sami or sammi anti oxidant?
    joej is offline New Member

Default sami or sammi anti oxidant?

Hi everyone,

My vet has recommended I give my dog something called Sami as an antioxidant also for liver health. Has anyone heard of this? I can't find it anywhere. It is supposed to be a suppliment for humans, I think.

doxjean is offline New Member

Smile Sami

The supplement your vet is referring to is SAMe. It is a liver support supplement which can be bought in many places. I don't live in the US but I'm sure people on the liver groups have mentioned that it is available in Walmart or Costco. It is also available from your vet in the form of Denosyl.

You would be advised to join a liver group for help, information and support.

Jean

negotiator is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by joej View Post
    Hi everyone,

My vet has recommended I give my dog something called Sami as an antioxidant also for liver health. Has anyone heard of this? I can't find it anywhere. It is supposed to be a suppliment for humans, I think.
    yes its cxalled 'SAMe'. its sold evrywhere vitamins and supplements r sold. Also can help with CCD-Canine Cognitive Dysfunction.

offsoon is offline New Member

Default Sam E

Costco or Sam's is the cheapest. Fish oil is also really good for aging dogs, get it with high counts of both DHA and EPA, and Chondroitin and glucosamine really help sore joints and help the hear too.