Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Suboxone - How long does it stay in your system
    JustMyThoughts954 is offline New Member

I know its hard for people to get valuable knowledge from these sites b/c so much conflicting info. I think the problem is too many ppl go by what they hear from ppl or their Drs. and that info is false. Why? most people dont realize that suboxone is very new to the US and studied very little. Almost everything my doctor told me about buprenophine was not true, but i wont get into that. All i will say is through MY OWN EXPERIENCE what has happened to me.

I was at the methadone clinic for about 4 months, i was promised by that Dr that he would help me. All that happened was my tolerance skyrocketed to about 3 times what it was, i was addicted to a far more powerful drug than i ever was b4, and the withdrawals were the most god awful thing ive ever experienced and they last FOREVER. I would rather shoot dope in my arms than take that god forsaken drug.

So i found a doctor that my insurance covered that was certified to prescribe suboxone. I waited 5 days after taking my last methadone dose and i was starting to have withdrawals, took my suboxone and within an hour i was burning alive in hell, it thru me into instant full blown withdrawals. After about 3 days of agony i dared to take another and this time about thirty minutes in i instantly felt better. For the next 6 months i took 16 mgs a day and was fine. Then i stumbled across some extra money and decided to do some OC and see what happened. I took about 160 mgs a day for a week and didnt feel anything. One night i think i took close to 320 mgs jus to see if i could get high and i did not. So i continued this pattern til about 2 wks in i started to feel as little as 80 mgs and 3-4 days after that the suboxone was out of my system and i was able to get high, but soon after i was out of money and started right bak on subs. So i continued on that for the next year, i was down to 2mgs at one point and i could take 2mgs, 16mgs, or 20mgs it didnt matter to me one bit they all gave me the same affect. I had been told by many ppl that less is more and i would agree that 4mgs would give me a buzz while 16 would not, but off the 16 i could go 2-3 days w/out another dose while off 2mgs i would have to take daily.

Long story short i was at 2 mgs for a while and my doctor told me i could come right off and it all was in my head. So i went 3 days and i was having pretty bad withdrawals worse than lortabs close to as bad a OC but no where near Methadone, but i couldnt take it and ended up bak at 8 mgs a day. I then hit a rocky patch and was doing cocaine and xanax daily so i decided to go to detox, i hadnt taken my sub in 2 days and told them i wanted to get off it too. The withdrawals were far less severe and came on much more gradually from 8mgs than 2mgs and i was in very little pain for the week i was there. So ive been clean for 3 wks now and i guess looking bak suboxone was slightly helpful but it is no miracle drug. I would never recommend some1 to b on methadone, unless they jus want a cheaper way to get high. It set me back in my recovery about a year.

So my point in sharing my story is simply beware if u r thinking about going on to opiate management because it is very tricky and alot of ppl get in over their head due to doctors trying to retire early. Maybe they really do believe in the drug they are prescribing, thats not my call to make but in my experience they have been overeducated on how the drugs work and undereducated on how they effect ppl in reality.
    willow9210 likes this.

katiegrrl is offline New Member

Default trying to get high...

i have been on suboxone off and on for two months. my last prescription was stolen, leaving me withouth them for ten days. on monday i got a script of 45 8 mg tabs and have been taking them for the past four days. I am getting some roxycodone 30 mg 2morrow and want to know if i will feel them

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl View Post
    i have been on suboxone off and on for two months. my last prescription was stolen, leaving me withouth them for ten days. on monday i got a script of 45 8 mg tabs and have been taking them for the past four days. I am getting some roxycodone 30 mg 2morrow and want to know if i will feel them
    This forum does not give advice on how to get high.It is against the policies of the forum.There are plenty of other websites that will give you the info.

sub0x0ne is offline New Member

Default Suboxone & Taking Opiates

Alright - I wasn't going to post here, but I have been on Suboxone for well over two years and I didn't notice anyone who posted who has been on it longer then I have. So, I'm in my 20's -- was majorly addicted to opiates since I was a teenager, started off with vikes, left off with Fentanyl patches, Oxys, anything I could get my hands on.

