Testosterone - ANDRIOL
    Bill Smith is offline New Member

Default Testosterone - ANDRIOL

I am a 58 year old male. No serious sexual problems. Measured 17.6 on scale of 23-80 in recent blood test.

MD prescribed ANDRIOL 40 mg.

What are the symptoms of low testosterone?

What can I expect from the drug - including benefits and possible side effects?

badazzwhitedude is offline New Member

Andriol (Testosterone Undecanoate) is a very weak form of oral Testosterone. I say "weak" because it is not 17-alpha-alkylated to withstand passing through the liver. So most of it is metabolized by the liver. On the plus side, this drug will not elevate liver enzymne values much (if at all).

Low testosterone levels can give many symptoms: Feeling tired and weak, low sex drive, achy joints, feeling "cranky" and moody, just to name a few. Testosterone for hormone replacement therapy, such as in your case, will alleviate some (or most) of these symptoms. You should feel more vigorous than before too. Side effects should be failry non-existant (for the most part) considering that your ng/dl testosterone levels are kept within the normal range for a healthy "young" male. Normal testosterone levels measure pretty much anywhere from 300-800 ng/dl.

Don't question authroity. They don't know either.

winstroldep is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by badazzwhitedude View Post
    Andriol (Testosterone Undecanoate) is a very weak form of oral Testosterone. I say "weak" because it is not 17-alpha-alkylated to withstand passing through the liver. So most of it is metabolized by the liver. On the plus side, this drug will not elevate liver enzymne values much (if at all).

Low testosterone levels can give many symptoms: Feeling tired and weak, low sex drive, achy joints, feeling "cranky" and moody, just to name a few. Testosterone for hormone replacement therapy, such as in your case, will alleviate some (or most) of these symptoms. You should feel more vigorous than before too. Side effects should be failry non-existant (for the most part) considering that your ng/dl testosterone levels are kept within the normal range for a healthy "young" male. Normal testosterone levels measure pretty much anywhere from 300-800 ng/dl.

Don't question authroity. They don't know either.
    please tell us what is 17-alpha-alkylated ?