Need a doctor near San Antonio, TX that cares
    kubear is offline New Member

Default Need a doctor near San Antonio, TX that cares

I have seen a doctor for my back pain whos in the past prescribed hydrocodone 10/325 with 2 refills each time. But their new policy is that pain patients have to go in every month and they will only write scripts with no refills. Unfortunately I do not have insurance and can not afford the $75 fee to see the doc every month. I am also going to the VA clinic to be seen for my pain and other issues. They took xrays and scheduling an MRI, but they will not prescribe me anything but tramadol in the mean time which does not help me with the pain. If anyone knows a compasionate doctor who charges a reasonable consult fee please let me know. I will only need, hopefully at max, 3-6 months worth of scripts until every thing gets straightened out with the VA. Thanks.

whileloop is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kubear View Post
    I have seen a doctor for my back pain whos in the past prescribed hydrocodone 10/325 with 2 refills each time. But their new policy is that pain patients have to go in every month and they will only write scripts with no refills. Unfortunately I do not have insurance and can not afford the $75 fee to see the doc every month. I am also going to the VA clinic to be seen for my pain and other issues. They took xrays and scheduling an MRI, but they will not prescribe me anything but tramadol in the mean time which does not help me with the pain. If anyone knows a compasionate doctor who charges a reasonable consult fee please let me know. I will only need, hopefully at max, 3-6 months worth of scripts until every thing gets straightened out with the VA. Thanks.
    I am not happy with my current Doctor either. Who is the San Antonio Doctor that charges $75 per visit ? I don't have to go that often, so that is reasonable.
    Thanks,
    Rick

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kubear View Post
    You may want to be cautious. If you have had doctor # 1 prescribing the hycrocodone for a while, then doctor # 2 (VA) prescribing the tramadol, then find doctor # 3 prescribing the hydrocodone to replace doctor # 1 - well, you may just get pegged for doctor shopping.

I can't imagine why it would take 3 to 6 months to get the results from an MRI, VA or not. Also, why can't doctor # 1 send copies of his records to the VA, so they can see what he used to determine that hydrocodone was necessary in the first place???

Your actions may raise some eyebrows, and that's a risky thing.

cferd is offline Member

Seventy five dollars is actually a pretty reasonable Dr's fee compaired to most. I believe most larger cities have clinics for low income/ unable to pay residents. Although i agree with Ruth, your actions may raise a few red flags. Esp. if your state has intergrated the computer systems linking all the various pharmacy activities. I know several states have already done so and a lot of people are getting in trouble for having more than one Dr prescribing pain meds.