Questions about Subotex
    ocjohnknee is offline New Member

Default Questions about Subotex

I have been taking 8mg of subotex (buprenorphone) a day for 4 days now. I just want to know how much longer do I have to continue to completely detox from norcos.? I was taking 10 norcos a day for about last 9 months abd before that it was 2-4 norcos a day for 6 months.

I am starting a new job this coming week. and I'll be taking a drug test..Will subotex (buprenorphone) show up on the test? If do, any suggestions on how to get around it!! (ex. what to say before the test or after the test)

please please... any help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by ocjohnknee; 09-27-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ocjohnknee View Post
    I have been taking 8mg of subotex (buprenorphone) a day for 4 days now. I just want to know how much longer do I have to continue to completely detox from norcos.? I was taking 10 norcos a day for about last 9 months abd before that it was 2-4 norcos a day for 6 months.

I am starting a new job this coming week. and I'll be taking a drug test..Will subotex (buprenorphone) show up on the test? If do, any suggestions on how to get around it!! (ex. what to say before the test or after the test)

The subutex won't show up on a standard employment drug test. They would have to be checking for buprenorphine. The odds of that are slim. If they do you have a prescription. You should be just fine. You do have a prescription don't you?

It will take a couple weeks on the 8mg of subutex daily to be sure to be past the the Norcos. Then would be a good time to start a taper down over the next 7-10 days. Then for sure as the detox ends your dose has tapered down accordingly. Subutex works great when it's done like this. Just want to make sure to include the taper down. Don't just take 8mg doses and jump off from that dose. Works best to do a taper even if a rapid one.

We are glad to help if there is anything we can do. There are several people here on subutex and suboxone right now and doing great. Several here who have used it and stopped successfully as well myself included. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-27-2008 at 07:13 PM.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

I was taking the same amount of hydrocodone as you except for a much longer period....I completed a 27 day detox using suboxone and have been off suboxone for 7 days ...my progress/story is on the "suboxone short term" thread.Robert guided me thru a taper off suboxone that worked great for me....Good luck....The key is not to take it t longer than needed, and to taper correctly.

Robert_325 & musicman48,

Thank you guys!!

Robert i do have prescription.. I'm just concerned if my new employer does find it in my system. and how would i go about explaining it to them? should i tell them its none of their business or what?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Robert_325 & musicman48,

Thank you guys!!

Robert i do have prescription.. I'm just concerned if my new employer does find it in my system. and how would i go about explaining it to them? should i tell them its none of their business or what?

I wouldn't jump up and tell my new employer it's none of their business just yet. It probably won't even be detected. But no reason to start a war with your employer if you can avoid it.

If it is a positive on the test show them the prescription. I think you are probably worrying over nothing. But if they ask you have to tell the truth if it's discovered. Can't accomplish anything lying about it. Good luck.

Default Sorry

First off,,, Thank you for putting the time and effort in me. I've been reading the forum and it seem like you have been a help for a lot of people. I'm new at this. So bare with me if I ask lame questions.

I read that in order for subutex to be effective that you need to be deep in your withdrawal stage when induction of subutex. Is that true?

This is how i started my induction. In the morning when I wake up I usually take a norco to get my day going (to feel normal) instead I took a 8mg of subutex Wednesday 9-25-08 (I wasn't completely feeling the WD symtoms) .. I felt good then later that day I felt sick and threw up

The next 3 days I repeated Day 1 without the sickness but just felt weird

Day 5: I broke the 8mg in half took one in the AM and PM

What would happen if i started tapering my doses and find out im not ready? Would i have to start all over from the begainning? or could i just take more of the subutex and try to taper off it again in a few days?

I am having a hard time getting to sleep but I am sleeping not til 3 or 4am. In the morning I would have some energy and during the day i would be tired as hell (weak/lazy.... do you have any suggestions?