Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By blueberries
  • 1 Post By TOLLY1942
Friend plans to take 6 drugs, is this safe?
    Misaligned is offline New Member

Unhappy Friend plans to take 6 drugs, is this safe?

My friend has devised a plan to take these drugs all at once sometime soon. I ran the interaction checker on them and it looks scary. Obviously a professional would advise against what he wants to do, but how dangerous is this particular combination really?

Ambien (zolpidem) - 10mg
    clonazepam - 2mg
    clozapine - 100mg
    Depakote (divalproex sodium) - 1000mg
    Temazepam - 60-90mg
    Xanax (alprazolam) - 2 bars (2mg I think)

tired2 is offline Advanced Member

Wow that is not a safe cocktail ....why is he going to take all those pills? Does he want to kill himself ? Why does he want to take them ? Does he have a medical problem or a death wish. Most will affect his respitory system.
    Clonazepam and Xanax are used for the same thing anxiety and highly addictive.... I don't know of any one doctor giving a person all these together . Depakote is mostly for siezures that is a high dose also used for other things. Ambien is a sleeping pill which if he's taking all that other stuff he sure won't need them . I'm not sure off the others just ones I have takin.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Misaligned View Post
    My friend has devised a plan to take these drugs all at once sometime soon. I ran the interaction checker on them and it looks scary. Obviously a professional would advise against what he wants to do, but how dangerous is this particular combination really?

Ambien (zolpidem) - 10mg
    clonazepam - 2mg
    clozapine - 100mg
    Temazepam - 60-90mg

This sounds like something a 17 year old kid would come up with! What the hell is wrong with this person???

There are three benzos at once ... xanax(2 bars??), klonopin and temazepam/restoril (2-3 30mg capsules??). That is stupid especially with 1000mg of depakote. Then throwing ambien on top??? Give me a break!

I can't believe people come up with goofy ideas like that. I wouldn't even waste my time replying to someone if they did that after what we've posted here. God bless.
    ddog12 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

preper is offline New Member

does your friend want to commit a suicide? these drugs have lots of interactions,
    I advise you to use interaction checkers.. www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html
    Last edited by preper; 05-03-2009 at 04:11 AM.

dalejrfan71 is offline Member

This person's friend needs to be skimmed from the gene pool.
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

blueberries is offline New Member

Ambien (zolpidem) - 10mg
    clonazepam - 2mg
    clozapine - 100mg
    Temazepam - 60-90mg
    -------------------------------------------------
    I can't think of a worse way to spend a few days....IV's in the arm, tubes to pee, tubes in the nose for oxygen, constant pricks in the skin for blood levels and wonderment by all as to why anyone would consume such a combination of drugs. I am certain this person is worth more than wasting his/her days in such a condition. Why don't you put your arms around that person and say...I care about you and you are worth the help I'm going to get for you.
    kristina1985 likes this.

suzyhues is offline New Member

Talking I'm a Pharmacist with my 2 cents worth

Unless this guy is tiny (weighs 50lbs), ambien 10mg is the therapeutic dose for most people (taking more is like flushing it down the drain) because there are no more "free" Ambien sites on "sleep sites" for the overdose to use. Clozaril - why anybodied volutarily take this God only knows - its for a particular mental disorder and in order to fill the prescription the patient must have a copy of the most recent blood test, faxed to the pharmacist to check for agranulocytosis (high white cells- which can kill you untreated). So, you scoundrel because of you taking a patient's Clozaril, we have an unmedicated, diagnosed schizophrenic running loose. Go ahead and take the Depakote- (you didn't say DR or ER) -not that it matters, you're just not going to be having an 'absence' siezure today - but who you took it from may get a ride in an ambulance. One interesting thing about Depakote, it has a funny way of inducing (increasing)the action of certain other drug like Restoril(Generic Temazepam) 30mg or clonazapam or Xanax. This actually means that these drugs will remain in the body longer(perhaps an hour) than they would have without the depakote. I should tell you that one of the main side effects of depakote is weight gain. It begins with the first tablets and continues until the patient's weight level off - usually 30-40lbs. The Xanax you have is within normal prescribing range. That leave Restoril 30mg, not an overdose by it self......NONE of these are Man! But at your age you will sleep through the next with cotton mouth and a headache. I'd save 1 or 2 just to make sure I could sleep after one of those days , they pick the one you like and get a prescription for it. Coz man if you take them all, I promise you, your gonna barf-----still gonna pick 'em out and take em?

chrisrhudy02 is offline New Member

I have ADHD, Anxiety (GAD / Panic Disorder), and Insomnia...

with that said. I have been prescribed most of these in concert with the others... would I recommend it... no. Would I say no one does this sort of thing and comes out okay? No, and neither would my Psychiatrist of 10 years.

My current meds:
    60 mg Dextro-amphetamine
    6 mg clonazepam
    4 mg xanax
    30 mg temazepam
    every day...

To this persons friend:
    They should probably seek help. Is this a cry for attention or curiosity about drugs. Either way be safe and stay educated. But seriously be safe.

Eamiro is offline New Member

three bezos !! He is crazy! (or maybe its doctor is)

arcticpheonix is offline New Member

Thumbs down

Safe, definitely not. Deadly; it's unlikely, but not impossible. While most drug interactions are documented in some form or another, the more chemicals you mix, the more likely you are to have an unexpected/unforeseen interaction.

While the individual doses of the medications are all within the normal therapeutic range, when taken together like this the effects may not simply stack (1+2+3) but potentiate each other (1x2x3).

All that said, three benzo's is a bad idea, period. Even prescribed as in chrisrhudy02's case, this is (while not entirely uncommon) not standard procedure.

On a side note, are Xanax bars 1mg each or 2?

Xanax bars are 2mg each. That's a lot for one dose especially with other benzos added on top. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I thought 4mg xanax was hard on you alone, I hope this guy doesnt wind up like Michael Jackson. I take it he is young if he has that kind of wisdom. >> say the worst that can happen is death by respiratory failure he could fall asleep and not wake up.

Yeah, God Bless.
    Last edited by Been-there-done-that; 10-10-2009 at 09:01 PM.

TOLLY1942 is offline New Member

Get him to a phyc. hospital asap before he dies. I dont want to be rude but thats the craziest thing i ever heard-he should just put a gun to his head
    kristina1985 likes this.

BeavisMom62 is offline Member

Ambien (zolpidem) - 10mg
    clonazepam - 2mg
    clozapine - 100mg
    Temazepam - 60-90mg
    I don't understand? "Devised a plan"?? Why? Where is he getting these medications? Im sure that a doctor did not prescribe this, so what is the reason for this. Just weird. It does almost sound like a suicide attempt to me. Very strange indeed.

ddog12 is offline Banned

Cool Not Right.

This is a bad situation for this friend. He had better get some help before i'ts to late !:

Blow this thread off! It's an old thread from a kid who was contemplating suicide and doesn't post anymore. He changed his screen name several times looking for someone to tell him it would do the trick. I even spoke with him off the forum. Just forget this thread, it's all nonsense.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 01-10-2012 at 10:58 AM.