Schedule 2 pharmacy procedure
    redhead118 is offline New Member

Default Schedule 2 pharmacy procedure

Hi I'm wondering what the pharmacy procedure is on a written script for percocet? Do they confirm with physician every time?

inhalexxhale is offline Banned

Just warning: bad idea to drop anything on this forum if you're looking for advice to start using. A lot of the people here are trying to quit.

So I get my Vyvanse filled at Wallgreens. The first couple of times, they waited on a reply from my Doc. I'm thinking that means that legal procedure for schedule II is to confirm the perscription every time.
    The last few times I've gone in with prescriptions, they've fililed it on the spot. I know that the pharmacist doesn't know me by face... so it's also possible that the computer keeps track of previous consumption.

So.. from my experience, yes for the first fill. It's free beyond that hurdle.

northerngirl is offline New Member

Default Stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by redhead118 View Post
    Hi I'm wondering what the pharmacy procedure is on a written script for percocet? Do they confirm with physician every time?
    Don't even think about altering a Rx. They DO check with doctors everytime! There is so much pain killer abuse now that they are on their toes to catch everyone! Don't do it!!! Way too many problems WHEN you are caught! Minimum of $600.00 fine, 300 hours community service, minimum of 6 months probation and it will be on your record FOREVER!!! You will never get a decent job and it is a horrible thing to carry around the rest of your life! I am not scolding, I want to help you!

ryenamanda is offline New Member

they are suppose to send the scripts for schedule II (which percocets would be classified under) back to the MD that wrote the script, so pretty much unless the mess up or forget to send it which would get them in a lot of trouble

zfennel is offline New Member

dr's can post date schedule 2's now,personally i love it.'
    this keeps me from having to go back to the doc every month.
    thanks dea

CPhT-Robert is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryenamanda View Post
    they are suppose to send the scripts for schedule II (which percocets would be classified under) back to the MD that wrote the script, so pretty much unless the mess up or forget to send it which would get them in a lot of trouble
    And you gathered that from where? who?

A Pharmacist *does not* have to verify every CII prescription.. If the Pharmacist suspects a >>>>, forgery, or a fraudulent Rx then they will investigate it.

If you have a Rx from an OUT-OF-TOWN Doctor, then be smart, drop if off while that office is still open so the Pharmacist can verify it.. we see *ALOT* of possible fakes come in for CII's and we are always cautious about it when the person drops it off late on a Friday night.. or if they are shaking and looking around suspiciously..

JoeMag is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPhT-Robert View Post
    And you gathered that from where? who?

A Pharmacist *does not* have to verify every CII prescription.. If the Pharmacist suspects a >>>>, forgery, or a fraudulent Rx then they will investigate it.

If you have a Rx from an OUT-OF-TOWN Doctor, then be smart, drop if off while that office is still open so the Pharmacist can verify it.. we see *ALOT* of possible fakes come in for CII's and we are always cautious about it when the person drops it off late on a Friday night.. or if they are shaking and looking around suspiciously..
    I wanna agree with what this guy said.....

First off ive never heard of the scripts going back to the doctor, Howeverrrrrr as of i think it was september of 08, each script on the pad is now marked with a serial number, soooo im sure if you alter a script, you might not get caught now, however when the DEA later sees that the same serial number was used twice, once for levaquin and another time for Oxycontin, im quite sure the DEA will question the doctor, and the pharmacy and then your doneeeee forrrrrr...

but like he said.... a pharmacist doesnt HAVE to verify all C2s unless he has a reason to.... Alot of places do though either everytime, or on the patients first visit just to be safe... Usually its the chain pharmacys that verify all the time..... Mom and Pop places are more lienient...... Ive been going to a M&P place for about 5 months now..... first getting roxy 30s then OC 40s and finally up to OC80s and they have never verified one of my scripts... of course i was very open and friendly to the pharmacists where we developed a friendship/relationship with each other, but other then that, hes never verified a single script, and im SURE that if he did.. then saw me come back net month, im suree he wouldnt do it after that... Now a place like Walgreens for example, you can go in there with a prescription like vicodin 5mg ( a RX that wont even get a baby high) they would be verifying it all the time...

