Tea tree oil and ear infection
    sandikay05 is offline New Member

Smile Tea tree oil and ear infection

Has anyone ever used tea tree oil for ear infections? I just tried it on my great pyrenese and seems to be doing the trick. Of course after spending $100 at the vet.

jnc220 is offline New Member

Default re: tea tree oil for ear infection

Hi, I was wondering how I would know if my dog has an ear infection? What symptoms did your dog have?

sandikay05 is offline New Member

Smile reply to ear infection question

He had smelly ear, Was shaking his head alot and when I looked into it it had a bunch of redish brown gunk. The vet tested it and he had bacterial and yeast infection. Don't let people tell you that it is ear mites. I know they can get those but don't assume that it is. I got the tea tree oil at Walmart for $5.98. Just a few drops a couple of times a day should work. I'll find out from another site what was recommended if you like.

mayallen is offline New Member

If you dog is shaking their head alot then it could be the signs that ear mite is present. Ear mites can cause deafness in worst case so you must be really careful.

dog ear mites symptoms

adoan is offline New Member

Default Tea tree oil fo ear infection

Yes, tea tree oil is working very good for any fungal, bacterial and inflammation. I dip it with a q-tip and touch all sides of the skin inside the ear of my dog and it works real well. Just 2 times and my dog's ears were healed.

Anonymous Guest

where do you get this stuff???

adoan is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    where do you get this stuff???
    You can get it at any Walmart store in the vitamins ailes. It cost around $5.00.

trouble2002 is offline New Member

Default Tea Tree Oil

Can anyyone tell me if this tea is good for cats also? I have had my cat to the vet 3 times and he tells me its ear mites, my cat is a indoor cat and the med the vet gives me,it keeps coming back Thank you