medications from other sources than Vet
    panamajack16 is offline New Member

Unhappy medications from other sources than Vet

Has anyone had an experience good or bad using another outlet than the vet to purchase medications? My vet told me that he would give me the prescription for the medication, but is scaring me saying that if anything is wrong with the medications that the company won't pay for treatment etc. Are there companies who are better and more reputable than others from which to purchase these medications?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks....

Annalee is offline New Member

Default I see this post is a month old but........

Quote Originally Posted by panamajack16 View Post
    Has anyone had an experience good or bad using another outlet than the vet to purchase medications? My vet told me that he would give me the prescription for the medication, but is scaring me saying that if anything is wrong with the medications that the company won't pay for treatment etc. Are there companies who are better and more reputable than others from which to purchase these medications?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks....
    I wanted to post to you any way ,hope you see it.
    Personally being a horse trainer etc. and owning from 9 to 10 horses of my own at one times for many years, it became some thing I needed to do, give say, like my own vacs. So I gathered many magizines in which stuff is sold with a script and some times not, many things can be bought with out a script. I would make my own desision whether the company was reputable or not, and I never did have any problems. I say google some questions you have and order some free mags, and look them over real good and decide what you want to do from that point on. for me, when I had so many horses, etc, I didn't have to have the vet here so much, and I gave most shots etc myself. When I was in the show ring every week with the same horses, I had to have a vet certified shot record so of course the vet had to be called out, vet would have to do a few other things for me as well, like pull a coggins test and all. (just so you know I am now retired, )because of accidents and tons of pain ) so I only have to show horses now. Makes me so sad, but I have my 7 dogs lol, and looks like a litter of English Mastiffs on the way after this week Did NOT plan on that at all! any way hope you see this and I say go for it, se e what you can get from ordering your self. If ever in any doubt tho, please use the vet. good luck!

saojeo2 is offline New Member

Talking Yes, there are less expensive & SAFE options for pet meds!!

We have 5 cats and a St. Bernard dog, and several of them take daily medications. Many times we have been able to take advantage of the $4 prescriptions at WalMart. And YES, they knew they were for cats!

Our BEST deal was just last week at a grocery store chain here in FL called Publix. To compete with WalMart's $4 prescriptions, they provide antibiotics for FREE!! And again they knew the RX was for a cat!

For flea and heartworm treatments for our cats and dog, we have been using http://www.nationalpetpharmacy.com for years. We have never had a problem with them!

Prices for pet medications and treatments are sky high through your Vet. I hope some of these alternatives help you save some money!

Good Luck,
    Sally