Buprenorphine Testing
    Neuromind01 is offline New Member

Default Buprenorphine Testing

Hi, this may be answered hopefully , I can get a straight answer. From what I know, Im told (majority) of the time, Suboxone, or buprenorphine, will NOT show up in drug screen positive for opiate.

Why Im confused, is now when I research this drug, Its a pretty potent Mu opiate agonist, but antagonist for kappa. Why or how wouldnt this drug show up? I dont mean a specific test for it, Im talking about a standard 8 panel, that would show positive/negative and levels of the opiate?
    My doctor told me no. But I was thinking because of my addiction to opiates, he might me just saying that so I dont think I can get away and go use, even though it blocks other opiates.

If this is 100 percent a no, then in a way, it could be heading for a more abused type of drug, than for detox, because people who say get monthly or weekly urines wheather its probation job, etc, will just use it., and you do get pretty buzzed at a 8mg dose if your opiate nieve.

Im almost positve from what im told , It wont show, but then again there is that few others who claim yes it will.

GM

joe101 is offline New Member

Default Is Suboxone detectable in a drug screen

Who told you it is?
    Bup. Like all opiates, is converted to another substance.
    >>>>>>e to morphine. They look for the metabolites of what the
    drug is converted to.

holchr44 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromind01 View Post
    Hi, this may be answered hopefully , I can get a straight answer. From what I know, Im told (majority) of the time, Suboxone, or buprenorphine, will NOT show up in drug screen positive for opiate.

Why Im confused, is now when I research this drug, Its a pretty potent Mu opiate agonist, but antagonist for kappa. Why or how wouldnt this drug show up? I dont mean a specific test for it, Im talking about a standard 8 panel, that would show positive/negative and levels of the opiate?
    My doctor told me no. But I was thinking because of my addiction to opiates, he might me just saying that so I dont think I can get away and go use, even though it blocks other opiates.

If this is 100 percent a no, then in a way, it could be heading for a more abused type of drug, than for detox, because people who say get monthly or weekly urines wheather its probation job, etc, will just use it., and you do get pretty buzzed at a 8mg dose if your opiate nieve.

Im almost positve from what im told , It wont show, but then again there is that few others who claim yes it will.

GM
    The answer WAS NO. However, they have recently came up with an instant bup test that looks like a pregnancy test. it just says Pos or Neg. it is seperate from the regular drug test. I just seen my doctor yesterday and she gave me a drug test and a suboxone test. also, anything that is gonna help >>>>>> addicts stop using drugs has potential for abuse. just as morphine and painkillers are abused and thats still acceptable for doctors to prescribe in our society. Also, if someone wants to take 8mg tablets that don't need them, after 2 weeks of use you really don't get much of a buzz.

since i went on suboxone i went back to college and have a 3.93 GPA at Penn State University. and i am currently a junior. The suboxone can really help along with D&A counseling and proper support a person can get there life back again. and i'm tired of people saying this stuff could be abused so therefore its bad. So can glue and we still sell that.

vduda is offline Member

It is my understanding that suboxone does show up as an opiate. I am going to do some research. I'll get back to you

demonic is offline New Member

Default question

hello i have an important question i had urine drug testing and my bup turned positive but i never took it nither >>>>>>e, i only took amphetamine and thc that both turned negative.

do you maybe know how is that posible?

please help...