I finally hit rock bottom. Got tired of getting ripped off hundreds of bucks for a few lousy Oxy's and got tired of chasing that first high that I would never experience again. I can truthfully say that after I started taking Suboxone I just had no need to do opiates anymore. I was so thankful that my back and legs didn't hurt and it helped the psychological cravings too. Now, 2+ years later I came to this site because someone dropped 3 little blue pills into my hands tonight. 15mg Oxycodones. I'm not going to lie, my mouth is watering just thinking about that feeling. So I came here to see how long Suboxone stayed in your system and if I should even bother taking them tonight.

I was somewhat dissapointed to find out that because I have been prescribed Suboxone for such a long time, that it is in my fat cells, it's blocking my opoid receptors and it could take WEEKS to be out of my system. But, meh, I would not trade Suboxone for anything. I'm prescribed 10 2mg's a day and have been since I started (actually they use to be 8mg's but the 2's were smaller and easier to snort as I can't bare the taste) and I've weaned myself down to sometimes one 2mg a day, sometimes a couple to a few 2mg's a day.

I really have no point. Other then the need to say that my bestfriend died from Methadone and I've seen the effects of it. The methadone clinics are privately ran, ask anyone, they will continue to UP your dose till you're at insane amounts, they do not try and taper you down, they will convince you that you need more, and you can die. It's just like being on >>>>>> or oxys, you get high. Suboxone is NOTHING like Methadone. I mean, you could get high on suboxone, but for someone who just wants to live a normal life without chasing drugs or wasting money or being in constant physical pain, it's the best alternative. I take the very bare minimum that I need. I use to have bad back pain, and I know for a fact suboxone helps with that. I'm just glad I have it.

As far as these 3 little blue pills, I'll always miss that feeling -- but I immediately remind myself of the repercussions and withdrawal symptoms, all the bad people and bad things that happened to me physically when I was involved in that stuff. Its not really worth it to me. I admit I felt a little cheated when I realized how damn hard they made it to get high with or while on Suboxone, but I guess in the end you can only have one. I guess it's a choice of which one you want. For me, now that I think about it, that's an easy question.

Killah is offline New Member

Unhappy The nerve of some people....

I have read this thread from beginning to end and the amount of people who posted on this talking about taking Sub for a few days and then going out on a drug binge is absolutely disgusting. I have been on Suboxone for 15 months. I did a stint in rehab for 6 weeks from using Percocet and becoming addicted. After I got out of rehab I relapsed pretty much the second I got out the door. I searched and searched in my area for a doctor that prescribed Suboxone. Most of them said that they didnt take health insurance and only accepted cash (which Im pretty sure is against the law). I finally found one who was pretty close by and would actually talk to me because as we know the doctors can only see a certain number of patients at a time, this place didnt even have any openings - i was 342 on the list!!!! but I kept calling and calling and went there and spoke several time with the Director of the office and liked me and knew I needed help badly (I have 2 young children) and put me at the top of the list. It took about a month before I was able to start on a Suboxone maintenance plan but it was well worth all of the hard work, patience, and dedication. Suboxone HAS saved my life because I know that if I didnt get on it I would still be using now and would have lost EVERYTHING.

It is NOT easy to get Suboxone specifically because of people like YOU who posted on here about getting Sub and then using and going back and getting more and pretty much just taking advantage of what it has to offer. You are not serious about your recovery and people like you all is what makes it hard for the people who really need it and REALLY want to get sober to get it. It shames me.

I just think it sucks that people are out there taking advantage of the system and gettin Suboxone and pretty much just throwing it down the toilet when there are SOOO many people out there who need it so badly to SAVE THEIR LIVES and cant get it because people out there abusing it ruined the possibility for them...

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Killah View Post
    I have read this thread from beginning to end and the amount of people who posted on this talking about taking Sub for a few days and then going out on a drug binge is absolutely disgusting. I have been on Suboxone for 15 months. I did a stint in rehab for 6 weeks from using Percocet and becoming addicted. After I got out of rehab I relapsed pretty much the second I got out the door. I searched and searched in my area for a doctor that prescribed Suboxone. Most of them said that they didnt take health insurance and only accepted cash (which Im pretty sure is against the law). I finally found one who was pretty close by and would actually talk to me because as we know the doctors can only see a certain number of patients at a time, this place didnt even have any openings - i was 342 on the list!!!! but I kept calling and calling and went there and spoke several time with the Director of the office and liked me and knew I needed help badly (I have 2 young children) and put me at the top of the list. It took about a month before I was able to start on a Suboxone maintenance plan but it was well worth all of the hard work, patience, and dedication. Suboxone HAS saved my life because I know that if I didnt get on it I would still be using now and would have lost EVERYTHING.

