• 1 Post By lovepink
  • 1 Post By renviss
  • 1 Post By ydnarb
  • 2 Post By freeamerica
  • 1 Post By kwestent
sleepin meds and pain killers
    farmslave is offline New Member

Default sleepin meds and pain killers

Geez, what do i hafta do to get some prescription sleeping meds and some sort of pain killers? Doctors act like they are made of gold. I cant sleep, he says try over the counter >>>>. I cant afford ambien..and cant keep going to doctor after doctor. Same thing regarding pain meds...particularly hydrocodone..my boss was taking one pill a day and they refused to refill prescription. Now that is ridiculous...my boss is almost 70 with degen. athritis. HELPPPPP HELLLPP. Any suggestions? I dont wanna sell them, or abuse them, just want to use medicines to help me sleep and to help out my boss/friend.

rosie is offline New Member

The best for pain and sleeping is aspirin.
    acacia1 likes this.

Sham51m38a is offline New Member

I am taking ambien and I have vicodin and I need both but I'm not sure if I should use them together?

Animate is offline New Member

I know what you mean. The companies make these medz and then the doctors and pharmacists wont give them to you. My mate has severe problems with anxiety and cluster headaches. Nothing makes it go away exept Klonopin for anxiety and tramadol for pain. {I know tramadol doesent work for most people, but strange enough its the ONLY thing that takes away the headaches-not even vicodin and fioricet will do it. and it has an anti- deppresant affect}.
    One problem is that he is now majorly addicted to both and he has to take up to 50 1mg tablets a day of klonopin. and a bottle of 120 tramadol lasts 2 days.
    Long story short. Were up the creek.

Animate is offline New Member

Doctors and Pharmacists think they are God.

Be carefull taking vicodin and ambien together. They my entertwine with eachother and they will end up "depending" on eachother. Then theres duel addiction going on. Both are VERY addictive.
    acacia1 likes this.

kns1257 is offline New Member

[quote]Originally posted by Sham51m38a

I am taking ambien and I have vicodin and I need both but I'm not sure if I should use them together

My husband was taking ambien and vicoprofen prescribed together. On drugs.com, check the medication reaction service on this site. drug interaction i believe this is called.
    kns

kns

anthonylipetri is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by farmslave

Geez, what do i hafta do to get some prescription sleeping meds and some sort of pain killers? Doctors act like they are made of gold. I cant sleep, he says try over the counter >>>>. I cant afford ambien..and cant keep going to doctor after doctor. Same thing regarding pain meds...particularly hydrocodone..my boss was taking one pill a day and they refused to refill prescription. Now that is ridiculous...my boss is almost 70 with degen. athritis. HELPPPPP HELLLPP. Any suggestions? I dont wanna sell them, or abuse them, just want to use medicines to help me sleep and to help out my boss/friend.

yunggrammy66 is offline New Member

MYSTI5000......CYCLOBENZAPRINE IS NOT RESTORIL. IT IS THE GENERIC FORM OF FLEXERIL. YOU SHOULD REALLY, REALLY BE MORE CAREFUL BEFORE QUOTING THINGS LIKE THAT. ESPECIALLY UNDER THE CONCEPT OF ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO ASK FOR THINGS.

bdoon51 is offline New Member

Default Percocet and Ambien

I was taking Percocet and couldn't sleep...I began having emotional and mental problems so a psychiatrist prescribed me Ambien CR. I took them along with the Percocet but was cautious. Eventually I stopped the Ambien...a couple of nights with minimal sleep but now I don't use the Ambien at all...still on the painkillers though. Sleeping ok.

Hutch1ns is offline New Member

I've found that the best thing for pain is A LOT of Ibuprofen. 600-800mg every 4-6 hours for a couple days. The only thing I've found to work as good as that (or better) is oxycontin, but never, EVER take oxycontin, no matter how much pain you are in. You will suffer far more when you try to come off of it.
    GretelJones and acacia1 like this.

bdoon51 is offline New Member

Default Pain and sleep

Ibuprofen has its own problems especially if you are taking large doses a long time and have had stomach, cardiac and blood pressure problems. In fact all NSAIDS are potential problems (even fatal) with blood pressure, GI and heart related conditions

lovepink is offline New Member

Smile

hi all ive never done this before and i was just wondering if this is the right web site i should be on to speak to people aboutmy pain killer addiction? im 23 and have been taking pain killers for 4 years now it started with a back problem cos of a car crsh but i got better soon after but still couldnt seem to kick the habit of taking them.. i would really like someone to talk to. thanks a lot xxx
    vicky'L likes this.

renviss is offline New Member

Farmslave:

I take Arthritis strength Tylenol for muscle and back pain, as directed on the label (2 650mg tablets), but I don't take them constantly. They kick in about an hour after I take them, but they seem to work well. Motrin is for inflamation and you need to be careful to not exceed the dosing levels posted on the label.

renviss is offline New Member

Lovepink:

Just by posting here means you're on the right track. I've gotten support for an addiction that have by going to a 12-step program. You can go and just sit and listen and not talk if you want to.

Posting here is another great way to receive support, too.

Thanks for reaching out and keep posting here.
    acacia1 likes this.

ydnarb is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovepink View Post
    hi all ive never done this before and i was just wondering if this is the right web site i should be on to speak to people aboutmy pain killer addiction? im 23 and have been taking pain killers for 4 years now it started with a back problem cos of a car crsh but i got better soon after but still couldnt seem to kick the habit of taking them.. i would really like someone to talk to. thanks a lot xxx
    Hey Lovepink, I'm here if you need to talk. I'm not much older than you and I just 2 weeks ago started Suboxone.Subutex due to a pian pill addiction, its worked wonders for me. Today is actually 2 weeks since I've had one and I feel GREAT!!
    Talk to you soon, stay in touch!
    acacia1 likes this.

freeamerica is offline New Member

Angry get a new doctor

i take ambiencr and have had times when i needed pain meds and got them. If doctors arent willing to help me then i fire them.doctors need to realize that not everyone is lying just to get a buzz, and not giving thier patients the best available is just cruel.
    cljdw2 and GretelJones like this.

kwestent is offline New Member

Default Just be careful

I have been constantly on and off of pain meds and also have ambien cr. You need to be very careful of the interactions of these as they can slow your respiration while you are asleep and you may never know especially if you are on a high dose. I have been on 6 80mg oxycotin for 5 years due to motorcycle accidents and cage fighting but when i don't need them i am on subo's which work great. Just don't be fooled by subos because if your using them to eventually come off then you have to realize that when you stop taking them you will be switched to naltrexone which is an opioid blocker. The doctors do this to jump start your system back to normal in a couple months instead of letting it happen on its own over the next year so while you feel fine on subo's you have to remember it is still an opiate and that when you come off you wont go thru withdrawal but you still be missing the endorphines you need to be happy and the naltrexone only makes it worse so you need to be prepared for a period of depression, some people are worse than others especially if you suffer from it already. I tell you so you are not blind sided by it. Just be ready
    diame likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default kwestent

I don't know where you got it that patients are automatically placed on naltrexone when they come off suboxone. That is not the case at all. I have seen two people TOTAL go on a low dose naltrexone therapy following suboxone. Two is it out of God only knows how many people. Naltrexone is actually used more in alcohol treatment than it is for opiates. Did someone place you on naltrexone and then just blow you off??? Sounds like it from what you are saying. God bless.

GretelJones is offline New Member

Amen. I now nurses are tired of hearing about it but 100 years ago when our grannies were on medicine, no one said anything. When did it stop being the patients personal business?

Brad The Advocate is offline New Member

Default PAP for sleep aids and pain meds

For sleeping aids there is only one PAP currently available and that is for the medication Rozerum. As far as pain meds are concerned that is a very mixed bag...there are PAP's for ultram and other very light meds but also PAP's for Oxycontin and Morphine Sulfate or Kadien. These programs are not for the faint of heart to try and get through. So look into the manufacturers of these meds to see if you can manage getting through their programs. Or you could try looking into a PAP company to take care of the processing for you.

cljdw2 is offline New Member

I would love to know if that is safe, as I have a scrip for both also, but by different doctors. has anyone tried this combo?

vicky'L is offline Member

Hi. What painkillers are you on right now? X

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cljdw2 View Post
    I would love to know if that is safe, as I have a scrip for both also, but by different doctors. has anyone tried this combo?

Dear cljdw,

It's hard to answer this question without knowing what specific drugs you're referring to. If you'd give a little more information, I'm sure you'll receive some responses.

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

cljdw2 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARTIST658 View Post

Dear cljdw,

It's hard to answer this question without knowing what specific drugs you're referring to. If you'd give a little more information, I'm sure you'll receive some responses.

God bless,
    Ruth
    Hi! thanks for the input. I take 50 mg Tramadol twice a day, and Vicodin in the am for pain(RA and Osteoarthritis) . I try to limit the Vicodin use to once in the am , but sometimes the pain gets me and i have 1 before bed. Lately I am waking up alot with joint pain, or cant get to sleep because of it

acacia1 is offline New Member

Default if you REALLY want to FEEL better, find out WHY you dont feel good first

no offense, but it sounds like you are going to end up in some trouble. first youre asking for yourself , then theres a 70 y/o boss.... who are you actually asking for pain relief for? I would find out WHY I cant sleep first of all, because sleep disrutions are usually a symptom of a much more serious issue. As for the pain. what kind of pain is it? located? how long? what KIND of docs are you seeing? just curious. a a recovering addict. to these particular issues as well. PLEASE research WHY you are in pain and cant sleep. It is really easy to find a doctor who can figure it out for you. An Osteopath is the first place I would look. He can address BOTH issues, usually WITHOUT painkillers and sleep aids. give it a shot if you really want to feel better and not just take drugs. I learned the hard way that the easy way is NEVER easy in the end. Good luck and God bless.

all the doctors I work with say AT LEAST 4-6 hours apart

Amen. could NOT have said it better myself

Suboxone saved MY life, and gave my family their mom and wife and daughter back. Thank God