In conclusion, im not discussing ways to alter or write up >>>> scripts, however if thats what your intention is, BE CAREFUL... thats all im saying....
    In no way do i condone it or am i suggesting people to do.... It is a VERY easy thing to do and nowhere near as hard to do as most people will tell you... its actually very simple if your smart about it... and thats a BIG IF.. bc theres MANY ways around having a pharmacist verify your prescription BUTTT IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW BUTTTTTT in the event that you do get caught, its not worth the consequences... Someone talked about the offenses above and they sound right.... A friend of mine got caught altering scripts because he made a STUPIDDDD mistake... Soo they charged him with writing fraudulent scripts.. and obtaining RX drugs by fraud........ Then a week later his girlfriend got caught because of a STUPID mistake (Keep in mind she is a 24 yr olld beautifullll brunette. so im sure as well the pharmacist remembered her face at least.......anyways she went to the M&P pharmacy one month for oxy fortys... The guy filled it up but scared the ******** outta her to the point where she walked out of the place crying.... buttt the place did fill it though 1 month goes by and she wrote it up for roxy 30s this time and asked her bf my friend to drive her to the same pharmacy.. THE SAME PHARMACY!! WHY?!!?!?!?!? anywaysss.. she went in there all cool hoping there was a different pharmacist in... and there was a diff guy there soo she handed him the script... little did she know, the guy was only the pharmacy assistant and he gave the script rightttt to the guy who filled it last time..... her hear sunk...now the only difference in the script was that she used a different name..... The guy asked her for >> so she told him that she doesnt have it,, told her to hold on for 5 mins.. called the cops and then said to her... here hun, its filled up.. it costs 120 dollars... she handed him the money and then undercover detectives came in and arrested her....... And get this... she told them all that her boyfriend got her the scripts from his job that he works at.... he works at labcorps drawing blood for people... that place files all peoples bloodwork prescriptions and does nothing with them.. eventually they go in the shredder and thrown out.. soo she told the cops that my friend took them from work everyday and they would use a special reagent to take the ink off and rewrite the new prescription....... soo check this out..... my friends still in his car waiting for his girl...... a detective knocked on his window and asked him a few questions./... my friend said that he was there so his gf could fill up her script... they asked hgim what it was.. my friend said he didnt know.. he was just doing her a favor and driving her...... The cop said thathis girl told him everything and if he dont tell him the truth, hes going to jail........ Sooo to top his first charges he got from this town, the enxt town over now gave her the same charges he got the first time, and NOWWWW they charged him with Conspiracy to purchase prescription drugs by fraud and they seized his brand new corvette for good.(well hes fighting to get it back)............

Soo for something stupid, im worried to know whats gonna happen to this kid.... Honestly hes never been arrested befoire, so for the first offenses that he got for obtaining drugs by fraud, i would have no problem thinking that hes just gonna get PTI and if hes good, hell be clean after that, considering he has a good lawyer, BUTTT after the second offense, i think their gonna look at it big... its like... this kid commits a federal chrime .. maybe he learned his lesson.. then a week later hes involved in the same thinggg.. im kinda worried for this kid.... ughh and not to mention she told them EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG.. she told them the wholeeee story on how he gets the scripts, what they do to go in the pharmacys.. basically everythingg.... and my friend told the cop somehting VERY STUPID..... instead of something like hes a drug addict and thats why he did it, NOPE, he told them that he had alot of bills and was real stressed out money wise and he did this just top catch up.. BADD MOVEE... now hes admitting that he sells drugs.... ohhhhhh mannnn........... and get this people..... I called the pharmacy pretending to be the doctors assistant JUST to find out what happened.. like why they thought it was bad and why they took it to the police (because when im out to look for an answer, im VERY persistant and MUST know until i find out...) but the pharmacist told me this,,, "honestly man shes been here last month and i remembered her... how can i forget that gorgeous face of hers, but i remember her name being differtent soo i gave her the option to show me her license, but she didnt even have that. Soo come on. different name ont he script and she dont even hyave a license??? how does she expect to fill up a C2 script without an >>.. is this girl braindead???? Soooo i called the cops so they can get to the bottom of this.... If this girl woulda just used her same name, i woulda definately filled it for her, even if it was >>>>.. she was fine last time, soo if shes ever gonna get caught, let the DEA catch her by the serial numbers mismatching, im not paid nearly enough to investigate all this stuff, but this girl was STUPIDDD"