It is NOT easy to get Suboxone specifically because of people like YOU who posted on here about getting Sub and then using and going back and getting more and pretty much just taking advantage of what it has to offer. You are not serious about your recovery and people like you all is what makes it hard for the people who really need it and REALLY want to get sober to get it. It shames me.

I just think it sucks that people are out there taking advantage of the system and gettin Suboxone and pretty much just throwing it down the toilet when there are SOOO many people out there who need it so badly to SAVE THEIR LIVES and cant get it because people out there abusing it ruined the possibility for them...

I agree with you. This is life and death stuff and it should be regarded as such. Just a comment here ... you've been doing this a pretty long time now. You really should think about a taper down and off after all this time. Let me know if I can help. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

sub0x0ne is offline New Member

Default How Funny

I think it's funny because yet somehow you too came across this posting. I'm sure after being on Suboxone for 15 months you were just doing some "Research", right?

Wink You DON'T know me....

Quote Originally Posted by sub0x0ne View Post
    I think it's funny because yet somehow you too came across this posting. I'm sure after being on Suboxone for 15 months you were just doing some "Research", right?

I'm guessing that what you are trying to say is that after 15 months of treatment I am on this thread b/c Im trying to find out how long I have to go without Sub before I can use again?!!! Y in the hell would I do that after all this time???!!!!!! GROW UP!!

Dont be mad Sub0x0ne because I called all of yall out on your sh*t. I have done a lot of research on Suboxone and come to this site on a daily basis just to read stories, gain knowledge, and have comfort that I am not the only person in this world struggling with addiction. I happen to read ALL threads in regards to Suboxone. Last night I was on a thread labled "Suboxone Withdrawal" and I am not in Suboxone withdrawal right now...so WHATS YOUR POINT?????

I KNOW how hard it is to live with this disease. I know that most people will relapse and get back up and try again..... sometimes that is a part of a persons recovery process. Sh*t, I relapsed and got back up and found Suboxone. I have a problem with people who KNOW that they are not ready to stop using and are only using Sub so that they wont go into W/D while they are chasing their next high. I have an issue with people who take "drug vacations" after being on Suboxone and spend 2 weeks high out of their minds and then jump back on it. I believe that Sub is for people who are SERIOUS about getting sober and staying that way. If you happen to fall down once or twice in the process...ok, it happens but people are on here glorifying their "sometimes" drug use and their Sub use and asking for advice on what to do to be able to get high again.

And - if you have fequented this site at all you know that a lot of threads start on one topic and jump around in topics between all of the different people posting.

Yes, I have been on Suboxone for 15 months and Im PROUD to say that. I am looking to taper off soon, the last year has been very difficult for me and Sub has kept me "safe" b/c I feel that with the amount of ******** and lows I've had to deal with over the past year there is a possibility that on one of my WORST days I might have slipped up and ended up back on pills, trying to numb the pain I was in emotionally. So, Sub0x0ne if you have a question - ask me, but dont you DARE sit up here and accuse or try to JUDGE me, because you DONT know.

Robert_325 - I have seen TONS of your posts and you are very knowledgable about Sub and tapering. I am interested in starting my taper process, any advice would be great! thank you

Default Killah

I will be happy to help you taper. I'm glad you realize it's getting time to do that as 15 months will make the taper last a little longer for you. That is still better than relapsing though.

I normally suggest a 25% taper off your daily dose every four days. I would suggest you do that in the beginning but as your dose gets smaller you should taper in weekly increments rather than four day increments. It does get more difficult as the doses get smaller.

You won't be the first person I've done this with who's used subs for an extended period of time. The main difference in you and someone like me who did this in two months is at the very small doses we will have to really take our time on this. But if you will do exactly as I suggest I can get you through this with very little discomfort. It will be close to being an incident free taper. Let me know when you're ready to begin. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I will be happy to help you taper. I'm glad you realize it's getting time to do that as 15 months will make the taper last a little longer for you. That is still better than relapsing though.

