    one more thing Robert wanted me to tell ya was that the baby will be born with a dependency on the subs and the doctors need to know that so they can help... please don't think I'm judging you I just want to help..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-19-2011 at 09:27 PM.

  23. #143
    Willie_V is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Willie did you say you still have some subs ?? it would sure be a lot easer on you if you tapered down a little lower before you jumped off..
    let us know..
    Melinda
    Yes, Melinda, I have 8 more and another prescription for 30. When I stopped the last 2 mg, all hell breaks loose. I get little to no sleep. So you think I should go to 1 mg? and for how long.

    Thank you

    Willie

  24. #144
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie_V View Post
    Yes, Melinda, I have 8 more and another prescription for 30. When I stopped the last 2 mg, all hell breaks loose. I get little to no sleep. So you think I should go to 1 mg? and for how long.

    Thank you

    Willie
    yes I would go to 1 mg for 4 to 5 days and then drop 25%.. most people go down to 1/2 mg before they jump.. some even go lower...
    let us know how you doing
    Melinda

  25. #145
    Rdxx66 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default The Chills

    Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Rdxx
    Im Roberts wife, Im sorry he has not been feeling well so I will try to answer you with his input... 2 to 3 mg is really high to jump off at so you have done really well with what you have to work with... your going to get better but it could take a couple more weeks before you start to feel normal again...
    do you have any m ore subs to taper with or do you just want to be done ?
    let me know and I will try to help
    talk soon, Melinda
    Melinda, thanks so much for your reply! It has now been 2 wks and I just want to be done w/sub. I have plenty of sub left and yes I knew I was jumping off high but I could no longer tolerate the headaches and nausea and yes it has been tough, real real tough, BUT it ain't military basic training tough and people get thru that all the time. I have real good support with a nurse pract. spouse who has went back and read your and Robert's post & to say the least is very impressed and thankful and both you and her very concerned about the lady on sub about to give birth. (Read my post to her). So my last question is when and how should i dispose of the subutex and suboxone.............thanks again........... Rdxx

  26. #146
    Alana0707 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default Scared to death right Now

    I was pescribed suboxone about 2 yrs. ago & have been taking 2mg. a day since then. I am really scared now because my Doctor #1...should have never put me on it in the first place & #2 is one of those doctors who say i might have to take it for the rest of my life & doesn't seem to be concerned whatsoever about me coming off of it!! I have heard horror stories and now after finding this website am so scared i can't stop crying. My 20 year old son is in Treatment for opiates at this time & will be home in 3 weeks. I was hoping to be off the suboxone (by myself) by the time he get's home. i gave him 2mg. of suboxone as well to help him before he went into treatment ( SO HAPPY he only took it for a very short period of time) So now ME...it sound's like Robert & Melinda are extremely educated with weaning off this horrible drug that i am now addicted too & not only want but NEED to get off ASAP. So it sound's like i need to start by cutting the pills into 8 - 1 mg. peices? Also another question....i am very depressed also due to son & my councelor (who knows nothing about suboxone) said i need to quit cold turkey asap & get on Lexipro...can you take an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant while weaning off suboxone?all your advise is greatly appreciated

  27. #147
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdxx66 View Post
    Melinda, thanks so much for your reply! It has now been 2 wks and I just want to be done w/sub. I have plenty of sub left and yes I knew I was jumping off high but I could no longer tolerate the headaches and nausea and yes it has been tough, real real tough, BUT it ain't military basic training tough and people get thru that all the time. I have real good support with a nurse pract. spouse who has went back and read your and Robert's post & to say the least is very impressed and thankful and both you and her very concerned about the lady on sub about to give birth. (Read my post to her). So my last question is when and how should i dispose of the subutex and suboxone.............thanks again........... Rdxx
    Hi Rdxx
    If I were you i would just hang on to the subs for a couple more weeks, I know your done with it and dont want to take it, but just in case I would put it up in a safe place. how are you feeling today ?

  28. #148
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alana0707 View Post
    I was pescribed suboxone about 2 yrs. ago & have been taking 2mg. a day since then. I am really scared now because my Doctor #1...should have never put me on it in the first place & #2 is one of those doctors who say i might have to take it for the rest of my life & doesn't seem to be concerned whatsoever about me coming off of it!! I have heard horror stories and now after finding this website am so scared i can't stop crying. My 20 year old son is in Treatment for opiates at this time & will be home in 3 weeks. I was hoping to be off the suboxone (by myself) by the time he get's home. i gave him 2mg. of suboxone as well to help him before he went into treatment ( SO HAPPY he only took it for a very short period of time) So now ME...it sound's like Robert & Melinda are extremely educated with weaning off this horrible drug that i am now addicted too & not only want but NEED to get off ASAP. So it sound's like i need to start by cutting the pills into 8 - 1 mg. peices? Also another question....i am very depressed also due to son & my councelor (who knows nothing about suboxone) said i need to quit cold turkey asap & get on Lexipro...can you take an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant while weaning off suboxone?all your advise is greatly appreciated
    Hi Alana
    you will be ok...well get you tapered off the subs, Robert is the expert on this matter so I'm going to have him talk to you...
    but you only want to drop 25% every 4 or 5 days...
    please don't be scared well fix ya up
    talk soon, Melinda

  29. #149
    Alana0707 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    [QUOTE=melinda7.5;314038]Hi Alana
    you will be ok...well get you tapered off the subs, Robert is the expert on this matter so I'm going to have him talk to you...
    but you only want to drop 25% every 4 or 5 days...
    please don't be scared well fix ya up
    talk soon, Melinda[/QUOTE

    Thankyou so much for getting back to me so quickly I found Roberts link as i was reading through all the other quotes & just printed it out & going to read through it to educated myself. Right now i have the 8 mg. pills & they kinda fall apart when i split them. My prescription is for the 8 mg. pills & i've been breaking them into quarters & i beleive i have around 15 or 20 left. I dont have insurance & really cant afford to go back to Dr. for the 2 mg. pills & was hoping to just use up the big ones...any suggestions on how to split them down to eighths.25mg? I will look forward to hearing from Robert & doing alot of praying & looking forward to be FREE from taking opiates ever again!

  30. #150
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    [QUOTE=Alana0707;314045]
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Alana
    you will be ok...well get you tapered off the subs, Robert is the expert on this matter so I'm going to have him talk to you...
    but you only want to drop 25% every 4 or 5 days...
    please don't be scared well fix ya up
    talk soon, Melinda[/QUOTE

    Thankyou so much for getting back to me so quickly I found Roberts link as i was reading through all the other quotes & just printed it out & going to read through it to educated myself. Right now i have the 8 mg. pills & they kinda fall apart when i split them. My prescription is for the 8 mg. pills & i've been breaking them into quarters & i beleive i have around 15 or 20 left. I dont have insurance & really cant afford to go back to Dr. for the 2 mg. pills & was hoping to just use up the big ones...any suggestions on how to split them down to eighths.25mg? I will look forward to hearing from Robert & doing alot of praying & looking forward to be FREE from taking opiates ever again!



    I will help you if you will follow the link for sub therapy to the letter. You do that and shoot straight with me and I can help you. I have nothing to gain by doing anything but shooting totally straight with you. Let me know if you are comitted to to really doind this. I only ask you to do what I ask of you.

    Here s the link. Let me know how I can help you. I'm here for you if you will just be naive enough to do what I ask.Lots of people have been successful over the years who followed this to the letter. God bless.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22