Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Padornelos60
Percocet Addiction Plz Help
    Piru is offline New Member

Unhappy Percocet Addiction Plz Help

Hello,I came to the conclusion a while back that im a addict. I was put on percocet over half a year ago for Kidney Pain, And im havin trouble getting off it and i need help.Im Young and i dont deserve help, My kindey problems were brought upon myself i was stabbed in the side in retailiation. I live in IngleWood CA and i have a probelm staying away from the streets because thats all i know but i have turned to religon to help, but the real problem i ahve is my addiction to pain Pills. I thought i was tough and what not till a little pill brought me to my knee's crying. My life was bad enough now this addiction has made it worse and it feels impossible to get over. Ive made alot of bad decicions in my life, lots of things im not proud of but i want to change and im hoping someone out there feels im worthy of there time and could help..I would be extremely appriciative..

midnightdust is offline New Member

Default You have started on the right track....

...just by admitting that you are an addict. This is the first step for everyone. So, congratulations.
    Being tough has nothing to do with addiction. It can happen to anyone. My advice would be to seek out a clinic in your area. I feel sure you can get the help & support you are going to need over the next few months. You should also be able to get financial assistance. If you don't know anyone to ask, look through the yellow pages or search the internet.
    My son became addicted to oxycontin last year, and ended up going to prison for 7 months. Needless to say that this woke him up and he's now a different person. The change he went through is possible for you also.
    Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Thank you for replying.....But i really dont want to go into a clinic its not an option..IM trying to do it alone im into my 2nd day of bein clean anyone tell me when all the withdrawls are gonna end ive been on percocet for half a year takin 6-8 a day...Not as bad as most ppl ive seen on this forum so im hoping it will be easyier.....

mikeyh is offline Member

Hi.I was takeing 15 to 20 a day.........went 4 days and sliped yesterday,about a week you will be feeling much beyyer just hang in there,,,but its gonna make you feel like ********************......but you can do it...Goodluck

A week ok i dont get a re-fill untill wednesday so that will be almost a week and ill be able to tell my doc not to give me any so im not tempted...Thank You.....And i hope u have sucess tryin to break your addiction...

Default Withdrawal Help

How many mg's are you taking per day? There is a big difference in 6-8 five mg pills = 30-40 mg's daily and 6-8 ten mg pills = 60-80 mg's daily.
    What I have heard from other's going thru withdrawal is that Valium or Xanax is very helpful, but if this isn't for you, then I suggest the herbal medication, Valerian Root. It is natural and will calm you down. Also, you can take it consistently. And, you might try Melatonin for aid in sleeping.
    A friend of mine who was going to a methadone clinic ended up in jail and had to go cold-turkey. He said it was 7 days of pure hell, but once it was over, he was fine. Just had to tough it out because he had no other choice. I do know (from talking to the nurse at the jail) that blood pressure is what they keep a check on when inmates are going through withdrawal. If it spikes, then they give them Valium, if I remember correctly.
    Good luck to you and I hope you are percocet-free by next week.
    I get a script for them every month, and have for about 3 years now, but I have never had any withdrawal symptoms, even if I take them heavily (when in pain) for 4-5 days and then have none for 4-5 days if I am not in pain. I guess it has a lot to do with body chemistry, and if the person is indeed in pain (?). Not sure. But good luck to you and hang in there!
    Just wondering, what are your symptoms? Nausea, diarrhea, sweats, etc? Can you sleep at all for more than a couple of hours at a time?

THANKS!
    Last edited by midnightdust; 05-04-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added on

mikeyh is offline Member

Hi....the doc gave me 1 mg xanax it really helps, i quit cold turkey only way for me,,im feeling better all the time,but it hard you stay in the bathroom or on the coach,but it will pass by just gonna take a week 7 days and you will feel like a new man,if you need to talk my mail is mikey_422001@yahoo.com.i no what your going through buddy ,,every day you go without 1 is a day your gonna feel much better,,,,,,,,,good luck to you my friend.......

Umm Im not good with the whole Mg thing so ill write what the label says.........Oxycodone (W/APAP 5/325 TAB MCK) Yea not sure what it mean lol....But umm My symptoms are:not sure how to describe it. i guess hot flashes/I cant stay off the toilet/I have no energy/My body aches.......

As far as the cravings and body hurting i feel better today but the Diaherria is unbareable my stomach feels like its gona explode and my area is really sore.....

