My Cat has Horrible Dandruff!!
    attempting2 is offline New Member

Angry My Cat has Horrible Dandruff!!

My, otherwise cute, petite little straight-backed black female "Mama" Cat, Midnight, has had a pretty bad case of visible dandruff for a while now.
    I'm on a pretty fixed budget right now and really can't afford to bring her to the vet at this time. I have looked at places like Walmart for sprays, or lotions or washes for the problem and really didn't find anything. I suppose I could go to a Pet Store, but everything seems so Expensive there, and like I said, on a tight budget at the moment.
    She is NOT De-clawed and, although she is a very friendly cat, she isn't so cuddly and she doesn't really like to be held really. If you attempt to hold her or if she is scared in any way, she immediatly puts the Claws out and will get downright MEAN! Even with me, and she ADORES me....follows me around everywhere and loves to sit near or next to me as often as she can. But if i do anything she doesn't agree with she will "Tell me where to go!!" I'm afraid if I attempt to bathe her, I may get my eyes scratched out!?!!
    I brush her, but it doesn't seem to help much.
    Any suggestions or ideas appreciated!
    ~Peace & Happiness 2 U. Karma is the way of the Universe

shotthemoon is offline New Member

Smile

You should brush her very gently and not too often. ask your vet if she can have any type of vitamin e oil ... either ingested or lightly rubbed into her coat. or crill oil

shotthemoon is offline New Member

Wink

and believe it or not most cats do not mind bathing warm water a soothing voice music yes i said music use bath mitts already soaped up slow but quick dunk quick scrub not hard and a swish to rinse let her jump out then when she calms herself a fluffy towel my cats love to have baths little divas

Williams65 is offline New Member

Hi: I wanted to ask if you've noticed your cat drinking a lot more water lately. My cat got dandruff and then I noticed him hanging around his water bowl all the time. When I took him to the vet, he had diabetes. You might want to research feline diabetes and see if your cat has any other symptoms.

efloyd105 is offline New Member

Default Allergies

She may have allergies, fleas, or digested something that is not good for her. Let me know if this is till going on. I have several natural remedies to try;