Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ARTIST658
  • 1 Post By TexasGirlKatie
Pain doctor raided by DEA and state, need records
    Satchmoeddie is offline New Member

Angry Pain doctor raided by DEA and state, need records

In late April I went to my pain management clinic. There was a large man outside the door who ask if I was there to see Dr. XXXXX. I said I was, and he said they were serving a search warrant and the office was closed. The clinic reopened 4 days later, and I got medication for May. They closed permanently a week later. I have been scrambling to find a new pain management doctor. The one I found is hyper opinionated and has cut back medications. I am miserable. Before I started on her program I could do house work, and yard work, as well as a part time job (mainly as a hobby, no real income). In the mean time all my pain management records are at the DEA's office, or the OIG. I already lost a few years of record this way in another similar situation. I was told back then "Oh you will get your records back after the investigation". "and the farmer hauled another load away". If something works do NOT fix it. I am wondering if I should give this new doctor (nurse practitioner) a chance, or try to find another pain management provider. I have neuropathy, arthritis, was burned in an electrical accident, and have severe low back pain. The DEA agent said the old doctor is being investigated for fraud, and the overdose deaths of a few patients. The patients from that doctor's office have made up so many other allegations it is sickening. To make matters worse a local news channel has reported some of these stories. I know people in the OIG and DEA. I am not at liberty to discuss anything besides what I disclosed earlier. This news story has made finding a new doctor a real problem. My records are gone, and I am treated like some scam artist.

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

I have a question. Do you live in Florida by chance?? Especially in the Tampa area, local cops and sheriffs detectives are doing major stings to catch pain management docs who are over prescribing. I feel bad for the patients who actually need the meds and aren't just abusing them. I hope you are able to find a new doc soon. Take care!! Let us know what happens. If you have a primary doc, ask for a referrel from him/her.

midwestma is offline New Member

Angry PC Clinics / absent doctors

Quote Originally Posted by doc.rose View Post
    I have a question. Do you live in Florida by chance?? Especially in the Tampa area, local cops and sheriffs detectives are doing major stings to catch pain management docs who are over prescribing. I feel bad for the patients who actually need the meds and aren't just abusing them. I hope you are able to find a new doc soon. Take care!! Let us know what happens. If you have a primary doc, ask for a referrel from him/her.
    I have had a very bad experience also with pain clinic, I'm not sure of all the details about the Doctor involoved, in fact; 99% of the time the Nurse Practioner /nurses were the ones dispensing the medications each month. Once in a while they would make you take a UA to be sure the medications were in your system, or halfway through the month they would phone me and ask me to bring in my medication so they could do a "pill count", when I asked to see the doctor you were made to think that you were stepping on someones toes. He was never around. The real kicker was the fact the he didn't accept checks for co-pays it had to be cash. Each visit was $250.00, when I questioned this practice, I was told I could aways go some place else for my medications. He had me on 100mg of Kadian an extended release Morphine three times a day, Plus; 7,5/325mg of Percocet for breakthru pain1or2 tabs four times a day, and he added Xanas 2mg. three to four times a day., Long and short of this story, the Xanax gave me short term amnesia, it resulted in me taking more meds than I was suppose to, I woke up in the ICU three days later on a respirator, couldn't remember why or how I got there. All I know is I nearly died. The absent Doctor finally showed up with a story that I was "suicidal", and had me forceably admitted to the Psych ward against my will for 72 hours. I was mortified to say the least. I finally got a Psychiatrist to listen to my story; Low and behold this Doctor did a disappearing act. Left me with multiple addictions and withdrawals to sayy the least. I've had five spinal fusions; and Sytemic Lupus. Fibromyalgia. so many medical problems too long to list here. I've just recently heard this Doctor had his licensed pulled by the state medical board.. I pray he didn't ruin too many lives. Someone needs to over see these doctors. that leave patients high and dry, and no one to turn too to help out. I pray for all those people who have suffered at the hands of incompetenet Doctors. I wish you all the luck in the world. God Bless

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

When it comes right down to it, each of us has to be our own best advocate. We can't rely on doctors to always do the best thing on our behalf. Even the best of them is human, and subject to mistakes. Then when you get to the shady "dr-feel-good" doctors, they could care less what misery they are giving their patients, only that their pockets are well-lined.

When we don't even see the doctor, but shell out $ 250 in cash for copayments to gain our medications, in our gut, we know what the doctor is doing isn't kosher. When given the option of going elsewhere - and not going, because we know we can't get the drugs we want elsewhere - we have a serious problem.

I think, deep within each of us (even when we're addicted), we know that we're on shaky ground with the level of medications we are taking. We can't simply pass on 100% of the blame to the doctor for our subsequent addictions. If we are taking more pain meds than is prescribed to us, we know it. If we are taking more than one painkiller for our pain, we know it. If we are nodding off or losing our memory, it's clear that we are over-medicated.

