My 6 month puppy
    ErikLakies is offline New Member

Default My 6 month puppy

Hello, my puppy is 5 months is it ok that hes a little trouble maker? He chews on everything and he just doesn't listen to me. What could i do?

Hv50 is offline New Member

Hi,
    I have a new 4mo German sheapherd.
    When the puppy starts to chew on something just take it away and give him/her something he "can"chew on, ie: chew toy, bone. They are teething and losing their baby teeth just like a child.
    When you do this applaud in a very happy voice good boy/girl
    Puppies are going to chew so just keep consistent with this as well as using the same words in order for him/her to start understanding.
    It takes consistency and patience with a puppy...good luck

Keep things off the floor that you don't want him/her to chew on (ya that's hard if you have kids too).

Peace, HV

Good luck

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

HV40 is exactly right! But in addition, when you catch them in the act of unsatisfactory behavior be sure to give them a Stern "NO"! Then replace it with something they ARE allowed to chew followed by alot of Praise! Also, a Puppy is never to young to begin training...but their lil Attention spans are very short at that age, but you CAN begin with simple commands such as Sit, Stay, Heel...etc...use a little :Choker Chain Collar and leash, and to sit lightly pull upward on the leash while applying light pressure to their backside in a downward motion until they "Sit" Lots of Praise when they do well! Maybe even a small treat! But only 5 mins or so at a time...as they get older you can lengthen that time to 10, 15, even 20 mins a day!
    Also a Crate is almost Mandatory when House training Puppies! Dogs are "Den Creatures" and LOVE their own space! They will not soil their own "Den" if its the right size! It should only be large enough for them to turn around and stretch out! You can replace it with a Bigger one as they grow!
    Hope this Helps!
    Last edited by HarrySmooth; 11-08-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling

ErikLakies is offline New Member

Thank you so much guys. I just do not know what to do because hes like a baby and i do not know what to do.

ammyjones789 is offline New Member

Hello...Hv50,
    you said right..