rough estimate please
    pgarne8 is offline Member

Default rough estimate please

Hi and thank you to all who reply,I am in desperate need of a pain management Dr,and i have no insurance or medicare nor can i get it,I have tried. I have back,and neck pain reaqlly bad somedays,and I have to work. Can anyone give me an estimate as to about how much it would cost me paying cash for a pain management Dr. I would really apreciate any rough estimate. Thank you

ariadaun Guest

pgarne8, this is a tough thing to estimate. there are so many things that influence the cost - where you live, the doctor's practice (such as are they private, part of a group), and what treatment is received. I can give you the prices I paid when I was going last year - but I live in a medium sized city, economically depressed region, saw a doctor in private practice who specializes in pain and chronic disease. Anyway, it might give you a rough idea. Oh and this was cash price - I did not have insurance either.

15 minute visit - med check and regulation, vitals only - $68
    30 minute visit - med check and regulation, vitals, lab results, 1 new issue or concern - $125
    60 minute visit - all of the items above with multiple items to discuss or referrals requests - $195

All treatments were referred out and cost whatever the other provider charged. Medications were all out of pocket and cost extra (unless it happened to be something that she could sample and this didn't occur very often.)

I unfortunately fell in that income level where I made too much for any type of assistance and didn't make enough to afford to buy my own insurance and didn't have the kind of boss who was willing to "waste his money" on health insurance for his employees.

Hope that helps you, but again, it does really depend on where you are.

pgarne8 is offline Member

Default rough estimate please

Im sorry its been a while,Thanks for the info Ariadaun.
    I can't afford it anyways