and thats my story.....Im not condoning anyone to alter scripts or whatnot, however pharmacists dont alwaysss verify scripts andd if people are trying to alter scripts then there are many precautions that one can take, and im not explaining any of that to anyone... im not gonna influence people to commit in illegal activity....... And in the end of my friends story, the detective eventually called my friends job and told them the story and the doctor wants to sue labcorps.. my friend got fired from that place and is now on unemployment... and i feel bad for him because im sure he'll never work in the medical field again.... if it wasnt for this dumb btch of a GF, my friend would be fine right now.... he woulda had a slap on the wrist... I know good things always come to an end, but this diodnt have to end this way.. This girl ruined his life.. I hate people that get in trouble and feel the need to throw everyone else under the bus... Shes money and pill hungry from the start always looking for pills to sell and do, soo what happens to you ARE a consequences.. if your too much a t-w-a-t to take the consequences, DONT DO IT... ughhhhh.me him and her all had an agreement that we would take our own punishments if we got in trouble....... and to think this girl went to rehab after all this for 30 days and coems home and now shes sitll calling my friend up on the phone and stuff.. ughh if thyat were my girl and she came back to my house, i think i would be in jail for murder... i would sooo beat the hell outta HERR...

READ THE NEXT POST FOR THE CONTINUATION.... ORIGINAL THREAD WAS TOO LONG TO POST

but thats my story guyssss,, i deeply apoligize for typing out a novel here.. its just that this happened VERY recently and i wnated to share the story.,........ And to think... he got caught first for a stupid reason.. he draws blood for a living and met a pharmacist that comes in as a customer.. hes been there for months and always goes to my friend.. soo my friend though that he was a chill guy and made friends with him. soo in short, he asked the pharmacist ways to do this right and not get caught and asked him for any tricks that he can use to do this right....... after that day, the guy never came back to labcorps (clue number 1).. and then he goes to a local cvs... however they filled it up...... he then gets pulled over a week later and the cop asked him if he knew anything about rx drugs.. friend said no.. and the cop showed him his own scrpt under his name that he filled up at cvs...... and get this.. the pharmacy did fill it..... i dont think he got caught by the pharmacy... only because... they wouldnt verify the script AFTERR its been filled... they would do it right beforehand... Because by doing it afetrwards, the pharmacy just gave away a whole script becvause they did their job backwards....... it just dont make sense to check afer the fill it.... i think the guy who came to his work, called the cops in this town.. and the cops searched from pharmacy to pharmacy with his name.. got it.. and popped him.. then she got caught the next week later, and threw him under the bus.. soo their bothhh now in trouble.... Me.... i was the person who used my real name ,always had my >>, i never went to a place more then once a month and no earlier. etc etc etc etc etc, and luckily good things always come to an end, but in my case, it ended on a positive note .. he dont work there nomore, so i cant get nomroe scripts to fix and write... Had this never happened, would i still be doing this now??? I wont even lie, probablyyyy.. and then eventually something bad woulda happened to me.. but nope... god gave me a second chance and told me to stopp doing what im doing or ill end up like them.. and i took that advice... i now work a legit job woth a great salary.. do i regreit what i did???absolutely... i learned my lesson as welll.... its not soemthing hard to do, however the slightest error can put you right in jail and its not worth it!