I normally suggest a 25% taper off your daily dose every four days. I would suggest you do that in the beginning but as your dose gets smaller you should taper in weekly increments rather than four day increments. It does get more difficult as the doses get smaller.

You won't be the first person I've done this with who's used subs for an extended period of time. The main difference in you and someone like me who did this in two months is at the very small doses we will have to really take our time on this. But if you will do exactly as I suggest I can get you through this with very little discomfort. It will be close to being an incident free taper. Let me know when you're ready to begin. God bless.

I knew it was time a while ago. Just to give you a little background info I had a baby in Nov of 2008, so I found out I was prego last April which was about 6 months into my treatment - the pregnancy was unplanned. So at the time I did as much research as I could about preganacy and Suboxone treatment, I didnt find too much and nothing really helped. I talked to my Sub doc about it and he told me he had patients who have continued treatment during pregnancy, that its best to do that b/c it is not good to taper off during pregnancy b/c the baby would go thru w/d and if it had to happen to the baby at all it is better outside the womb. He said that his patients babys didnt have any problems when they were born. So I continued. My baby is perfect. He was born a lil early but it didnt have anything to do with the Sub. He didnt experience any w/d symptoms once he was born at all which is great because a lot do.

So...if I didnt get prego I'm sure I would have already started tapering and may have been off by now. A lot has gone on in my life since my baby has been born and things have been stressful so I've kind of been putting it off. LIke I said, Sub makes me feel "safe" but I feel confident in knowing that in no way shape or form am I going back to the life I lead when I was using.. it was such a dark time and I will never forget the hopelessness and despair I felt when I was at bottom.

Thank you for your help and I will let you know exactly when I want to begin. I am a little nervous, hoping its not that bad, I HATE being uncomfortable in ANY way, Im a wimp lol. Thank you for your support.

It's been proven time and again that if a lady gets pregnant and they are on either subs or methadone it's best for both the mother and baby if the mother remains on the medication until after the delivery. That is a fact. Going through w/d has caused LOTS of miscarriages. You did the right thing. I'm happy for you that your baby is perfect. God bless.

eddie_s is offline New Member

I've never posted anywhere before, but I have a similar question. First, a little about my problem. I was heavily abusing opiates for about 10 years. About 2 years ago, I went on Suboxone. I've been taking 16 mgs daily ever since. About 3 months ago, my shoulders started hurting, and it's getting worse and worse. I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, frozen shoulder, and arthritis. Cortizone didn't help the pain. My doctor said I will not get effective pain relief on Suboxone, and gave me 2 alternatives. I could go on Methadone Maintenance or a pain clinic. She recommended the Methadone program and even discussed it with my psychiatrist, who agreed. Her reasoning was it's not smart to start taking home bottles of pain pills, and I can't live my life in this kind of pain. I went to orientation, and am supposed to go to intake in about a week and a half.

When should I stop? The Methadone clinic told me 1 day before going is fine, but they also admitted they're not familiar enough with switching from Suboxone to Methadone. If I want to feel pain relief as soon as possible, when would be the time to stop? I understand that the best thing for my addiction is to not take any of it, but that's not my reality at the moment. My goal is to go on Methadone, get through this problem, then go back on Suboxone and start a slow taper. I thought this was best because of the hell I hear getting off Methadone is. I guess another question is, does that sound like a smart plan? I just figured, the less time on a full agonist the better. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

No way I would go on Methadone for the surgery and then switch back to suboxone. If you're going to do this get off the subs, start on oxycodone through the surgery. The switch back to subs will be easier than using methadone plus when you switch back I can get you on the right dose of sub when you're re-inducted if you work with me. NO WAY that I would consider doing this as you're being told to do. I disagree totally, I think they are WRONG. God bless.

eddie_s is offline New Member

Robert_325,

Thanks for the reply. Using Methadone is bad because of the jumping from Methadone to Suboxone? I mean, from everything I read, and what you seem to validate, is that it really is the nightmare drug for withdrawal. I've also read quite a bit that Methadone isn't good for pain at a maintenance dose, and they would have to pump me with so much pain meds at the hospital to be effective, that some doctors are reluctant to do it. Is that your understanding, as well? I'm really scared about this, now. I'm seeing my dr. tomorrow, and I'm going to ask her to refer me to the pain clinic. I just hope she wasn't pushing the Methadone program because she never intended to refer me to the pain clinic. But that could just be my paranoia at work. Thank you for the offer to help me get off the Suboxone, and when it's time, I would like to take you up on it. It doesn't seem like my drs. are in any rush to take me off it, except to get me on Methadone.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_s View Post
    Robert_325,

