Dog throws up
    MrLowe is offline New Member

Question Dog throws up

My Shi Zu has for some time now at random times throws up what she has eaten and drank recently. It has no sour smell or really no smell at all. A lot of times it consists of her dry dog food mostly undigested. She seems to hurt or feel very bad as after she throws up she will lay down flat on the floor or ground wherever she might be. In 5 or so minutes she is fine. The Vet has prescribed half of an antiacid pill and now Carafate suspension, neither have helped. Anyone whose dog has had same problem what was the solution?

Sometimes if my dog is too active right before he eats he will throw up what he eats. If this is the case try withholding food to make sure the dog is calm for a short time,about 10 minutes, before allowing the dog to eat.
    Bruce

RosieMaltese is offline New Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MrLowe View Post
    My Shi Zu has for some time now at random times throws up what she has eaten and drank recently. It has no sour smell or really no smell at all. A lot of times it consists of her dry dog food mostly undigested. She seems to hurt or feel very bad as after she throws up she will lay down flat on the floor or ground wherever she might be. In 5 or so minutes she is fine. The Vet has prescribed half of an antiacid pill and now Carafate suspension, neither have helped. Anyone whose dog has had same problem what was the solution?
    I have a maltese who used to do the same. She had the problem because she was eating to much to quickly. Try dividing her daily feeding into three smaller servings. If this does not eliminaye the problem switch her to purina one for sensative systems dog food. Doing all this eliminated my dogs problem and she has not thrown up for over two years.

MrLowe is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrLowe View Post
    She died, the Vet had operated and found she had cancer. She is now happy in dog heaven.