THE END...

CPhT-Robert is offline Junior Member

To be honest with you; Mom and Pop (Independent) Pharmacies are much more lenient on fraudulent prescriptions.. They mostly care about the bottom dollar.. I know of a M&P Pharmacy (not locally, but about an hour away) that carries *EVERY* brand of Lortab -- and fills the prescriptions with no questions asked.. Why? because they charge almost 4:1 for the prescriptions (IE: if it was $15.00 @ Wal-mart, It's now $60.00 at the M&P Pharmacy)

Retail chains are more strict on the process it takes for Control Medications.. because they are watched closer by the FDA / DEA.. The DEA knows that it could give Wal-mart a hefty fine for fraudulent prescriptions - versus the M&P could just close up shop -- Wal-mart isn't going anywhere..

Druggies are STUPID in general... We can tell when you forge a script or modify a script.. I just caught someone recently for having a LEGIT NURSE call in a script for TUSSIONEX (the equivalent to 12 hour Lortab 10) for them... That nurse was calling in Rx's on the side.. and after 2 months, we caught onto it.. We'll catch it, sooner or later.. There is a reason why Pharmacist go to school for 6-8 years.. and why *most* technicians are certified..

Quote Originally Posted by CPhT-Robert View Post
    To be honest with you; Mom and Pop (Independent) Pharmacies are much more lenient on fraudulent prescriptions.. They mostly care about the bottom dollar.. I know of a M&P Pharmacy (not locally, but about an hour away) that carries *EVERY* brand of Lortab -- and fills the prescriptions with no questions asked.. Why? because they charge almost 4:1 for the prescriptions (IE: if it was $15.00 @ Wal-mart, It's now $60.00 at the M&P Pharmacy)

Retail chains are more strict on the process it takes for Control Medications.. because they are watched closer by the FDA / DEA.. The DEA knows that it could give Wal-mart a hefty fine for fraudulent prescriptions - versus the M&P could just close up shop -- Wal-mart isn't going anywhere..

Druggies are STUPID in general... We can tell when you forge a script or modify a script.. I just caught someone recently for having a LEGIT NURSE call in a script for TUSSIONEX (the equivalent to 12 hour Lortab 10) for them... That nurse was calling in Rx's on the side.. and after 2 months, we caught onto it.. We'll catch it, sooner or later.. There is a reason why Pharmacist go to school for 6-8 years.. and why *most* technicians are certified..
    Now if this was a legit nurse calling it it, what gave off a problem as to it being BS??? Im sorry to sound nosey here. but when someone is getting arrested or in trouble for something, im always real urious as to what the person did wrong... ive been like that since i was a little kid.. like if the call is coming from an actual doctors office, why would you wanna go any further???

Anyways, i never really noticed what you said about pricing tho... If anything, i wanna say that the M&P places are much cheaper then the chain places....... My OC prescription at CVS costs 1289.99 dollars..... i filled this up tuesday at a M& P place.. (the one i been going to for 5 months now and i established a friendship sorta thing with the pharmacist) and i walked out the door spending 1121.00 dollars... but i kinda noticed that everything at the M&P places here are significantly cheaper...

Also, this coming from a pharmacist, i never had the luxury of being able to ask a pharmacy in detailed questions (without giving up the fact that i have bogus scripts), anyways, how can you truely tell if its forged?? Especially if its written 100 percent correct..... and i dont think all doctors aree perfect.. meaning i would think a pharmacist would know that theres bound to be a slight ******** up.. like the ink ran a little down the paper.. a hairline this a hairline that.. The ONLY real way of telling its >>>> i would think is this.... and correct me if im wrong man bc im not a pharmacist, you are... soooo you know much more then me..... but for example... Iff you live from IE: Brooklyn NY..... the pharmacy is from BK NY... and the doctor is from BK NY... thats a nono.. because if its from the same town. then theres a good chance that the pharmacy will have different scripts from the same doctor, soo right away they will be able to compare the scripts THEY HAVE from DR BOB. and theyll compare it with my script from DR BOB... right away,theyll see that DR bob has a different handwriting from the DR BOB i turned in and theres the red flag...

