Need advice
    pmcmen1019 is offline New Member

Default Need advice

Hi,

I am a chronic pain paitent. My doctor curently prescribes percocet for me. I have degenerative disk disease, 2 herniated disks and 3 pinched nerves. He wants to send me to pain management and I want to go but I don't have insurance. I am on the waiting list for a state insurance so I will have it eventually. My boyfriend of 5 years who just passed away and was in a wheelchair was also giving me methadone for the pain. I was taking 30 mg a day. I take 10 mg a day of the percocet. Should I level with my doctor about the methadone and ask him if he will prescribe it for me? I have been going to him for years but am afraid to tell him about it. I also don't want to go through methadone withdrawl. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Perri

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You better tell him soon because if you run out of the methadone you're going to go into withdrawls that will last for weeks.You should never take anyone elses meds.Methadone is unlike a weak drug like percocet and you will pay the price for taking it illegaly.Good luck.....Dave

I do not know if u can get methadone from a doctor? i think it has to be from a registered clinic? they are really strictly controlled. i would look up the nearest clinic if that is the route you want to take, but don't get it off the street or you might find urself a 1095instead of 1019!!. lol. good luck

pmcmen1019 is offline New Member

Hi,

Yes, doctors are now prescribing methadone for pain. That is where my boyfriend was getting it from. I have an appointment with my doc next week and I have enough to last me until then. If he can't help me I will ask him if he knows someone who can. Thanks for responding.

Tiff28428 is offline Junior Member

yes you can get methadone from a pain managment Dr. I used to go to one and get it.

matthewb is offline Junior Member

do you know that methidon is very addictive and there are alot of people stuguling to get off with really tuff withdrawls?