Lancoprazole 30MG
    leoc is offline New Member

Default Lancoprazole 30MG

After an endoscopy the Doctor prescribed Lansoprazole 30 mg twice a day for 4 weeks, then one a day there after.[ No antibotic ] Because of red spots all over the lining of my stomach. This 30 mg twice a day seems very excessive to me ??? The last Endoscopy 3 years ago the doctor prescribed an antibotic for 10 days AND ONE 30MG PREVACID A DAY because of bacteria infection in the stomach. Any suggestions?

on

kellrx is offline Member

If you just have an excessive amount of acid being produced in your stomach which would cause the redness and irritation to your stomach, then prevacid once or twice a day is normal. However, your doctor should have performed something called a urease breath test or some other test to determine if those red spots were being caused by a bacteria call H. pylori. If this is the case, then the appropriate treatment would be commonly 2 specific antibiotics and prevacid or prilosec to eradicate the bacteria and heal the lesions. I would double check if he found H pylori or not. That is very important in determining proper treatment.