looking for an answer
    Psychmajor is offline Member

Default looking for an answer

Okay, so I'm on 200 mg of sertraline and 150 mg (twice daily) of wellbutrin. meaning im on an SSRI and NDRI (<- only put on this to ease my anxiety problems since zoloft completely took care of my depression), my doctor wants to switch me to an SNRI (effexor is likely) if wellbutrin doesn't work out. How would this be different from what im currently on besides the dopamine aspect and the actual drug thats inside the med?

Also how is giving anything that increases the amount of Norepinephrine in the nervous system going to help with anxiety? With it being so related to adrenaline it seems like it would only increase anxiety through its excititory processes (cant find understandable info on the little inhibitory functions it has). I would assume that since the SSRI took care of the depression so well that the anxiety must be a comorbid disorder that isnt effected on the seritonin, norepinephrine (on the NDRI), and dopamine systems... which only leaves gaba related drug options and antipsychotics which would lower dopamine which is bad for an unmotivated person (yes im going to therapy on a weekly basis and practicing it but less dopamine would be a horrible idea), and noripinephrine (less anxiety but BAD side effects possible, i think i might rather be addicted than have tartive dysconisia [spelt wrong im pretty sure])
    I dont want to have to go through 50 meds before finding the right thing (if i find it), i lived with anxiety for too long already. (frequent panic attacks (associated with agoraphobia) which interfere with creating any relationships romantic and platonic (just want to stress the ANY part of that sentence))

it would be awesome If anyone can answer my above questions, you would and more help than a Neuroscience teacher (bio psychology) and an arrogent Psychiatrist.

Iv been looking online, asking people (such as the above + others), and attempting to rationalize in my own head and cannot come up with some of these answers.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Give me until tomorrow and I'll get you the most knowledgeable person I know to answer this thread. Bear with me. Her name will be Erin. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

definatly still waiting for someone who thinks they might know

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Psychmajor View Post
    definatly still waiting for someone who thinks they might know

Sorry I forgot you. I'll try to reach the person I was talking about. Should be tomorrow. Take care. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

thank you sir, take care your self

TOLLY1942 is offline New Member

you really should go on klonopin,xanax,ativan for your aniety. They work best I take 2 klonopin a day for severe aniety-If he tells you no go to a diffrent shrink there are tons out there

mamuhit2010 is offline Member

Probably you will suffer from anxiety problem until get better solution.
    I’m not a doctor. Will get knowledgeable person on this forum within short time.
    Always seeking on this forum.
    Good luck
    Last edited by mamuhit2010; 01-11-2011 at 04:23 AM.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psychmajor View Post
    Okay, so I'm on 200 mg of sertraline and 150 mg (twice daily) of wellbutrin. meaning im on an SSRI and NDRI (<- only put on this to ease my anxiety problems since zoloft completely took care of my depression), my doctor wants to switch me to an SNRI (effexor is likely) if wellbutrin doesn't work out. How would this be different from what im currently on besides the dopamine aspect and the actual drug thats inside the med?

Also how is giving anything that increases the amount of Norepinephrine in the nervous system going to help with anxiety? With it being so related to adrenaline it seems like it would only increase anxiety through its excititory processes (cant find understandable info on the little inhibitory functions it has). I would assume that since the SSRI took care of the depression so well that the anxiety must be a comorbid disorder that isnt effected on the seritonin, norepinephrine (on the NDRI), and dopamine systems... which only leaves gaba related drug options and antipsychotics which would lower dopamine which is bad for an unmotivated person (yes im going to therapy on a weekly basis and practicing it but less dopamine would be a horrible idea), and noripinephrine (less anxiety but BAD side effects possible, i think i might rather be addicted than have tartive dysconisia [spelt wrong im pretty sure])
    I dont want to have to go through 50 meds before finding the right thing (if i find it), i lived with anxiety for too long already. (frequent panic attacks (associated with agoraphobia) which interfere with creating any relationships romantic and platonic (just want to stress the ANY part of that sentence))

it would be awesome If anyone can answer my above questions, you would and more help than a Neuroscience teacher (bio psychology) and an arrogent Psychiatrist.

Iv been looking online, asking people (such as the above + others), and attempting to rationalize in my own head and cannot come up with some of these answers.
    Good question, i've been on it so i can help.

Effexor is a selective serotonin-norepinephrine inhibitor(SNRI), which in turn, works like a SSRI, but not exactly. It works in the same prospects as zoloft, but it also relieves anxiety problems(where the norepinephrine comes from).
    The way it does that is by INHIBITING adrenaline, and other chemicals released in your brain and endocrine system, you inhibit these chemicals, you get a balance in your brain that causes stress, anxiety and much more relief.

It didn't work worth a turd for me, so hopefully it does for you. If your anxiety is as bad as mine i'd suggest a benzodiazepine(Xanax, klonopin, and valium).

I am no doctor, pharmacist, or healthcare professional. I am a pharmacy technician though.
    Last edited by tjohnson92389; 05-20-2011 at 10:22 PM.

onik2u is offline New Member

Default Logged in as onik2u Title: Message: Remove Text Formatting Fonts Arial Arial

Dear Psychmajor,
    thanks for your question
    i think you can meet a doctor, pharmacist, or healthcare professional.
    they can give you right answer
    you can also pagg stack review try or pagg stack side effects or pagg 4 hour body
    may be you get some benefit
    thanks