I'm not trying to minimize a doctor's role in our dependencies. I am trying to elucidate our role, however. Until we can take personal responsibility for our addiction, we can't take personal responsibility for our recovery. Sure, I was mad as hell at my doctor when I became addicted. But now, years later, I can better see the role that I played in that addiction. When we are exaggerating our symptoms to gain more narcotics, we own a piece of that responsibility. When we claim that our medication was "stolen" when it wasn't, we know better. When we are turning to more than one doctor for medications, we aren't victims, we're volunteers.

The first step in overcoming any problem is admitting it - and accepting our role in it. Only then can we change what we're doing, so that it doesn't happen again.

amberwish, Fentyful and surfdog like this.

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satchmoeddie View Post
    In late April I went to my pain management clinic. There was a large man outside the door who ask if I was there to see Dr. XXXXX. I said I was, and he said they were serving a search warrant.......my records are gone, and I am treated like some scam artist.
    Sounds like you need an attorney.
    Peter

erinbaby86 is offline New Member

o my god I've never heard of a doctor giving that much narcotics. I've not even seen cancer pat. or someone with serious injuries get that much strong meds. Thank god the DEA raided it, he had you so strung out you didn't have a choice but to go see him for your monthly dope. it sounds like he had a gold mine cause your addicted and no other doctor with any ethics would give any one person that many schedule#2 drugs and then throw in benzo's too. you should sue him, he wasnt helping you, he used u. WoW You are going to have to do alot of >>>>>> to keep that level of opiate in your system. I think its a crime for what he did to you. He in my book is worst than the >>>>>> dealers I've dealt with on the streets.

erinbaby86 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRabbit2 View Post
    Sounds like you need an attorney.
    no it sounds like you need rehab... I have pain issues to and I'm a addict. I've choose to be on suboxone it helps with the pain and you dont walk around in lala land from it. you can control your pain without being high.

I live in the state of MN .

Quote Originally Posted by doc.rose View Post
    I live in the state of MN

Quote Originally Posted by erinbaby86 View Post
    no it sounds like you need rehab... I have pain issues to and I'm a addict. I've choose to be on suboxone it helps with the pain and you dont walk around in lala land from it. you can control your pain without being high.
    You chose to be on suboxone for PAIN? I wouldn't suggest advising others to do so!!!! That's extremely dangerous and STUPID! I don't know much about subs, but I KNOW that taking them for PAIN management is awful.

All natural supplements would help more than suboxone would. Please do some research before dishing out medical advise that could ruin someone's life!!!

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGirlKatie View Post
    You chose to be on suboxone for PAIN? I wouldn't suggest advising others to do so!!!! That's extremely dangerous and STUPID! I don't know much about subs, but I KNOW that taking them for PAIN management is awful.

All natural supplements would help more than suboxone would. Please do some research before dishing out medical advise that could ruin someone's life!!!

This post was from 2010, so I doubt the poster will read your response.

If you took a moment to read through this poster's history, you'd see that she was taking the subs to detox off an opiate addiction. Suboxone is an opiate, and it does provide some pain relief. It is not considered a very effective pain reliever, so it is not generally prescribed just for pain relief. However, when a person has an opiate addiction AND pain, the suboxone can help with both.

Additionally, we can't discount the psychological factor involved. When we believe that a medication is helping us with pain, that positive mind-set can actually potentiate the drug's usefulness. And it's certainly better to be taking the subs than to return to the opiates.

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTIST658 View Post
    This post was from 2010, so I doubt the poster will read your response.

If you took a moment to read through this poster's history, you'd see that she was taking the subs to detox off an opiate addiction. Suboxone is an opiate, and it does provide some pain relief. It is not considered a very effective pain reliever, so it is not generally prescribed just for pain relief. However, when a person has an opiate addiction AND pain, the suboxone can help with both.

Additionally, we can't discount the psychological factor involved. When we believe that a medication is helping us with pain, that positive mind-set can actually potentiate the drug's usefulness. And it's certainly better to be taking the subs than to return to the opiates.

God bless,
    Ruth
    That is true....and I just got very scared for OTHERS reading that...because I have personally known people to get prescribed subs for pain and it literally destroyed their life. I would never ever want to see anyone, dealing with addiction, getting hooked on subs as an alternative to opiates. Like I said, I don't know much about subs, but I have seen enough to make an oppositional statement on that thread in case someone was looking for an answer. They could read the adverse statement, and maybe it would encourage them to think twice, which is something WE ALL should do before trying a new solution to an age old problem. The post wasn't for the poster...it was a different viewpoint being offered up, as a preventative measure. All natural, is always the safest. I have chronic pain all over my entire body, which is also tied into my PTSD and it triggers anxiety, flashbacks, etc etc. So I definitely know the importance of treating chronic pain, and would like to encourage all-natural alternatives rather than subs.

I didn't realize the post was so old, but then again, it didn't matter...I made the response for all the "lurkers" out there who are looking for an answer. That's all

God bless
    Katie
    Denny_D likes this.