My brother has parkinson's, but can't afford his much needed meds!!!
    DLCONNELL is offline New Member

Question My brother has parkinson's, but can't afford his much needed meds!!!

My brother suffers with awful Parkinson's Disease, but cannot get any assistance for his much needed medication.

He is prescribed SENTIMET, but it is so very expensive! my brother, Bobby, cannot work and doesn't have any means of income. He has an SSI hearing coming up in April, but that could drag out for months and months. Bobby is also prescribed Clonazepam 1.0mg and Clonazepam 0.5mg. He CANNOT AFFORD any of his meds and DESPERATELY NEEDS ALL OF HIS MEDS!!!

PLEASE HELP!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.

SINCERELY,

DL CONNELL

endlessPred is offline New Member

I suggest you contact the company that makes the medication. I did that once for cellcept and they provided it free because of my low income... Have you contacted the Parkinson's web site? Good luck

ScottinSanford is offline New Member

Hi DL, I'm sorry to hear about your brother's situation. It hurts to see people, especially loved ones struggle just to keep up with their medications!

You mentioned Clonazepam...there are discount drug card programs that sometimes offer really substantial savings. They can be overlooked at times. It really depends on the drug. Both http://www.mymedssavingscard.com and http://rxfreecard.com offer pretty good savings. In fact with certain dosages of Clonazepam there can be savings up to 85% from the retail price. I know that sounds crazy but it is true. You should check that out. Best of luck!

Bojangling is offline Junior Member

Sorry to hear your bro has Parkinson's Disease. I can relate to what you feel. My mother has it as well. I would do anything to get my mom meds for that, anything.

Its a sick sick world we live in where if you don't have the means, bummer, you can suffer. Meds for many of those types of disease's should be free. If the disease picks you and you don't contribute to getting it, free.

savon is offline New Member

Many Drug companies have programs that will provide free or close to free drugs for people that cant afford them. His Dr. should be able to provide the contact information. He can also check some the of Rx discount programs like savonrx.com.