Thats why i say that if ur gonna do something all balls out and risky like that. you find a pharmacy that is FARRR away from where the dr is located this way the chances of the pharmacy having another script from the same dr dropppppppppppppppped big time. but it seems like you know much more ways to track forged scripts sooo.... thats the only wy i would honestly thinkkk,man

rph480 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMag View Post
    Now if this was a legit nurse calling it it, what gave off a problem as to it being BS??? Im sorry to sound nosey here. but when someone is getting arrested or in trouble for something, im always real urious as to what the person did wrong... ive been like that since i was a little kid.. like if the call is coming from an actual doctors office, why would you wanna go any further???

Also, this coming from a pharmacist, i never had the luxury of being able to ask a pharmacy in detailed questions (without giving up the fact that i have bogus scripts), anyways, how can you truely tell if its forged?? Especially if its written 100 percent correct..... and i dont think all doctors aree perfect.. meaning i would think a pharmacist would know that theres bound to be a slight ******** up.. like the ink ran a little down the paper.. a hairline this a hairline that.. The ONLY real way of telling its >>>> i would think is this.... and correct me if im wrong man bc im not a pharmacist, you are... soooo you know much more then me..... but for example... Iff you live from IE: Brooklyn NY..... the pharmacy is from BK NY... and the doctor is from BK NY... thats a nono.. because if its from the same town. then theres a good chance that the pharmacy will have different scripts from the same doctor, soo right away they will be able to compare the scripts THEY HAVE from DR BOB. and theyll compare it with my script from DR BOB... right away,theyll see that DR bob has a different handwriting from the DR BOB i turned in and theres the red flag...
    Depending on the location, JM, if all of a sudden a pharmacy is filling tons of Tussionex (which usually isn't that fast of a mover due to its price), somebody might get suspicious.

In answer to your other question...just the fact that somebody is trying to fill a narcotic Rx far away from the doctor's office and/or their home address sets off a warning bell with me, for the very reason you mentioned. I ask for >> on all controlled substance Rxs, and typically if somebody is up to no good, they say that they don't have their >> with them, they take their Rx back and go somewhere else -- no harm, no foul. In my almost 20 years as a pharmacist, I have become somewhat of an expert on spotting forgeries. The more warning signs that are present, the more likely I am to call the doctor's office to verify the Rx. (And no...I'm not going to tell you what the red flags are, especially since you've already admitted to having bogus Oxycontin Rxs )

Also, just as an aside...many states are now developing controlled substance monitoring programs to combat drug diversion by patients who go to multiple doctors and pharmacies...so don't be surprised if sometime in the future, Pharmacy A knows that you just filled the same Rx at Pharmacy B three days ago!

ircmate is offline New Member

Exclamation Pharmacists are nazis.

I was recently arrested for trying to fill my prescription. The pharmacist did not call and verify the script with my doctor, instead they called the cops and my girlfriend and I were arrested and charged with 2 counts of Forgery. I told the cops to call my doctor and verify the prescription and they said because the idiot pharmacist at Wal-Greens said they were a >>>> they didn't need to do so. Well, we got arrested without any one calling the doctor and we spent 3 days in jail before we got bonded out.

As soon as we got bonded out, we called our doctor and he came down and filled out an affidavit at the attorneys office which has been handed over to the DA for (hopefully) dismissal of our charges. So, now after what will amount to almost 4,000 dollars in legal fees, bond money (non-refundable, even after we proved our innocence), and car impound fees (not to mention loss of income from being out of work) and the trauma of actually being damn innocent and being stuck in jail, I am sure that pharmacists are not as smart as 6-8 years in school should dictate.

