oxycodone
    cincotta84 is offline New Member

Post oxycodone

I have been taking oxycodone for a bit now an have constipation from it. Anyone know what to do to help? I have takin all kinds of laxitives an none seem to help.

dalejrfan71 is offline Member

I take oxycodone as well. What I do to not be constipated is eat foods high in fiber, such as raisin bran or fresh fruits like apples. Taking laxatives isn't good for you as you will become dependent on them for BM's. The other thing that I do is drink lots of water everyday. I average drinking about 5 - 6 bottles of water a day with Crystal Light.
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

anotheraddict is offline Member

I eat at least 1 bowl of frosted mini wheats daily. No lie, it works like a charm for me. Nothing else has helped.
    1 is too many, and 1000 is never enough

Freed from my own personal hell since 03/24/2009

amgalvin3 is offline New Member

Lightbulb Ducolax (may be misspelled)

hihi ducolax, works, um, I drink activia everyday too. The best is an enema (i know, it's gross), but it works too, although you'd probably want to make that your last resort. Ask your dr for constipation pills, although a friend of mine LOVES her OC's because she's got IBS and it keeps hers regular! LOL

shes1962 is offline New Member

Default hi

I take 4 stool softners a day u can get them at walmart or any drug store I take the equate brand

lisa1961 is offline New Member

Take Miralax (over the counter) regularly. It takes a couple days to fully work. Meanwhile eat lots of high fiber foods and fiber supplements. MUST drink plenty of water

justgothome2031 is offline New Member

Default oxycodon contstipation

increase your fiber intake by 50% (if you have a normal diet), try metamucil or some such powder fiber, keep taking the stool softeners, try doc q lace. get up and move around, go for a walk. dont eat alot of greasy food, drink massive amounts of water, at least 64 oz a day. eat alot of foods rich in vitamin K, green leafy vegetables etc. hope this helps!

allyoop_58 is offline New Member

Frosted mini wheats for me and sometimes I'll change up a little to Sugar Smacks or even Frosted Flakes.
    Good Luck
    Allyoop

midwestma is offline New Member

[COLOR="Dark Orchid"][/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by cincotta84 View Post
    I have been taking oxycodone for a bit now an have constipation from it. Anyone know what to do to help? I have taken all kinds of laxatives an none seem to help.
    I've just read an article about eating "apricots", on a daily basis and they are supposed to help with your bowel movements , another one is drinking plenty of water during the day to increase the amount of fluid in your stool to insure your system has enough water in your system to help keep the stool moving. try as many OTC stool softeners as you can afford. I also heard from a friend that a General Nutrition Store have many suggestions that may also be helpful also,it sure can't hurt right? Good Luck and /Bless You
    Last edited by midwestma; 05-31-2010 at 07:18 PM.

maryygane is offline New Member

By Taking laxatives isn't healthy you as you will become reliant on them for BM's. The other thing that I manage is drink allotments of water everyday. I mean consuming about 5 - 6 containers of water a day with Crystal Light

kathieinaz is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cincotta84 View Post
    I have been taking oxycodone for a bit now an have constipation from it. Anyone know what to do to help? I have takin all kinds of laxitives an none seem to help.
    What works for me is to drink 8 ounces of apple juice every day. It doesn't sound like a good fix, but it is the thing that keeps me from being constipated. I use duragesic patches and then the oxycodone for break-through pain. Another thing to try is prunes. I happen to like the dried ones, and ate them when I was low on the apple juice. I hope one of these may help you out. It took about 5 days before the apple juice kicked in for me. Good luck.