What rights do we have w/ lab work??
    disabledleo is offline Member

Default What rights do we have w/ lab work??

I am going in next week to discuss the treatment plan my doctor has for me. He continues to take a stand on limiting my meds to only Norco & nothing stronger. Every other nurse that has seen me for the past 9 months say theres something bad wrong w/ his thinking.
    I have had 5 levels fused & have been dealing w/ incredible pain since 2000.

My pain is getting much worse & much quicker now. The Norco's give me about 35 minutes of relief @ this point & he has me taking every 6hrs.

I am going in to see him & try to figure out what I need to do or say to get the help I need.
    I wanted to see what rights we have after signing those contracts w/ the lab work. I can't see how the results can be kept from us since we have offered them & paid for them. What I want to do is have him go down the contract 1 after another telling me what rules were broken (because none have been) & then have him print out copies of the lab results & have him explain them to me.
    After all that how can a Pain Management doctor refuse to do what he must know?????? I am not asking for much just something to give me a chance to spend this Christmas w/ my family - because the Norco keeps me in bed in horrible pain.

Anything any of you can do would be very much appreciated. I can see this visit is going to be a BAD one for sure!!!!!! These low life people pretending to be doctors have us right where they want us & it really stinks.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I don't understand this either as norco's (hydrocodone) are c rap and virtually usless in your situation.You need to find a pain clinic were they will prescribe long acting opiates for your chronic pain.Hydrocodone is for minor pain and not for long term medium to severe pain.There are all kinds of options that they can treat you with....Good luck....Dave

ymccormack is offline Member

Is this doctor saying you've violated the contract? Is he kicking you out? If that hasn't happened and you just can't get him to understand, you may want to try switching doctors....if the option is available.

Just do it before it escalates...a bad relationship with a pain mgmt doctor can put a flag on you really fast...

Keeping you on Vics is crazy...sounds more like you should be on OC's or even methadone.

Good Luck.

YM

Default This is supposed to be a Pain manag. doctor

Trust me I understand that these norco's are not what is needed. I was w/ another doctor for 5 yrs & he had me on OC's & I was dealing w/ the pain BUt ended up breaking his contract (so he said) & he dropped me when I went in for refills.. This is the doctor I've been w/ since. He keeps saying I'm too young to go on opiates & won't write them.
    I was only asking because the nurse that writes the rx's said she did not agree w/ his thinking in ref: to just writing me norco & she set up the appointment w/ him for me to get some answers out of him. She told me I needed to get all I could of my records & find another doctor. This all came from his nurse that understands the pain I'm in & wants to help me but he has to give the ok to write the scripts.
    I just wanted to know all I can BEFORE I go in there next week because I HAVE NOT BROKEN this contract..... I want him to say I have not... I have asked him before to go over the lab tests w/ me & he said "its not needed" / I know its not but I want him to say they all have been clean & give me copys of them for my records.
    Thank you for the responses. I just don't know what to do. the pain is getting worse by the day & the stress of waiting to fight w/ him is not helping.

What rights do I have w/ this guy??? I am fighting off going to the hospital because that would just be a nightmare. I am in terrible pain & this cold weather is making things much worse.

Thanks again

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

You definitely have the right to see the results of your lab work, and not only that, the whole shebang, Hehehe. The problem is Time. So who's gonna do it? And take the time out of their regular duties. It becomes a time problem, disabledleo. I know we've got an argument coming on because I have been on your side and others have responded to me the same way. So. That's the Medical System we all must deal with unless you want to make an ass of yourself and demand your rights right here and now, and get to it right fu**in now. I feel for ya, bud. Definitely a thinking way to go about it, and not a feeling one. Good Luck. God Bless.
    Mike VG
    Last edited by Mike VG; 12-03-2007 at 01:47 PM.
    Mike VG

Default Thanks Mike VG

No argument from me!!!! I don't even need this situation to make an ass out of myself // Ha Ha
    Or so my wife has told me.....

I just can't understand why the nursing staff is sooo upset w/ the care I am getting OR LACK of from this doctor & can not understand his thinking of only putting me on something like the norco's when I have had soo many surgeries & now he is wanting to send me back to the cutters for more work. That alone should contradict not understanding I AM IN TERRIBLE PAIN..

Thank you & tomorrow is the day I go into see him.
    Last ?
    Do I tell him the nurses quotes like she is not understanding why he is not treating me w/ meds that would help me & that she doesn't think he's providing me the best care ---- & on & on??? I do not want to get her in trouble w/ him since she really does care & is fairly new there in the office. She is not new to the field just the office so I figure she understands what she was telling me & doesnt care if I use her statements.. I just dont know how to deal w/ this guy tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped out

Default Dr finally heard me

I guess it took sitting there & not giving in to his words for him to hear me out. I explained the pain I have been dealing w/ for yrs now & that the contract I signed has not been broken by "ME" & could not understand why I was not getting treatment w/ appropriate medications for my conditions. It took him back in his chair & looked as if he'd seen a ghost BUT then asked me " OK what do YOU think I should do next?"
    That almost sent me thru the roof & he realized how mad that made me by the look on my face. Before he could get another word out I told him "I was the patient & he is the dr."
    I told him I have gone along w/ every treatment plan he has offered & just asked for my meds to be changed. He agreed to put me on Avinza 30mg once a day. He has set up some radio freq. nerve blocks for next week to see if they help.

The avinza seems to be much better in controlling my pain BUT do not last 24hrs. I just called the office to ask them if it would be ok for me to take a 10mg Norco @ bedtime because the avinza isnt coving me thru the night. I'm just waiting to hear back from them now. Surely they won't tell me not to take the Norco ---- BUT w/ them handing me a cup when I walk in the office everytime I need to let them know it will be in my system.
    THANKS to all that responded - it was helpful to hear from others.....