Brand Neccessary
    bfnwzgj is offline New Member

Default Brand Neccessary

Hello all.... I am a new to the site... and have a question... If someone can anwser this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Is it illegal for a patient to write "Brand Neccessary" on a perscription written in Maryland?

Thanks In Advanced

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It's illegal for a patient to write anything on a prescription pad in any state unless you're a dr. You must get your dr to do that or your forging his orders. NOT GOOD! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

TOLLY1942 is offline New Member

Never write brand nec. You could get arrested for forgery-i live in ct if you even write a smile face on it they wont fill it- sorry about the caps your dr should be able to call brand necassary

disabledleo is offline Member

Default After he write it

It depends on your insurance plan if they'll fill it / PAY for it. You might have to come p with the difference from the generic form to brand name. But there are ways to work loop holes if you have good standing with your pharmacy & doctor...
    But you have gotten right advise DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING on script just ask doctor to he will not have a problem.