Thanks for the reply. Using Methadone is bad because of the jumping from Methadone to Suboxone? I mean, from everything I read, and what you seem to validate, is that it really is the nightmare drug for withdrawal. I've also read quite a bit that Methadone isn't good for pain at a maintenance dose, and they would have to pump me with so much pain meds at the hospital to be effective, that some doctors are reluctant to do it. Is that your understanding, as well? I'm really scared about this, now. I'm seeing my dr. tomorrow, and I'm going to ask her to refer me to the pain clinic. I just hope she wasn't pushing the Methadone program because she never intended to refer me to the pain clinic. But that could just be my paranoia at work. Thank you for the offer to help me get off the Suboxone, and when it's time, I would like to take you up on it. It doesn't seem like my drs. are in any rush to take me off it, except to get me on Methadone.

If you go on methadone for as long as three months the jump back to subs will be MUCH more difficult than with a fast acting opiate like oxycodone or hydrocodone. W/D from methadone sucks worse than any opiate in my opinion. You've got to go like three days minimum with NO methadone before re-inducting with the subs. With oxycodone it would be only 16 to maybe 24 hours. Plus if you're on more than 30mg of methadone you have to taper down to less than 30mg before you can even switch back. I think the advice to go that route is stupid.

Methadone is a great pain medication for someone who needs it for life and isn't going to EVER be worrying about w/d. You can add small doses of oxycodone with it for severe breakthrough pain and the combination works well. But that is for people who are taking it for life for something chronic and very severe. That doesn't sound like you to me at all.

I would not recommend a fast-acting opiate unless you were going to be getting off them just like you plan to do. I hate that you have to stop the subs and even switch to a percocet or plain oxycodone. But with you planning to make the switch back to sub at a smarter dose than what you've done in the past doing what I've suggested makes perfect sense. I can't imagine that a dr who understands both methadone and buprenorphine (the opiate in subs) would argue with what I've told you. God bless.

ewheezy is offline New Member

I'm guessing that what you are trying to say is that after 15 months of treatment I am on this thread b/c Im trying to find out how long I have to go without Sub before I can use again?!!! Y in the hell would I do that after all this time???!!!!!! GROW UP!!

Dont be mad Sub0x0ne because I called all of yall out on your sh*t. I have done a lot of research on Suboxone and come to this site on a daily basis just to read stories, gain knowledge, and have comfort that I am not the only person in this world struggling with addiction. I happen to read ALL threads in regards to Suboxone. Last night I was on a thread labled "Suboxone Withdrawal" and I am not in Suboxone withdrawal right now...so WHATS YOUR POINT?????

I KNOW how hard it is to live with this disease. I know that most people will relapse and get back up and try again..... sometimes that is a part of a persons recovery process. Sh*t, I relapsed and got back up and found Suboxone. I have a problem with people who KNOW that they are not ready to stop using and are only using Sub so that they wont go into W/D while they are chasing their next high. I have an issue with people who take "drug vacations" after being on Suboxone and spend 2 weeks high out of their minds and then jump back on it. I believe that Sub is for people who are SERIOUS about getting sober and staying that way. If you happen to fall down once or twice in the process...ok, it happens but people are on here glorifying their "sometimes" drug use and their Sub use and asking for advice on what to do to be able to get high again.

And - if you have fequented this site at all you know that a lot of threads start on one topic and jump around in topics between all of the different people posting.

Yes, I have been on Suboxone for 15 months and Im PROUD to say that. I am looking to taper off soon, the last year has been very difficult for me and Sub has kept me "safe" b/c I feel that with the amount of ******** and lows I've had to deal with over the past year there is a possibility that on one of my WORST days I might have slipped up and ended up back on pills, trying to numb the pain I was in emotionally. So, Sub0x0ne if you have a question - ask me, but dont you DARE sit up here and accuse or try to JUDGE me, because you DONT know.

