need assistance
    sassyjean is offline New Member

Default need assistance

I'm getting ready to lose my insurance and need help with paying for my medicine. What do I need to do to get some help paying for my medicine?

sassyjean is offline New Member

I take Atenolol for my blood pressure,so I need to continue to take it.I need an answer soon.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by sassyjean View Post
    I take Atenolol for my blood pressure,so I need to continue to take it.I need an answer soon.

You should be able to ask your dr about help for any drugs you take. Most drug manufacturers have programs where if you are on their medication, then lose your insurance, they will help you to keep you taking their drugs rather than some other company.

I don't know what state you're in, what laws apply to you, etc. But the drug companies have programs especially with what all is happening at this time economically.

Here is a link for Atenolol. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/atenolol.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

nykaren1955 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sassyjean View Post
    I'm getting ready to lose my insurance and need help with paying for my medicine. What do I need to do to get some help paying for my medicine?
    Sorry for the bad news. Try going to your states homepage. I'm from NY and we have a few health care programs for working families. O course if you have children its a lot easier. I was on it with no children. However, I still had to pay . but, that was fine with me. I paid 128.00 with no co-pays. Also check out your Catholic Charities. We have a big organization here. Get free samples of Meds from your Dr. to help. Of course they have money guidelines. I think its up to $45,000 with a family of 3 or 4. And last but not least is Medicaid. Here in NY we also can get it however loooow incomes. But,again we have health care under these programs that we have to pay co-pays and premiums. Mine was 120.00 a month and its called Spin Down. Check it out. Now , I'm on Medicare with a HMO. that's actually horrible.last yr. I was paying 200.00 a month. Now i''m paying 98.00 to medicaire and 100.00 for HMO. We need to change the health care system so people like you and me aren't' stuck in the middle.

living in pain is offline New Member

Default losing your ins.

im soooo sorry to hear of your ins. problem. i am im in a similiar situation. although i have not lost my health insurance, they now as of july 1st refuse to pay for my medication ive been on for the past five years. my med is very expensive but, i only got a week and a half notice! my quality of life has diminished unbelievably. I hope you were able to get help by now seeing that u posted just over a month ago but if not, please try to contact the makers of your medication. they usually offer assistance. they do have a cut off on your income but that depends on each manufactuer. i am still unable to afford my med ($8,000 a month w/o ins.) and they go by last years tax returns to determine if you r eligible to receive assistance which as of 2008 i was comfortable while taking my meds and able to work more so i did not qualify for any type of assistance. I hope that you have better luck than i have! Please keep us posted and let us know if you had any luck-best wishes to you!

mwb321 is offline New Member

Default Pharmacy Discount Cards

There are discount prescription cards available for people without insurance. They are free to obtain and you get a discount at the pharmacy.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-28-2010 at 03:13 AM.

maryygane is offline New Member

My med is very costly but, i only got a week and a half notice! my value of life has weakened unbelievably. I wish you were adept to get assist by now glimpsing that u dispatched just over a month before but if not, delight trial to communicate the manufacturers of your medication.