Tapeworm???
    punkikegrl is offline New Member

Angry Tapeworm???

My cat ran away for a couple months, came back about 3 months ago or so. I could feel every bone in his body, my only thought and worry at that point was to fatten him up. As time went on I noticed he wouldn't go in the litter box but by the front door, in the bath tub, etc. When I went to clean it up I noticed these little rice looking things in his feces and yellowish seed looking things around it. I looked it up online and it said that its tapeworm. I do the usual thing, take him to a vet, TELL them whats going on, etc. The vet runs all these tests, gives him meds, and sends him home. This is the list...

Feline CBC in house
    Fe Pre-Anest Blood Test
    Feline Comp Panel with T4 SA20
    Fecal Flotation
    Giardia Fecal Snap Test
    Digital Radiology (X-ray)
    VitaminB Complex Injection 100mg
    Fluid Therapy Outpatient
    Penicillin-G
    Urinalysis

Meds:
    Flagyl - Metronidazole 250mg
    Sulfasalzine 500mg
    Cimetidine 200mg

and that special cat food...
    Feline i/d

Now I'm not a vet or anything, but I've looked everything up via google and so far I like google more than I do the vet. I see nothing that is supposed to help him out with the tapeworms. The vet did say that my cat, Socrates, was also anemic.

My questions are, is there anything that is on that list that is supposed to help him with his worms? What is supposed to help him with his anemia?

Why am I asking? Because he still has worms, those little creepers are over him, my bed, and wherever he decides to lie. No, he doesn't have flees.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

fangy is offline New Member

Default droncit

ask your vet for droncit!

squawbonds is offline New Member

If you don't want to pay for the extra vet bill there is a product called Tradewinds tapeworm tabs that you don't have to have a prescription for. I just ordered some from Dr.s Foster & Smith. Cost like $24 dollars.