running out of Meds
    billythekid2u is offline New Member

Default running out of Meds

I don't know if anyone can help but I thought I would throw it out into space anyway and see what happens....
    I am disable on ssi and last year I was getting the extra help to help cover the part D and they told me this year everything would be the same until about to weeks ago when I got a letter saying I was not available for the extra help... So I am almost out of meds oh did I forget to say these are my physic meds that keep me from going over the edge and I am flipping out as I went to go pick them up... and just for one without the extra help is 328.00 alone... and I take 8 different meds just for my Bi-polar just to keep me normal that not including the other 10 for varies other things I need to deal with on a day to day bases and now they think I might have diabetes on top of all of that...So my question is what can I do or where can I go for help before it is to late....I don't have long before I am total out of meds and I become someone nobodies wants to know....

Thanks

Please Help
    Billy

wolseley is offline New Member

I am assuming you are American (this would never happen in Canada..but ahem...) First you can call the company that makes the drug. Often they have programs for people who can't afford their prescriptions where they will provide the drug free of charge. Also, I know that Montel Williams (of all people) has started up an organization that helps pay for drugs when people can't afford them. Google his new program. Good luck!

vduda is offline Member

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I don't have any suggestions. Seems like the other folks gave good advice. If you can't your meds it sounds like you'll end up in the Hospital where it will cost 10x more to treat you. This country is screwed. Hope it works out. God Bless.

DixiGurl is offline New Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PatientAssistanceProgram View Post
    [. . . ] We do have a small service fee [ . . . ]
    There are tons of medication assistance programs that are 100% FREE to those who qualify.

I'd take a hard look at programs that charge you a "small service fee" ..

Rational Prescriber is offline New Member

Thumbs up Try this

I've had good luck with [deleted]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2011 at 11:40 PM.