Oh another question will drinking lots of water help get this ******************** out my system any fatser??or am i jus makin my diahrria worse??

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Get some imodium ad and drink sportdrinks like gatorade.Stay away from the energy drinks as they just hop you up on caffiene which you are already getting enough of in your percocets.You have been taking a rather small amount for an addict which is good as the withdrawls probably won't last to long.Try what I've suggested and as soon as you can get out and walk.Go for a walk in the am and again after supper.Walking helps promote endorphin production which helps us feel normal and not depressed.Good luck and keep us inform of how your doing....Dave

Default Good Advice

Piru~
    Sounds like mikeyh & mpvt have given you good advice. From what I have heard from others, the amount you were taking is rather mild compared to the majority of addicts.
    I am sure you will be fine after a few days and can start living life clean and feeling wonderful.

ydnarb is offline Junior Member

Hey Piru! I hope today is better for you than yesterday. Even two days w/out the pills is a huge accomplishment. Hang in there, you're gonna make it. Next weekend you'll look back and be glad you decided to stop!!

Stay Strong!!

oh, and always listen to dave's advice, he seems to know what he is talking about

Yea three days now...Still got the diahrria but im starting to feel way better.I went and did some lawn work over at local church..So yea that felt good after words and it took off some comunity service ....Well thanks everybody for your help It was only bad for like 2 days now im doin better for the most part.....

Aurarisma is offline New Member

Default Just Do It

you can do it if you really want to .. and want to create great memories for your self .. to remember when u are older... The mind is supreme...

I know .. Ive beeen there... just do it ..

Blessings,
    Aurarisma xo stay best friends with God

so if my dependent's is to percocet could i take ultram(not abused for pain) or will it be jus like taking a percocet and have to go thru withdraws again???

shannon12344 is offline New Member

I take ultram for pain. I think they work really good. But yes you will still have flu-like symptoms from not taking them. It sucks I know. Hope this helps!

renviss is offline New Member

Hi Piru:

It sounds like you've really been struggling with your addiction. I have some experience with addiction, too, and have found a lot of help from 12-step meetings.

By living in L.A., you have access to a lot of different options, 12-step programs, support groups, etc.

Hang in there, you're doing well, although stopping cold turkey isn't the best way to go, but you seem like a real trooper.

Good luck to you and I hope the side-effects diminish.

You need Subuxone.A non-addictive pain med used to detox patients and also for long-term pain.The most safe,effective pain med on the planet!You can find out more on Subuxone.com.It will give you a new lease on life,streets or not.Good luck hon.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Suboxone is an exellent drug for addiction recovery but it is not non-addictive.Suboxone (buprenorphene) is a partial opiate antagonist and is taken sublingually.Suboxone patients need to wean down slowly after they decide to come off the drug otherwise after about 3-5 days they go into terrible opiate withdrawls....Have a good day everyone.....Dave

jhnrxn is offline New Member

could anyone tell me if Testim is also used as a steroid?

sparkey is offline Junior Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post
    Hello,I came to the conclusion a while back that im a addict. I was put on percocet over half a year ago for Kidney Pain, And im havin trouble getting off it and i need help.Im Young and i dont deserve help, My kindey problems were brought upon myself i was stabbed in the side in retailiation. I live in IngleWood CA and i have a probelm staying away from the streets because thats all i know but i have turned to religon to help, but the real problem i ahve is my addiction to pain Pills. I thought i was tough and what not till a little pill brought me to my knee's crying. My life was bad enough now this addiction has made it worse and it feels impossible to get over. Ive made alot of bad decicions in my life, lots of things im not proud of but i want to change and im hoping someone out there feels im worthy of there time and could help..I would be extremely appriciative..
    Are you taking them legally? If you are seeing a doctor to get them prescribed i would try to tell the doctor of your problem. Methadone in small doses actually helps you get rid of your craving of pain pills. When i first took methadone, i could not believe i had no crave for any opiates like i did before i took methadone. I take that for pain also, but do not get the high i got with perc's and vicodins. Good luck on the road to recovery.

bean5718 is offline New Member

You are deffinatly on tyhe right track hun. I was addicted to methadone, roxicodone and liquid oxy for 7 years and just recently i have come off them. I started on things like lortab and percocets and gradually moved up. all of it was prescribed for a back condition so you are on the right track and my best suggestion is to get into a doctor and start on suboxone. its a great drug that will make your recovery a lot easier than you can imagine. it stops all withdrawls wothout getting you high and you can gradually taper down. but just not having withdrawls isnt enough you really have to want it and believe me coming off of pills is very scary thing. you will feel empty for a long time but its wel worth it.