Robert_325 - I have seen TONS of your posts and you are very knowledgable about Sub and tapering. I am interested in starting my taper process, any advice would be great! thank you
    It is different for everyone, how can all you people be on meds and not know everything about them?? Taper 2mgs a week, 4mgs a week, 1mg a week. Everyone is different. I was on 32mg now I'm on 24mg. It all depends on where you are and why you are even on them. I shoot >>>>>> and have for a long time and still relapse...so I stay on them because I need to be on something. I have a problem. Do what you feel is right not what someone else suggests. Recovery is about what you think about yourself and what you need, not the advice of someone who thinks they have all the answers. No one has all the answers. Otherwise they would not be on this site or on meds to begin with

ewheezy is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ewheezy View Post
    It is different for everyone, how can all you people be on meds and not know everything about them?? Taper 2mgs a week, 4mgs a week, 1mg a week. Everyone is different. I was on 32mg now I'm on 24mg. It all depends on where you are and why you are even on them. I shoot >>>>>> and have for a long time and still relapse...so I stay on them because I need to be on something. I have a problem. Do what you feel is right not what someone else suggests. Recovery is about what you think about yourself and what you need, not the advice of someone who thinks they have all the answers. No one has all the answers. Otherwise they would not be on this site or on meds to begin with
    Also to fall back into pills...I mean pills are the easiest thing in the world to stop doing. They are garbage. They are weak compared to >>>>>>. When you have spent 10 years with a needle in your arm and shot everything you can get your hands on and almost died numerous times pills are nothing. Subs are a tool. Nothing more. They are a tool to help people succeed. You have to want that success though. It is very hard. I have been on subs for 2 years...I need them more for the blocker than anything. I don't even notice them or what they do anymore. They keep me from shooting dope though and that is the whole point. I still want to shoot dope...I used to do pills when I started out but they stop working then you are left with >>>>>>....that's it. Nothing gets you higher. It's a sickness and many people cannot beat it. Don't ever pick up a needle and think about what you want from recovery and how bad of an addict you are and go from there...

Quote Originally Posted by ewheezy View Post

I'm not on any freakin meds and don't do this for anyone's approval. If you want to do that to yourself so be it. But don't tell me what I know or what I don't know. You know nothing about me wheezy.

nansta is offline New Member

Default suboxone withdrawal

i was on suboxone for 2 years...it got me sane, and i didnt use or drink but i also isolated myself from any recovery community during this time... when i tapered down to 2 mg for the last two months i was ok, but 5 days after i took my last 2mg i went into severe withdrawal...because i had no support, i relapsed...i was terrified of using/drinking again so i went into treatment...thank god i had insurance...i would highly recommend suboxone for any addict who has tried treatment and continues to relapse...it did help me tremendously, but i really needed to be in recovery at aa/na too...the withdrawal is horrible no matter how you taper, so be prepared...i would recommend a medical detox at the end of your suboxone treatment...if you have no insurance, get on a waiting list somewhere when you begin the taper...its just too hard to do it alone...i understand how scary this is and i really encourage you to discuss this medical detox with your suboxone doctor...some docs only care about the cash, so be picky about who you see...reach out and ask for help...it doesnt have to end in a relapse, but it most likely will if you go it alone...god bless

Quote Originally Posted by nansta View Post
    i was on suboxone for 2 years...it got me sane, and i didnt use or drink but i also isolated myself from any recovery community during this time... when i tapered down to 2 mg for the last two months i was ok, but 5 days after i took my last 2mg i went into severe withdrawal...because i had no support, i relapsed...i was terrified of using/drinking again so i went into treatment...thank god i had insurance...i would highly recommend suboxone for any addict who has tried treatment and continues to relapse...it did help me tremendously, but i really needed to be in recovery at aa/na too...the withdrawal is horrible no matter how you taper, so be prepared...i would recommend a medical detox at the end of your suboxone treatment...if you have no insurance, get on a waiting list somewhere when you begin the taper...its just too hard to do it alone...i understand how scary this is and i really encourage you to discuss this medical detox with your suboxone doctor...some docs only care about the cash, so be picky about who you see...reach out and ask for help...it doesnt have to end in a relapse, but it most likely will if you go it alone...god bless

Sorry you had a tough time at the end but the reason that happened is that you jumped off at 2mg. That is entirely too high a dose to stop at.

