Definition of closed door pharmacy
    bstewart is offline New Member

Question Definition of closed door pharmacy

Does anybody know the specific, accurate definition? Is this state or federally defined? We are in South Carolina. Any help appreciated

CPhT-Robert is offline Junior Member

I don't think there is really a "Closed Door" Pharmacy... If you are thinking that you can get scripts filled with no questions asked then you are wrong.

If a Law Officer comes in with the proper paperwork to attain your files, then you would be out of luck as the pharmacy is legally responsible to hand over your patient profile.. If any MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL asked for your profile, the pharmacy can release that information with no questions asked.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPhT-Robert View Post
    I don't think there is really a "Closed Door" Pharmacy... If you are thinking that you can get scripts filled with no questions asked then you are wrong.

If a Law Officer comes in with the proper paperwork to attain your files, then you would be out of luck as the pharmacy is legally responsible to hand over your patient profile.. If any MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL asked for your profile, the pharmacy can release that information with no questions asked.
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Not sure what your talking about here???? I never heard of close door pharm. but... I do know that unless you sign a waiver NO medical professional can ask for your records. As for the Law........... it is very difficult to get the "proper paperwork". I was just helping a friend with a BIg court case on a online pharm.... NO personal records were obtained untill LOTS of investigation was done and then it was a fight. What was being proved was there was no doc/patient relationship for scripts to be written. It took the firm almost 7 months to get a judge to sign the "proper paperwork" to open a few personal records.

You do remember Hippa regulation right...?

Not being smart here but I am a true advocate of HIPPA
    Sister

CPhT-Robert is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Not sure what your talking about here???? I never heard of close door pharm. but... I do know that unless you sign a waiver NO medical professional can ask for your records. As for the Law........... it is very difficult to get the "proper paperwork". I was just helping a friend with a BIg court case on a online pharm.... NO personal records were obtained untill LOTS of investigation was done and then it was a fight. What was being proved was there was no doc/patient relationship for scripts to be written. It took the firm almost 7 months to get a judge to sign the "proper paperwork" to open a few personal records.

You do remember Hippa regulation right...?

Not being smart here but I am a true advocate of HIPPA
    Sister
    Yes, I know clearly what HIPPA is...

Medical Professional *CAN* exchange information about a patient to each other.. However, we can not give Jane Doe Mr. John Doe's information unless he signs a waiver to do so.

lawilkin is offline New Member

Default You guys are conspiracy theorists or something...

A closed door pharmacy is one that does not supply to the general public. Nothing shady, they just supply only to hospitals or nursing homes, stuff like that.

Mkonopko is offline New Member

Default closed door pharmact

So is a 340b pharmacy a closed door pharmacy as it only fills RX's for the members of the clinic which it services?

Phillipz is offline New Member

Default good job

closed door has been answered well. Hippo hypa hippo...doc's can only talk about patients to each other as it pertains to the patients case and the docs field of knowledge. one docs patient may be another docs neigbor.