PittsburghL is offline New Member

Smile You Do Deserve help...and here it is...

Hi Young,

I'm a recovering percocet addict from Pittsburgh, PA...Do not feel like you are not worthy of help...I was taking percocet for a year due to back problems due to weight issues...

I've tried a number of things to kick the habit...but every time I tried to stop...the pain of withdrawal would begin...the chills...the pain in the arms and all over my body......the insomnia and thoughts of suicide made it unbearable...So rather than stop...I would start taking it again...

I was NOT PRESCRIBED the medication...so I had to get it illegally...which is costly...I was spending over $300/day do keep the pain away...

I first tried taking cough medication, Nyquil, to first break the habit....It worked briefly but it didn't block the symptoms of withdrawal from returning....so I was basically replacing my addiction with cough syrup....yuck...

Something I tried and saw on a forum like this one...is taking 40mg of Immodium AD...Granted it is 20 times the recommended dosage, but it worked...Most people can't afford the $30K it takes to go to a rehab facility...I know I can't...So a $16 package of Rite-Aid Immodium AD caplets is an economical alternative...

You should only have to do this for three days before you are free of the physical addiction...which leads to the next...more difficult step...the mental addiction....

You will be really depressed...I mean really really sad...You will want to relapse...thinking you can just take Immodium AD as a "quick fix"....there is no "quick fix"...you have to keep yourself busy and away from the opiates....or the cycle will continue...

I found that working out is the best way to deal with the depression...your body will start producing natural endorphins that will give you the best high ever and it's natural...and your body does it on its own!....

...you can also spend time with family and friends...try and help other people out like I am doing today...

Good luck on your quest to kick this terrible addiction...

- PittsburghL

Padornelos60 is offline New Member

Suboxone is the worst to get addicted ....please everybody who is deciding to go on it for more than 4-5 days beware..... It is as bad to come off like methadone. So please do your research because the stuff is horrible the withdrawals last for months depending how long you were on it.......it is very bad stuff ,,,,,Beware
    pillpoppn likes this.

danjenlily is offline New Member

It's 3:45 in the morning PST, Ima mess.......... These pills ruined my life and cost me everything.. my job, my family, and friends... I went through a mess of problems this year and end up trying to kill myself by and OD, then shot back in July 2012, a car crash and more... I quit using them after the OD because the effects of all the RX I took were much worse and I didn't notice the withdraws, and stayed off them until about 3 months ago.. I finally broke down and bought some, half because I was hurting as the bullet was a hollow point and I have huge fragments sticking out of my back on the surface that kill me, the other half is I have never stopped thinking about them... When I'm on them I'm happy and energetic, when I'm not on them I'm depressed .. I've been through all the anti psychotic drugs, Valium, anti - depressants, therapy.. I think I'm just a lost F(&U(*( cause... It's sucked me back in, I'm tired of them and there taking over my life... I'm tired of all my time being wasted thinking about them... I guess maybe I've spent a life unhappy and when I'm using I'm happy.. who doesn't want to be happy?? I need off.. The thought of wd again makes me want to die and the constant battle to not buy them anymore and use them. How do u do it??? I'm at a loss right now I have no freaking idea what to do.. I've tried the 5 hour energy's, vitamins, ect.... I'm loosing it... Is there a ever a time if once you quit you don't think about it all the time? I'm afraid I'm going to loose my family I worked so hard to get back.. people say there love should be enough, and think about your kids, I do but it's like Satan made these pills himself... any support would be much loved.. I don't know what else to do!!

pillpoppn is offline Banned

I feel your pain... I was losing everything from perks & oxys. (car accident also)

I am on day 5 of w/d - cold turkey... and surviving. The first 2 days were hell but I had someone by me at all times so I didn't do anything stupid.

I've been down the recovery road (X-cocaine addict) - I have lost everything before (job, house, relationships, investments) but within 1.5 years it came back and then more.

You can do this!! Baby steps...

I'm currently using OTC pain meds, benzos, seroquil (for sleep). Do not feel bad about that. Besides a benzo-taper which (from my experience) is nowhere near as uncomfortable as quitting opiates; you're doing the right thing. Lots of heat pads, and I also went to the whirlpool/sauna. Today I will try for a walk. Every little thing helps.

Keep reaching out!! I wish everyone another sober day.

PP