People coming off subs need to titrate down to .5mg at least (that's 1/2 not five) and then begin a process of skipping days that is outlined in numerous threads across this forum. There doesn't have to be anything painful about ending sub usage. It simply needs to be done properly.

While some people may very well require a medical detox to be successful with subs that is the exception rather than the norm. There are lots of people on this forum who finish their sub therapy and walk away in the end clean and with NO problems whatsoever. You just happened to end it the wrong way. God bless.

JustinMP3 is offline New Member

Talking Hey

I dont understand why you guys are on suboxone for months? I can Kick a 1 week Herion addiction with 3 of them, Why are you guys continuing taking them.....

shes2spooky is offline New Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by OutbackJack View Post
    I hated Sub..I love methadone its my wonderdrug
    I have been on methodone for several years. It has helped me with the addiction I have with opiates (and not sure how it worked but it has even helped me with my alcoholism) but now ...i am having trouble with even it since my tolerance has increased. I have chronic pain from more than one disablity and I am exhausted in trying to find help from a DR. for the pain, and at the same time...a DR. that will understand and treat the addiction as well.
    I have been reading alot on the suboxone and read it had first started as a medication for pain (overseas) and in the states now is being used for opiate addiction. I wondered if anyone here could give me the patients opinion of it. I also wondered if someone might tell me if I would possibly be a good candidate for it. I realize you are not physicans but I do apprecite the patients opinions.Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by shes2spooky View Post
    I have been on methodone for several years. It has helped me with the addiction I have with opiates (and not sure how it worked but it has even helped me with my alcoholism) but now ...i am having trouble with even it since my tolerance has increased. I have chronic pain from more than one disablity and I am exhausted in trying to find help from a DR. for the pain, and at the same time...a DR. that will understand and treat the addiction as well.
    I have been reading alot on the suboxone and read it had first started as a medication for pain (overseas) and in the states now is being used for opiate addiction. I wondered if anyone here could give me the patients opinion of it. I also wondered if someone might tell me if I would possibly be a good candidate for it. I realize you are not physicans but I do apprecite the patients opinions.Thanks alot

Buprenorphine is a decent pain medication at very low doses. But if you're having severe chronic pain it's really not the best choice. Methadone is better than suboxone would be in my opinion for pain control. You probably just need to have the methadone dose adjusted. Good luck and God bless.

LUNAR77 is offline New Member

Have to say this is my first post on this site. I have been using oxycotin for about 3 months now. I started out with vicodin about a year and half ago. Worked my way up to percocet and then started taking Oxycotin. I only was taking about 40 mg a day. But it is very expensive and I was spending about $800 a month. Thats half of my monthly income. One of my friends that I work with. Had also been dealing with his own addiction with oxy and told me about suboxen. He told me that he took a full pill (8mg) and he had not felt this good since before he began taking opiates. So I decided to buy one. I had not taken any oxy for about 3 days. But I had been having the usual with drawls. Fatigue, body aches, restlessness, and irritability. So I decided to buy one. It was the 8mg dose. I only took a quarter of it. I let it dissolve under my tongue and within minutes I felt it kick in. Immediately I felt better. Much more relaxed and a lot less irritable feeling. This pill costs me about $25. It is basically equivalent to about 160 mg of oxy. A 80 mg pill of oxy runs about $55-60 bucks on the street. So obviously it is a lot cheaper. But hopefully it can eventually help me kick my habit. I probably am not nearly as addicted as some of you on here. NO OFFENSE! But I obviously had some sort of an addiction otherwise I would not have been craving the opiate. Thanks for letting me share my experience with all of you. Wish you all the best of luck in your recoveries.

skishh is offline New Member

are you a f*ckin idiot? its people like you that abuse their suboxone treatment and unnecessarily take it for 15 months? it should be taken until your withdrawals are gone and then you taper off. you are useing it so that it is physically impossible for you to get high, how does that make you any better than the people you are pointing fingers at, you are no better than them, who are you to decide who gets prescribed what?

oh no percocet addiction? what are you 15? leave the suboxone for the real addict

STAproductions206 is offline New Member

Default massive withdrawl?