I want you pharmacists on this board to realize that not everyone is a scumbag and that you should always ALWAYS call the doctor if you suspect a >>>> script. And if for some reason you can't get a hold of him, just tell the person and tell them you will have to verify it later or give the damn script back. There needs to be more accountability for pharmacists and law enforcement when dealing with issues like mine. I am sure I am not the first person this has happened to and we were treated like drug addict criminals.

rph480 is offline New Member

Thumbs down Nazis...Really?

Yes, what happened to you is terrible and I'd be angry too, but it doesn't give you the right to prejudge an entire profession based on the actions of one individual! Besides, the cops are just as much to blame (if not more so, since it's their job to know these things) for arresting you without any proof of a law being broken.

I apologize if my last post gave the impression that I would ever call the police before verifying an Rx with the doctor first. In fact, the chain I work for has a "non-involvement" policy that prohibits us from contacting law enforcement. We are instructed to document the incident, and if the doctor decides to get the police involved, we turn the evidence we've collected over to them if/when they interview us.

Our policy also mandates that we give the Rx back to the patient if (s)he asks for it.

Finally, let me be clear...the "red flags" I mentioned previously are not proof of fraud. To answer the OP's question**, it's logistically impossible for me to call the doctor to verify every single controlled substance Rx I receive - especially since the vast majority of prescriptions ARE legitimate. Instead, I look for elements that are commonly seen in fraudulent activity and weigh these against any info I have that speaks for the patient. For example, if a patient has been a regular customer for years, or has filled the same Rx several times before, they are more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt than a brand new customer with no prescription history.

ircmate, if I were in your shoes I'd be filing civil suits against the pharmacist, pharmacy and the police department. I guess it all depends on what constitutes "probable cause" where you live, but damn...that they would arrest somebody without even checking with the doctor first?! Good luck, and while nothing can make up for the 3 days of hell you spent locked up, hopefully a big cash settlement will help to ease the pain a little!

Quote Originally Posted by redhead118 View Post

clippedwings is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMag View Post
    but thats my story guyssss,, i deeply apoligize for typing out a novel here.. its just that this happened VERY recently and i wnated to share the story.,........ And to think... he got caught first for a stupid reason.. he draws blood for a living and met a pharmacist that comes in as a customer.. hes been there for months and always goes to my friend.. soo my friend though that he was a chill guy and made friends with him. soo in short, he asked the pharmacist ways to do this right and not get caught and asked him for any tricks that he can use to do this right....... after that day, the guy never came back to labcorps (clue number 1).. and then he goes to a local cvs... however they filled it up...... he then gets pulled over a week later and the cop asked him if he knew anything about rx drugs.. friend said no.. and the cop showed him his own scrpt under his name that he filled up at cvs...... and get this.. the pharmacy did fill it..... i dont think he got caught by the pharmacy... only because... they wouldnt verify the script AFTERR its been filled... they would do it right beforehand... Because by doing it afetrwards, the pharmacy just gave away a whole script becvause they did their job backwards....... it just dont make sense to check afer the fill it.... i think the guy who came to his work, called the cops in this town.. and the cops searched from pharmacy to pharmacy with his name.. got it.. and popped him.. then she got caught the next week later, and threw him under the bus.. soo their bothhh now in trouble.... Me.... i was the person who used my real name ,always had my >>, i never went to a place more then once a month and no earlier. etc etc etc etc etc, and luckily good things always come to an end, but in my case, it ended on a positive note .. he dont work there nomore, so i cant get nomroe scripts to fix and write... Had this never happened, would i still be doing this now??? I wont even lie, probablyyyy.. and then eventually something bad woulda happened to me.. but nope... god gave me a second chance and told me to stopp doing what im doing or ill end up like them.. and i took that advice... i now work a legit job woth a great salary.. do i regreit what i did???absolutely... i learned my lesson as welll.... its not soemthing hard to do, however the slightest error can put you right in jail and its not worth it!

