Hello Everyone. My husband has been on oxygen for two years now (COPD). He and I are trying to plan a trip for Thanksgiving. He is on oxygen 24/7 and the logistics (not to mention the cost for the equipment) is a nightmare. We live in Florida and need to visit my elderly mother in MD and his new grandbabies in NY. We will be driving up the east coast. Our insurance company will only cover getting the oxygen machine to MD. After that, we are on our own. In order to rent the portable machine from a private business it will cost $400. a week. Not exactly in our budget, esp with all of the other medical costs. We can hardly go to MD and not make it the other few hours to see the new babies (one is a year old and the other 2 weeks).

Does anyone know of any organizations that might lend or at least rent at a reduced rate. My husband and I haven't seen my mother since he started the oxygen two years ago and she is in her 80s so we do not want to disappoint her by not coming. Not to mention the fact that this would be very therapeutic for my husband. He rarely ventures out anymore.

Thank you for any advice.