Tea tree oil and ear infection
    sandikay05 is offline New Member

Smile Tea tree oil and ear infection

Has anyone ever used tea tree oil for ear infections? I just tried it on my great pyrenese and seems to be doing the trick. Of course after spending $100 at the vet.

jnc220 is offline New Member

Default re: tea tree oil for ear infection

Hi, I was wondering how I would know if my dog has an ear infection? What symptoms did your dog have?

sandikay05 is offline New Member

Smile reply to ear infection question

He had smelly ear, Was shaking his head alot and when I looked into it it had a bunch of redish brown gunk. The vet tested it and he had bacterial and yeast infection. Don't let people tell you that it is ear mites. I know they can get those but don't assume that it is. I got the tea tree oil at Walmart for $5.98. Just a few drops a couple of times a day should work. I'll find out from another site what was recommended if you like.

mayallen is offline New Member

If you dog is shaking their head alot then it could be the signs that ear mite is present. Ear mites can cause deafness in worst case so you must be really careful.

dog ear mites symptoms

adoan is offline New Member

Default Tea tree oil fo ear infection

Yes, tea tree oil is working very good for any fungal, bacterial and inflammation. I dip it with a q-tip and touch all sides of the skin inside the ear of my dog and it works real well. Just 2 times and my dog's ears were healed.

Anonymous Guest

where do you get this stuff???

adoan is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    where do you get this stuff???
    You can get it at any Walmart store in the vitamins ailes. It cost around $5.00.

trouble2002 is offline New Member

Default Tea Tree Oil

Can anyyone tell me if this tea is good for cats also? I have had my cat to the vet 3 times and he tells me its ear mites, my cat is a indoor cat and the med the vet gives me,it keeps coming back Thank you

CindyElla is offline New Member

Default tea tree oil can be toxic to cats!

Quote Originally Posted by trouble2002 View Post
    Can anyyone tell me if this tea is good for cats also? I have had my cat to the vet 3 times and he tells me its ear mites, my cat is a indoor cat and the med the vet gives me,it keeps coming back Thank you
    NO!!
    TEA TREE OIL CAN BE TOXIC TO CATS... it is ok on dogs -

Tea Tree Oil can be safely administered to dogs, but is highly toxic to cats. I would even suggest diluting it as some say is safe but in moderate amounts because in order to treat general treatment plans can last up to two weeks. (it is always advised that if you see no improvement or the condition worsens in this time, to call a vet).

SORRY! Let me try that again, I don't post often.
    Tea Tree Oil can be administered to dogs, but is highly toxic to cats. I would NOT even suggest it even if diluted. some say it is safe in moderate amounts.. I strongly disagree because in order to treat -a general treatment plan can last up to or more than two weeks. (it is always advised that if you see no improvement or the condition worsens within this time, to call/ refer to a vet).
    There are many other home remedies, OTC medicines and of course, RX to treat your pet. It
    is just as important to know WHAT you are treating as it is HOW you are treating it. good luck

TimStevo is offline New Member

I honestly did not know something like this would work for an ear infection on a dog but it really is good to know. I had a problem with my dog getting an ear infection a while back and it cost me an arm and a leg at the vets for the appointment and also the treatment. This will really come in handy for the next time. Thanks.