ADDERALL
    5000 is offline New Member

Default ADDERALL

I have been taking 3 x 20 mg.per day of a peach(colored and tasting), diamond shaped adderall. Today on refill i was given a round, peach colored(no flavor), pill with E410, and scored. I know it is also adderall. My question is this ; They are both 20 mg. but the diamond shaped peach flavored one gives me a much more focused and "organized" general feeling. More intense let's say.I questioned my pharmacist and he told me they were just a different brand name. Is it possible that 20mg. from diff. companies are actually working different on my condition ?? Please fill me in !!!

ColMustard is offline New Member

" Until recently, the closest generic equivalent to Adderall (which uses racemic mixed amphetamine salts) was dextroamphetamine sulfate also known as Dexedrine and available in a sustained release form called Dexedrine ER. As of 2008, mixed amphetamine salts are available as a generic formulation[21]. It should be noted that Dexedrine is a single salt form of D-amphetamine, therefore Dexedrine and Dexedrine ER are not strict generic equivalents for Adderall and Adderall XR, though they may, in terms of physiological and psychological effects, be a de facto generic alternative. The savings between Adderall XR and generic Dexedrine ER are significant: 90 dextroamphetamine extended-release capsules cost $20 at a retail pharmacy in the United States, while the equivalent 90 Adderall XR capsules cost approximately $420[22]. The difference is because Adderall XR has been protected under patent in the United States. Until this patent expires, generic versions of Adderall XR will not become available. The generic formulation of Adderall, however, marketed as "mixed amphetamine salts" or "d-amphetamine salt combo," carry a significant savings over that of branded Adderall. On average, Adderall runs about $330 per 100 doses (or $3.30 per dose), whereas the generic mixed amphetamine salts are about one third as expensive - running about $120 per 100 doses (or a little more than $1 per dose).[21] " -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall