Help for Arthritis Pain in Golden Retriever
    seeana is offline New Member

Default Help for Arthritis Pain in Golden Retriever

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what is the best and safest painkiller for my Golden.... he is 11years and he has been on Metacam for the last couple of years but I think he needs something better as he is either becoming used to this drug or his Arthritis is getting worse.

I have tried the Glucosamine and all that usual type of stuff but a waste of money.

I adore this wonderful old guy as he is so stoic and brave bless him, would appreciate any help or ideas.

minivin is offline Member

We have used this stuff called Nupro for our 15yr old husky,and i have to say that it does work,it takes a few days,but i seen her change almost right away,if you havent tried it check it out.

shaneamber is offline New Member

We have had a lot of success with Tramadol over the past few years with several of our dogs. It seemed to give them a new life and way less pain. They all were sleepy for the first couple of weeks, but then they adjusted to the relief and became alive again. I truly believe that Tramadol extended their lives greatly and we are using it with 2 of our senior dogs right now.
    Ask your Vet, it's really not expensive either, we pay $38 for 500 pills.

doug4knfpu is offline New Member

I too have had success with Tramadol for my 13 year old baby. I would say just to try it and hope for the best. Good luck to you both!