I know theres alot of talk about mixing suboxone with other opiates, figured >> add in my experience.

I have been an opiate addict for some time now...already been through the treatment thing but unfortunately relapsed. I was never prescribed suboxone but always got one or 2 from a friend for a rainy day. Just this past week, after about a month straight of smoking OC, i ran out of money and decided to use the subs. Now, there is alot of talk that, if you take suboxone while opiates are still in your system, you will go into this MASSIVE withdrawl and want to die...well i took about 2mg of suboxone (all it really takes in my opinion) only 12 hours after my last use. My withdrawl symptoms were gone after about 15 minutes (with the quick dissolve tablet) and at no point did it make things worse. If i would have read this forum before taking the subs i probably would have waited a day or two to take them, but im glad i didnt...because it worked. Im sure this will not be the same for everyone but hope this helps.

You were just lucky. That is the exception rather than the norm bottom line. God bless.

Dopee is offline New Member

I have been on suboxone for approx 3 mos now...I decided to taper myself off until I relapsed.....I visited the Dr for another script the other day. I am prescribed 3/ 8mg subs per day...last night I took 2 around 9 pm. My dilemma is that my boyfriend wants to get high one last time. My question is if I would be able to feel the effects if I do decide to get high this afternoon. My understanding is that opiates are only blocked when taken the proper dose of subs. Please, this is my 1st time posting on this forum and I know that many of you have been in the same position. Thanks

outtamiami is offline New Member

Default Torn rotator cuffs

I want to address eddie-s the suboxer with torn rotator cuffs
    please i hope you find this,,i am so sorry that i am new to internet
    and cant seem to connect direct to you at this point so i will post this ..torn rotator cuffs is the worst pain there is i am 60 yrs old,was on 120,240 mlg.methadone all thru 70s was on 2 clinics at same time,,what nitemare!! Had to shoot big hitlers crystals to make it to both clinics on time ,and still used perssian white !!! What alife ??i am sooooo grateful for subox
    back to torn rotator cuffs ,, even 100 plus norco would not touch the pain ,could not sleep ,could not raise arms only god could help and did,, i started eating only raw food ,,especially green smoothys,,i will give anyone the recipe,, in fact in last 2 yrs i have seen many many people drop big big wieght ,and cured of fibomialgia hep c in fact i was on liver transplant list myself
    03/04 and suffering from acute pancreatitus,,in terrible pain.
    No amounts of narcotics would touch,,,,god sent me a friend?? A raw food guy,, sprouts & all,this guy was genius and he
    taught me large green smoothys ,, kale ,collard greens, grape fruits oranges limes ,raw ginger honey ,spiralina,bananas,,
    blended every morn min of1 qt or dont even bother really ,today
    liver dont hurt, pancreas dont hurt,,i have dropped 30 lbs ,,start looking at raw food sites ,,anyone posts/contacts me
    i will find site for chiropracter that turned me on to real specific easy exercises to be done after you down qt of green smoothy i am old old junky from haight ashburry,mex, l.a miami,
    and very grateful to be alive,also have been going to mtgs
    since 1992 good luck ,,stay wit subox,esaier softer way
    be paitent as i cant find spellcheck yet,,,,may our father continue
    to keep us in grace can i post my email add on here or ph ###

katwashere2 is offline New Member

Post "We" are not you, and you are not "us"

Quote Originally Posted by JustinMP3 View Post
    I dont understand why you guys are on suboxone for months? I can Kick a 1 week Herion addiction with 3 of them, Why are you guys continuing taking them.....
    I am new to this site; however, I do know a little regarding drugs and their physical, as well as psychological effects they can have on a person. Everyone is different... mentally and physically, and suboxone not only makes withdrawl easier, but they also assist with the craving, making it possible for the person to abstain. That's the point, right? To get sober and never touch the shi* again? Some people need to be on it longer than others depending on their mental state, what support they may or may not have, their strength and many other factors. There are people who do abuse it and have no desire to stay clean; however, there are those who really want to stop; however, need the assistance of suboxone and need it until they feel they have their addiction under their control instead of the addiction controlling them. And if it takes one person 2 weeks and another one year, then so be it.... sobriety is the goal. Just a thought....
    If you haven't loved...you have not lived...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast