September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

Default September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

CURE'S KIDS CONQUER CANCER
    ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Celebrate September

National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

September is recognized as National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. This September, CURE Childhood Cancer has committed to raising awareness and raising money to help find a cure for childhood cancer in our lifetime and put an end to this terrible disease through a special program called CURE's Kids Conquer Cancer One Day at a Time!

Did you know that cancer is the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. today? While we are dedicated to fighting childhood cancer all year long, we are hopeful that by focusing on the children impacted by this devastating disease during the month of September, we can truly make a difference.

Each day throughout the month of September, we will honor a special child in our CURE family who has been personally affected by childhood cancer. Some honored children are in the midst of their battles with cancer, some have conquered the disease, and some have lost the battle and will be specially remembered on their day.

Because less than 2% of federal funding for cancer research is directed at solving cancers that impact our children, CURE is challenging our community to raise $1,000 each day throughout Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in honor and in memory of all of the children we serve. Our goal at month's end is to raise $30,000 to put towards the fight to end childhood cancer and, most importantly, to honor our brave warriors One Day at a Time!

Please take a moment to honor and remember each of our featured children, knowing while you read their stories that they represent the 12,700 children with cancer diagnosed each year. Click to read their stories and consider supporting their fundraising efforts with your donation. You will receive an email each week in the month of September providing you updates on this initiative in furtherance of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

If you wish to donate in support of our efforts this September to raise $30,000 for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month but do not wish to donate to a specific child, please see instructions on website to donate to CURE's general September Fund.

info@curechildhoodcancer.org

Anonymous Guest

Hi Christi
    We got are bracelets in the mail today...and we are wearing them proudly
    when my daughter found out the story behind all of this she wants to know where she can buy a braclet...she was trying to steal mine...LOL but she would be happy to purchase one...
    Please tell Michael that you he has just made us ferry happy buy what he did.
    Thank him and give him a big smooch on the cheek...I know he will hate that ...LOL...but just tell him we really care about him...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Christi and Michael ..... Thanks for the bracelet. Sick children get my compassion and sympathy, where as adults we've created the majority of our own problems, maybe not all of them but nothing like children with cancer. Yet they remain positive and strong. Jesus holds each one of them in His arms breathing life into their bodies until they can do it on their own.

This moment I lift up every child with illness and pain to the only loving God who can lay a healing on hand on them each one. I pray in Jesus name for their complete recovery. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Michael's glad you guys appreciated them - he's very young to have to realize how serious this life can really be. There are a lot of times in my life that I won't remember for various reasons, including chemicals. My prayer is that God allows so many of Michael's memories of the last few years to simply fade away, at least with time.

Thank you for that prayer, Robert, it was beautiful.

Default Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Week 1 Recap

ONE DAY AT A TIME!

September: WEEK 1 RECAP

As we wrap up the first week of September, we want to thank each and every one in our CURE family for the tremendous amount of support and passion being put behind Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

We are so proud to share, that because of your efforts, CURE's Kids have already raised more than $40,000 that will go towards funding research to find a CURE for childhood cancer!

Thank you all for your continued efforts, generous support and dedication to finding a CURE.

Default September: WEEK 2 RECAP

ONE DAY AT A TIME!

September: WEEK 2 RECAP

As the second week of September comes to an end, we want to again thank each and every one in our CURE family for the continued support and passion being put behind Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

We are so proud to share, that because of your efforts, CURE's Kids have already raised more than $60,000 that will go towards funding research to find a CURE for childhood cancer!

Thank you all for your continued efforts, generous support and dedication to finding a CURE.