otc human meds
    nikita1 is offline New Member

Default otc human meds

can u give a pet otc joint medication like omega 3 and glucosimine

ilovejesus is offline New Member

did you post about the chiwawa mispelled I know but it sounds like a yeats infection. Had shih Tzu same symptoms . Tracker supply carries gloucosomine

Cats Meow is offline Banned

You can't give an animal all OTC products, but I see no reason why you couldn't give them those two, they're more a dietary supplement then a drug anyway, but of course you should run it by your Vet just to be sure. Observe the stools, if you begin these and they're not firm then d/c.

BeavisMom62 is offline Member

Sure you can. I used to give my dogs cod liver oil, either in tablets or the liquid for their skin. I've used omega3's for this as well. I also used glucosamine/chondroitin in two of my dogs. One had knee surgery and I gave it to her afterward and she healed up in record time. I gave it to my other little old dog for generalized pain, arthritis, etc and I guess maybe because he is already so old, it didn't help at all.

For dosing instructions, I've checked out pet supply catalogs. They sell these same medications, but at inflated prices because they want you to think that there is something special about their products. But you can get the same human meds OTC and pay alot less.