how long does it take for xanax to leave your body
    miSz LoLo is offline New Member

Default how long does it take for xanax to leave your body

i was wondering a friend of mine was taking xanax but it was prescribed to her she now hasnt taken them for a week how long though does it take for it to leave your body and is there a difference of it leaving your body sooner if one was just taken then if you had to take them everyday?

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

If you've been using them for more than a couple weeks then on a urine test benzodiazipines will show for up to 6 weeks.....Dave

magid is offline Junior Member

Following oral administration of XANAX (immediate-release) Tablets, alprazolam is readily absorbed.

Peak concentrations in the plasma occur in one to two hours following administration. Plasma levels are proportional to the dose given; over the dose range of 0.5 to 3.0 mg,peak levels of 8.0 to 37 ng/mL were observed. The mean plasma elimination half-life of alprazolam has been found to be about 11.2 hours (range:6.3–26.9 hours) in healthy adults

apatterson4630 is offline New Member

I have a very low tolerance for drugs. I was prescribed Xanax .25 mg yesterday. I only took half of it. It had a line across the pill so I cut it there.
    I felt horrible! Shakes, cold, vomiting, figity, low concentration ability and insomnia. It did though take away the anxiety feeling of not being able to breath normally and throat tightening.
    I took it at 9pm last night and still feel a bit off. How long can one measly pill last in your body???
    I never want to touch that stuff again!!!

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

You shouldn't feel it after 12 hours, unless you took a XR, they last for 12, so after 24 hours you'll be normal again.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )~~