THE END...
    I did something stupid and forged a script at wal mart mail order pharm. they said two were ok but one would have to be sent back because it had to be picked up at a retail location. now freaking wal mart is calling me about three times this morning telling me they can't get ahold of my doctor (because i put a different number on the altered script) to verify (never verified before!!!) so what are they going to do now? if they can't verify the script and i never call back to question, etc. ? i did email their CSR and said i kept getting disconnected with their CSR (true) and if they could cancel the scripts so i could go by my doctors office to try and clear up the matter.

i have not picked up any scripts as of yet... one WAS sent to me via UPS today, but today they are trying to verify with my doctor. i think the RETAIL walmart alerted the MAIL ORDER walmart.

what should i do???? please help.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I replied to your other thread. You need to see what I posted. I don't see any other way to handle this. Do as I suggest on your thread and pray! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Ok, I called them and told them I had no idea why the number was busy, I think they were moving offices or something of the sort but I needed to go by there anyway to check on the script and get some medical records. She said the notation on my account said "please provide with a number for this doctor" Then she said she added that I would go by there to talk to her and to have the doctor call in the script then if I could. I said I would see what I could do.... She said "OK!" Of course I don't plan to call them back... But I do know they already sent the mail order out via UPS yesterday. Sounds weird to send it THEN try and verify? So I should send the UPS back as "Return to sender" - would that be smart?

I am SUCH a moron. Thank you so much for your help sir. I don't know what I would do without your help and advice. Thank you so so much. I have learned a lesson and hope I don't learn a worse one.

Dude ... this is one of those times that you need to thank God for His mercy on you. You are so freakin lucky if this goes away. Talk about embarrassing if you got caught! I probably wouldn't even go back to that pharmacy ever again for anything even legal meds.

If you talked to them and didn't sound flakey, but sounded like you were totally on top of everything they may blow it off. Pharmacies are supposed to contact authorities when they observe something like this if they snap to what is happening.

IF you send the script back that comes in the mail seems to me that would be another red flag. That's just my take on it, can't be sure.

It sounds like you may have lucked out. Let us know how the day ends up. Good luck and God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Yes I agree... Besides UPS drops things at my apartment complex and anyone could pick up anything they are so lenient. The lady on the phone sounded very busy and nice, but who knows. She just said "Just have her call us with the rx if you can get ahold of her" I was like, "I'll see what I can do" .... I just hope this goes away. Some of the smartest people can be the dumbest.<<< point proven.

I'll keep you posted... Thanks again..

mrcopman is offline New Member

Default prescritons

First of all i am a cop and i thnk its bull that the DEA can tell doctors what to write and what not to write, Dr.'s goto school for years to learn and DEA agents do not. I think they should just make Oxycontin available like sudafed where you give a pharmacist your license and you can buy a certain amount every month. Doctors dont belive but my tolernace is soo high that lortabs DO NOT HELP ME and oxy's barely do the job, im prescribed 2 20mg/day oxy and thats nothing. for me really to get relief i would have to take up to 10 80mg./day but some stuck up doctors think that lortab 5's are (so strong) doctors please realize that some people are different and if someone is over 30 they have already made the life choice to take madication and they know the side effects, i know the DEA makes it hard, but why would you make your patients suffer when with modern medication there is no need for them to suffer

mrcopman ..... I agree that the DEA makes things difficult for drs. But honestly, and I'm not judging you, if you really need ten 80mg oxycontins each day for pain you need to be in the hospital. No one should be taking ten 80mg oxycontins in a day. That is a fact. God bless.

Well pharmacists can be great for advice when you are sick they know meds better than Dr.'s. but some of them act like they are cops, I mean if a 35 year old man makes the life choice that he wants to take oxy's the pharmacist shouldnt look down on him, if the script is legal. but most do like your a bad person, I have a very high tolernace lortabs dont come close to helping me i could take 10 80mg oxy's a day and walk and talk perfectly normal. I think drinking is alot worse than taking opiates, at least (pill heads) dont ,as often, want to go driving and want to fight and act the butt. Actuaslly i feel the goverment should do like amsterdam and legalize things, this would cut out alot of problems and NO ONE is going to say ( i think im going to goot shoot >>>>>> today because its legal) putting a pill head trying to fill a >>>> script because he is detoxing and feeling so bad he wants to die,, well putting them in jail is soo freaking stupid,, they arent hurting anyone but themselves, why fill up our jails with non violent offenders, if someone is of age they should be able to make the choice after being told ALL the side effects, they should be able to get oxy's without a script,, then you would have no more drug dealers selling pills, they will do it if its legal or not and normal people wont start just because its legal

thanks for the reply,, I dont take that many im saying that i could and it would not affect me like most. I actualy only take 2 20mg/day it helps some with the pain but im just saying that people should be able to make thier own choices if we are truly a FREE society. my spelling sucks i know sorry. But if the DEA would get thier nose out of Dr's butts then Dr.'s could do thier job right ad not have to worry about going to jail, you should be able to tell the Dr i want this ad they could tell you all the side effects and if you still want it, and feel you need it to stop hurting then you should get it. I dont condone people snorting shooting pills, but i do belive in the right for a person to do what they want as long as they DONT HARM ANOTHER it starts with them tellimng Dr.'s they cant write this then they will be telling Dr.'s they cant treat people unless the patient bows down to the bilderburg group and the " new world order" then ATF will come take all of our firearms

Anonymous Guest

Default mrcopman.....

I absolutely agree with what you posted. SO MANY Pharmacist act like they know what you need, and NOT the Dr. !! They also look down on you if you are a Chronic Pain patient, something a DOCTOR knows...but it is really NONE of the Pharmacists' business what your presciption is for!! All they do is SEE a Narcotic Painkiller prescription and they label you as a drug-seeker.

They need to realixe that it is the DOCTOR who is treating you....and NOT them!

I am sure they do not question a person who comes in with a script for an Anti-biotic or Blood pressure meds..... BUT! A Narcotic script, they automatically think you're a drug seeker......it's not fair and I'd like a Pharmacist to address this if possible.....why is that????

Phillipz is offline New Member

Default not answered yet?

Not sure why a pharm d hasnt answered this yet. If you are a doc or pharm or nurse or tech you already know how c2's work. if you are not then you most likely dont need to know!

if you are scamming you will get caught. if you are just someone who hates all the waiting and checking then you can blame it on the scammers. also only more safe gaurds are to come not less.

pookie5353 is offline New Member

"I was recently arrested for trying to fill my prescription. The pharmacist did not call and verify the script with my doctor, instead they called the cops and my girlfriend and I were arrested and charged with 2 counts of Forgery. I told the cops to call my doctor and verify the prescription and they said because the idiot pharmacist at Wal-Greens said they were a >>>> they didn't need to do so. Well, we got arrested without any one calling the doctor and we spent 3 days in jail before we got bonded out."

It looks like they jumped the gun! Suspicion should lead to investigation and only to arrest after they have sufficient proof...

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pookie5353 View Post
    "I was recently arrested for trying to fill my prescription. The pharmacist did not call and verify the script with my doctor, instead they called the cops and my girlfriend and I were arrested and charged with 2 counts of Forgery. I told the cops to call my doctor and verify the prescription and they said because the idiot pharmacist at Wal-Greens said they were a >>>> they didn't need to do so. Well, we got arrested without any one calling the doctor and we spent 3 days in jail before we got bonded out."

It looks like they jumped the gun! Suspicion should lead to investigation and only to arrest after they have sufficient proof...
    All I can say to that is, If that happened in my pharmacy, a U.S. pharmacy, the way it was described, heads would roll.

Since I wasn't there, I'll keep judgments to myself.
    Peter